"19 Down..." Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'm really sorry for getting defensive. I realize that it was tacky of me to make the comments about the names and I understand where CSI4LF was coming from.

I had the exact same reaction! I haven't seen much of Heroes, but I definitely thought it was the same guy when I first saw the DJK.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It couldn't be statis because there's a blank between the t and the a. I was thinking maybe stairs or steamy, but that wouldn't have anything to do with the show. :lol:

I couldn't find that emse word. Maybe the one in the puzzle was emre instead. Dictionary.com's definition of EMRE.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CSI still comes out on top after 9 years:thumbsup: and the whole cast was awesome, the serial killer EWWWW, so sickening and Laurence Fishburne so good, he'll be great on here. And on a good employee Archie for sure, but he wasn't in this with Grissom, David was, poor guy. It was just a great episode all the way through! And to be continued so when is this airing?

RATINGS

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

The Part 2 will be back on Jan. 13 and that will be Grissom's last day. I hope he said something to Nicky and Greg.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

He probably won't. Which is sad.

I don't know why the writers would script it that way, but they do. Makes no sense to me.:rolleyes:

I like the character of Grissom, but sometimes I don't like the way he's depicted at times, but the same could be said for all the characters.

But this was a good episode, the serial killer was oh so scarey! I actually had nightmares about him last night.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking feel free to continue the discussion. :)

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Let me try this again. Every time I've come here recently to post about an episode, I always get kicked off :mad: :brickwall:

Anyway, I loved CSI last night. I was very much old school CSI from the first season. No one was in peril, Grissom handed out assignments and the case was creepy and gorey. Just like CSI 'back in the day' :lol:

Grissom's goodbye was hearbreaking. I did tear up some. I loved everyone's expressions, especially Cath's but that's for another thread. ;)

Hodges has such a MANCRUSH on Grissom. His behavior just verified it. Hodges is such a great opposite to Grissom it's fun to watch them interact. Boy his Hodges going to miss his Grissom.

I was tentative about anyone new people joining CSI, but so far Riley has proved to be very good. And LF, well he's going to do just fine. I'm wondering how they are going to make him join CSI. Is Brass going to give him an offer he can't refuse? We'll have to wait.. what... 4 weeks! :eek:

The serial killer was creepy as hell. Yes, like Charles Manson. No remorse, no emotion, nothing. I do think the students as the accomplice is a very interersting twist. Something only CSI can do. That's why I like this show, it starts out going in one direction and turns to another. So the students being the accomplice to DJK wouldn't surprise me.

This is the first time I've ever seen Vartann interact with Brass. Too bad Vartann isn't in the contination episode. I hope we get to see him after Grissom is gone.

Again, excellent episode.

8. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

Great idea! *bursts into tears-AGAIN* Oh, thanks a lot! I HAD to check the post! DAMN! Now I'll never get anything done! So much for my last final!

9. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

Sorry to burst you bubble...and not trying to flame...LOL....just that Charlie Manson is a/was/ and always will be a coward. He never even participated in his murders as far as anyone knows which is why he's not on death row. I guarantee on the day of his execution Manson would wet himself and bawl like a stunned baby. This guy was Ted Bundy all the way. The arrogance, lack of fear, obsession with solidifying his rep, on and on.

Just a bit of trivia....up until his execution on Jan 24th 1989, bundy told authorities of enough murders on his part to surpass any other serial killer convicted. In other words he would only reveal a body when his previous record was apparently broken. Ewwwwwww. I hope the first jolt didn't kill that freak.

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

I live in Canada, and we have our VCR set to tape "CSI" at 8 p.m. (when it's normally broadcast on CTV), then "The Office" at 9 p.m. I had a meeting Thursday night and didn't get home till 10:30 p.m., and then my husband didn't get home from work till late either, so we didn't realize that there was a scheduling change. CTV must've moved "CSI" to 9 p.m., because all I've got on our tape is a "CSI: Miami" episode.

So . . . I found a link to watch it online (can't view it on CBS.com because I live in Canada), but I feel like I missed bits and pieces; somehow, the small screen makes it harder to watch. So I will have to watch it again. But I will say that now that Grissom has made his announcement, it's a little easier to take the thought of Petersen leaving. Still not sure if I'll really feel like watching once he's gone, though. We'll see.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It's sad to hear people say things like that because I'm so exited about Laurence coming on board. I loved 19 Down and that's even with the small amounts of Nick on the screen.

I feel like CSI is worth my time again!

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Actually your trivia was very insightful. I'm glad you posted it. I mentioned Charles Manson becasue someone else brought him up too as being a serial killer. Ted Bundy probably fits the image CSI was trying to portray with the DJK. And Ted Bundy was creepy and very much the sociopath that this guy was too. Good observation!

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ i would say DJK is more like Jeffrey Dahmer than Ted Bundy. I mean Bundy was a pretty high ranked politician, handsome and generally liked by his peers. Nathan Petrelli comes to mind, if we're already relating to Heroes characters (btw, i thought DJK looked totally like Noah Bennett too. i think it's the glasses).

anyway, Dahmer was the ultimate creep and a social outcast who did sick things, just like DJK who cut off woman's breast. Dahmer raped and ate some of his victims (which were young boys btw). they both fantasized about the murders for a long time, though it's probably a characteristic of almost all serial killers.

if anyone is interested, here is a link to A&E Biography: Jeffrey Dahmer. I hope it's ok for me to post it, if not, mods, please tell me and i'll edit this post.

ETA: i just started rewatching the A&E Biography and Jeffrey's childhood awfully reminds me of Grissom's. lol. at least the very beginning.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I know. Wouldn't it be funny if Grissom turned out to be the murderer!:guffaw:

I'm kidding. Yeah I thought that guy reminded me of Dahmer too. I just couldn't remember the name.

Hell of a good actor if he can freak me out like that!

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ hah, yeah. i think it's cuz young Grissom liked to perform autopsies on dead animals for different reasons. it was in a scientific-Leo-da-Vinci, and not i-wanna-have-sex-with-a-dead-cat kind of way.

anyway, Dahmer was quite different from DJK too. especially in the way he behaved in prison. he was just a normal guy, really. it was as if in addition to being ordinary he had those urges to kill that he just couldn't stop even though he tried. he knew it was wrong, his conscience was killing him which is why he had to drink to forget. and still the things that he did with the bodies were probably more gruesome than anything we've ever seen on CSI, or maybe even on TV and movies in general.

Dahmer was assumed to be legally sane, which is why he ended up in prison and not mental hospital. so my question is, where is DJK? b/c in my opinion people like him do not exist, unless they are insane. he could easily plead 'guilty but insane' cuz one look at him and it's obvious this guy probably cannot distinguish between right and wrong (which is the legal requirement for insanity).

if he is in prison, then imo, it's a bit unrealistic. although we have Charles Manson, who sits in jail too, who is similar to DJK especially in one aspect - no remorse. DJK was definitely portrayed as extremely devilish and creepy, Lecter-like. i wonder if a person like that ever existed, tbh. Manson had his ideology for everything he's done, and so far DJK seems like what he is doing is for his own pleasure without any kind of other justification. which brings us back to Dahmer, except Jeffrey felt remorse and knew it was wrong.

so, as far as i know there's never been a killer like DJK who would be considered sane.