"19 Down..." Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

I'm already rewatching, and I must say that Langston is giving a major Alpha-male vibe. The way he handles the interview and Brass too:drool: (yeah, I thought it was pretty hot)

I think that their just using Hodges as filler, once LF is full time they won't have him there as much. The learning asking question part will be LF's.
    I hope, Hodges has his moments. I like him best in small, snarky moments

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I liked Langston's attitude towards Brass. I thought it was so different from anyone else on the show. I thought it was cool too.

3. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

Larry's roll is gonna be similar to Macs in NY I think.....he's gonna be a cross between Mac and House with his obsession about catching the bad guy because he missed the boat when he was a ME out east. He'll be stand offish and seem cold because of his singlemindedness to solve the crime and I guarantee he will clash with Catherine....whom I can't stand BTW...LOL...no offence to you Cathy fans. Love Marge because she plays the consummate bitch so well. Larry'll be a fair but firm boss as I assume he will be given the lead but the others will find him cold. Fishbournes typecast will demand that kind of attitude IMO. Anyone else think Gills gonna go crawling back to Sara? The two of them are already slated to make guest appearances periodically if the show continues for the foreseeable future. It least thats the gossip...LOL. Loved the episode, and looking forward to a fresh start for the show. Gonna miss Willy Pete as he's been a favorite of mine since "Manhunter".

4. hodges_alias_47

hodges_alias_47 Police Officer

Hodges is not a smarmy little jerk. He really does care that Grissom is leaving. He is just standoffish and doesn't to show that he is really hurt that Grissom is leaving. Sooo ... in order to not show his true emotions, he acts like jerk. Some people are like that. They're too hurt, but don't want to be to emotive.

5. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

LOL....absolutly....can't wait for Langston to tune Brass up....another of my not so favorite characters on the show. Heh heh.

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Terrific episode! It's storylines like this that I love...whether it be movies or television or books. That real creepy feel that makes you second guess the one sitting next to you...lol! Totally agreed that this had the classic csi feel and it was nice to see. The way the DJK kinda singled out certain individuals in the lecture room...you could almost feel the eerie tension each and every student was experiencing.

It didn't surprise me after all that it was Hodges that got all "snippy" with Grissom. Like someone mentioned, the news of his boss, the one person he truely looked up to, leaving must have been a real blow to him. He'll get over it though...

I loved Langston. I said in the other thread that LF was going to bring his game face and be ready to play. He's got that no nonsense sort of attitude so it'll definitely be interesting to see this character and how he fits in with the rest of the team...or if he does.

So does this mean that Catherine will be taking Grissom's office over?

7. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

It would be nice if Cath finally got the absurdly huge office, she's been asking for her own since season1.

NO Wait. The two students who got drinks after will be the next Dick and Jane.
    I think. because that was such a random few lines. Are the credits for the next ep. posted yet? (runs to find if those two are in the next ep)

It's not posted yet,:(

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Greg to Riley: I promise not to abuse my power over you.
    Nick: Watch your back, Riley. :lol:

Loved Greg's little smirky smile hehe.

Loved Nick saying if they go to the diner, Greg would pay and then Greg's little "yeah right" noise. :lol:

Gris: I've been thinking... I mean, more than usual.

Hodges isn't happy that Grissom's leaving. He seems quite upset.

Gil to Doc: You'll have someone new to tell all of your old jokes to.
    Doc: I like the old guy just fine.

Doc: I am never going to retire. :lol:

Okay, so the "have a nice life" thing wasn't Doc. My other guess was Hodges. And with the way he seemed to take Grissom's leaving when Cath's dashed his hopes of it just being a leave of absence, it seems likely that it'll be him to say those words. He was upset to the point of distraction and I've not seen Hodges that distracted before.

I guess it was Hodges. I thought it was funny when he walked up to Wendy and Grissom and only addressed Wendy. He's really really upset over Grissom leaving. I just wonder if he's more upset over that or over the fact that Grissom didn't tell him before hand and that he had to find it out through "office gossip".

Loved Wendy telling Grissom thanks for all the encouraging he gave her and him saying she earned it.

Cath to Gil: I knew before you knew. In other words, she knows him better than he knows himself. :lol: Loved her story about Lindsey's jeans. :lol:

Vartann! Always nice to see him.

Brass: We'll go out on the boat.
    Gil: You have a boat?
    Brass: No. :lol:

Grissom saying he teaches sociology. Did that seem kind of funny/ironic to anyone else? :lolo:

SuperDave tearing up when Grissom said he's gonna miss him. Awww.

DJK blew Grissom's cover. :lol:

---

I too got the feeling that the two students would be the next victims. After all the next episode is titled "one to go".

9. Dizzney

Yeah I loved the looks between Greg and Nick too. :D

I think you have a point about Hodges. Maybe he was partially upset he heard it via office gossip and not told directly.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Or maybe one of the students IS the accomplice?:eek:

11. Dizzney

You know, I had that feeling that maybe one was. I guess we will have to wait a month to find out. :scream:

12. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

It just hit me- "19 Down" and the crossword puzzle (I started squealing "misanthrope" in my "Grissom's leaving" hysteria) and it's missing word that upset him so much- he got that funny look and threw it away without finishing it. WHAT DID IT SAY??? I think something across was "friend"- minus the "f" but I didn't take notice of the numbers- it was too fast! ARGH!

I thought the next one, "One to Go," was going to be on week after next?

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I thought at first the boy was an accomplice then I wondered if they'd be the next vics.

I don't know about the puzzle cause I was looking at the word that was EM_E.

14. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

That seems likely. I have a feeling it's the blond haired kid who asked about controlling the victims. I base this only on the fact that he had like one line in this episode, yet he was still played by a recognizable actor.

15. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

Did anyone else notice the guy at the seminar- (*takes a moment to snivel over indirect GSR reference*) they panned to him a few times, I don't remember him asking a question- I may have been a bit distracted by attempting to communicate with my tv- that was the same guy, at least I thought he was, that played Aaron Pratt in Caged (Season 2) I looked it up, cause it was bugging me, and I can't find him credited. Here's pics from Caged- someone put my mind at ease, please! P.S.- he also looks a little like "Todd" from "Wedding Crashers"

http://csi.wetpaint.com/page/Caged+Screencaps?t=anon