William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrissomLivesOn

GrissomLivesOn Hit and Run

I was aware that he is remaining on as executive producer, but not aware that he is returning for the 200th episode. I guess there is some hope for Grissom's character after all...thank goodness. As of right now, I just feel so sad knowing Grissom is not going to be around anymore. Moreover, I wish I could somehow change it so that he does not leave. :(

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I guess he's very happy doing his "Theater Work" and was getting burnt out doing CSI, he's 55, and wants to do something else, but I as well, wished at least he would have made it to a even 10:(and not bailed in the middle of the season:confused: and have you seen the Billy Petersen Picture thread as well, it's on here too.. take a peek!

3. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

"Fear" is a pretty good movie. :bolian: He plays Reese Witherspoons father, and he ends up having to save his family from the psycho she dates. "Manhunter" really is not as good, in my opinion as the other WP fans think. Just because he stars in the movie does not mean that it's good. His acting was mediocre, but everyone else's acting in it was just terrible. The last time I said that about the movie, someone in this thread, I won't name names says I didn't like it because it was made in the 80's. :rolleyes: Not true, because I love "To Live and Die In LA," and most of the movies I like are older than me. "Red Dragon," the remake with Edward Norton and Ralph Fienes was so much better.

4. Desertwind

I agree with you analysis of that movie ashlmorr3 it's really archaic and outdated, he's done much better one, "Gunshy" he's great and "The Staircase" he's an angel, and so soft spoken and sweet. Then for all around great super acting as I've said many times prior, "The Young Kennedy's of Mass" superior acting. He's Joe Kennedy Sr. and has the Boston accent down to a tea [no pun intended]and than for all around cuteness and sexy, so long ago "Long Gone" he's dripping with charm in this one:drool:In all his movies and some real doggies, he's always the best part of the flick:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

ALERT we interrupt this thread to bring you...

Anyone wanting to discuss, post links or pics regarding William's play can do so in The GTV&M forum, that link will take you directly to the thread. Normally we don't separate things out that the actors do but in this case, it is better to discuss it there. Thanks. ;)

We now return you to the topic of this thread...

6. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Happy Holidays everyone![​IMG]

I think he's very happy doing Theatre work. :)
    I'm very happy for him. :)
    ITA, it does feel like he just bailed out? :scream:
    It would have been great had he left on the 200th ep. Don't cha think? That would have been awesome! :thumbsup:
    Oh well......... as long as he's happy with his personal life. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas! :)

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

HI WPRMW :D
    I don't think Billy bailed as much as he wanted to leave CSI for a while. He did do the play a couple of years ago and I think it sparked his interest in theater work again. In a recent interview he also said he's leaving because he has taken Grissom as far as he could.... (whatever that means :rolleyes: )

And last I heard, Billy will still be the executive producer and could be in a few episodes down the line.

Sorry Destiny if this post talks more about Billy than Grissom. I can move it to the appropriate thread if you want. :D

8. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I'm happy for him but the leaving part in the middle of a season is weird to me. Why the middle of a season?
    Honestly, I just wished he had ended CSI last season. :eek: If he knew way ahead of time he was going into Theatre, why continue on the show?
    I guess that's what bugs me about him leaving in the middle of this season. :eek:

Forgive me, I shouldn't judge him until I see the second part. Maybe that will explain why he's leaving in the middle of the season. :)

[​IMG]

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I'm not sure where I read it before, but I thought it was planned that Billy was going to leave at the end of Season 8. The writer's strike prevented them from getting in all the necessary episodes to do that.

10. Destiny

Umm, Hmm, Points at title of thread "William/Grissom", and from page/post one it reads, "This thread is dedicated to William Petersen and Gil Grissom. Please feel free to talk about the Actor/Character." .. Okay then I think we got that settled. :D :p

11. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

12. Desertwind

Thank's Alex that's awesome, he looks so handsome, and not a bad singing voice:thumbsup:thank's for sharing!

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hahaha got me again :lol: That's the second time I've made a mistake on this board. Maybe I need more coffee next time I log in. :shifty:

I was just referring to Billy's leaving and I didn't know if you wanted me to post it in the WP leaving/LF coming thread. :p

14. Destiny

Hey whats the saying, you never learn something new unless you make a mistake to learn it from. HA! Coffee I have two cups before I even get here and two while I am here first thing in the morning. :eek: :p

You can talk about Billy leaving in here, the other thread is more for those who want to discuss the transition from one actor leaving to another coming in, I don't think it gets much use anymore since LF has his own thread now.

15. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

Billy has talked openly about wanting to get back to theatre for at least the last 5 years, but many chalked it up to "whining" and concluded that if CBS offered him enough $$ he would stay. When something came up so often, it surprised me he wasn't taken more seriously. I think CBS bent over backward to work with him on this, even allowing him to take a sabbatical in 2006 to do the play in Providence. It was only a matter of time until he would reunite with Chicago theatre, which was obviously his longtime goal.

If you look back at Grissom in S1 and watch his progression, IMO he really has developed Grissom's character to a point where there are no more surprises. Consider that in live performance, an actor reveals his character within a couple of hours, which truly utilizes Billy's intensity to it's fullest. I think that's what he loves about performing live, along with the instant reaction of an audience.

I'm thankful (and surprised) that we had him for almost 9 seasons and I will miss seeing him every week, but once you see him perform on stage you know that's where he thrives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.