"19 Down..." Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What I want to know is, why not have part 2 next week? The other CSIs are having new episodes. Why wait with this one? I also wonder why it wasn't said "part one of two" anywhere, although it makes sense.

2. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Whoever played the serial killer was perfectly cast. I mean he gave me chills up my spine everytime he spoke. I already know I am going to love Laurence in this role.

3. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

I was sooo proud of myself for remembering that S&M murder from weeks ago:rolleyes: called it when the mentioned the numbers of stab wounds.:p
    I would totally put money that the student who offered the freaked out girl is the accomplice.
    Good thing we got all this interaction between Grissom and the main characters, like Hodges and Super Dave.:vulcan: while Nick and Greg are ignored:mad:
    I don't hate Langston. I guess he's alright. Small doses please, very small.
    When's the next new episode?

ETA: Did the music at the end sound werid to anyone else? Like it was supposed to be all suspenseful but it was just sounded off?

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I thought it was awesome! Classic CSI, right down to the handing out assignment scene. Creepy case...kept me interested, although I may have to watch again just to get all those bodies/partners/killers straight. :lol:

I sure hope everyone else gets their "Grissom moment" in part 2. How great was it to see Super Dave's reaction to Grissom saying he'll miss him? :)

I loved Catherine telling Hodges...oh what was it? Something that made it sound like he was acting like Grissom was dying instead of leaving. I'll have to find that too when I watch again. :lol:

5. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

I think we will see Nick/Grissom and Greg/Grissom scenes in the second part of the episode.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Perhaps we will get little goodbye scenes with Nick and Greg in the next episode.

It did say to be continued at the end.

The other CSI's had repeats last week when LV did not. The continuation of this ep is Jan. 15th I think.

7. andsoareyou

andsoareyou Dead on Arrival

Loved it. Totally agree: classic CSI. I also loved everyone's goodbye or thank you scenes with Grissom: Hodges, Superdave, and Wendy. I think (I hope), Crankypants, that we'll see the main cast saying goodbye in part 2. They're probably saving that for the very end. Sigh...so sad. I did love LF, though....I've been a big fan for a long time now.

8. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

Does anyone know what the missing word was in the crossword puzzle at the first.
    I think the first word is solution,
    The second word could be Trends, maybe?
    I'm not sure about the next to words but it ends with a word like help, held, hell or something.
    ST_A_ _?

I'm not sure.
    Well I thought that was a wonderful episode. I'm going to miss Grissom so much. I really like Langston and his best friend serial killer background though. I'm just not sure how much longer I will be watching the show. So far it looks good, but over time I think I'm going to miss Grissom to much. But we'll see, CSI has such a good cast.

As for all the goodbyes, I thought they all fitted each character very well. David's goodbye was my favorite. So touching.

And I really love how Grissom dosn't know how to react to all of this attention. I don't think he realised how much the team cared about him and how big of an impact this is having on everyone. I can't wait and yet am dreading January 15.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Wow, Smokey you're more positive than I am.

Lets see, if I'm not mistaken, everyone has had their moment with Grissom, except Nick and Greg (?). I'm not holding my breath that there will be any scene with Nick and Grissom. I'm telling ya, I don't think its going to happen.

I thought it was a good episode. Smokey, you're right, I'm going to have to watch it again too, just to get everyone straight.

I don't know if there will be any more of those scenes with Grissom, but I could be wrong.

In any case, for those that want to know, Part 2 airs January 15th. Yup, January 15th. I'm really getting tired of them making the LV fans wait for episodes and the other 2 CSI shows don't make their's wait. :scream:

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I feel like I was robbed. Unless we see Grissom tell Greg and Nick each individually good-bye like he did with Super Dave, Doc, Catherine, and even Wendy, I'll feel gypped. I hope he'll do so in the concluding episode. Otherwise, the episode would be good.

I guess they'll stick Hodges anywhere in order to give him some scenes. He's not only out in the field now...away from the lab...where he supposedly works, he's now in the autopsy room helping out. What a jack-of-all-trades he is, except I doubt it happens with real life lab techs. He's such a smarmy little jerk. Now that Grissom has announced his departure, Hodges doesn't have to bother brown-nosing him anymore, and has revealed his true nature. At least that's how I see it.

11. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

come on jeez, there will be farewell scenes with Nick and Greg.

But, I agree that this was classic CSI. With the other 2 CSI's not having good episodes this week, its great to see the original go back to its roots and deliver.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, I had to just try to watch it without thinking about that. It made it better. Low expectations mean you aren't as disappointed. :) I am sure there will be some sort of goodbye for the rest of them.

The case was just really good and reminiscent of the Blue Paint Killer and Paul Millander.

Whoa. I would say Hodges tended to suck up a bit, but I really think it's not just because he was the boss but because he craved his approval and acceptance. I loved it when Grissom complimented him for figuring out the bleach connection in the MSK cases, and also when he sat down and played the Lab Rats game with him. Hodges is just upset that the guy he admires and respects is leaving, and he feels like he never really got to make the connection with him that he wanted to make. Just my thoughts on it.

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Well, I kind of enjoyed the episode. I thought it had the feel of the good old CSI days.
    While I liked the creepiness of the class with the serial killer, I think it made the episode go into super-slow pace. Everything up to this point had been at a fairly rapid pace, then *boom* (switch the turntable from 78 rpm to 33 rpm).

I loved the little Gil/Cath moments - especially the story about Lindsey's jeans. G: "still beats a tattoo" C: "oh don't even go there". LOL

Gil's personal moments/conversations with Doc, Cath, Brass, Wendy & David were all so sweet.

I noticed the way that Catherine seemed to immediately take charge of things after Gil's opening announcement. When Greg comes in and thinks he's found a link, he realizes otherwise - "I've clearly missed something." Cath says "I'll catch you up."

Laurence Fishburne's Ray Langston has intrigued me already. I'm trying to visualize just how he's going to fit in as a CSI.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well, I was hoping for Nick and Grissom goodbye but of course, that's just too much to ask. So yeah, Smokey, you're pretty optimistic. I have no faith in the writers when it comes to the Nick character because they just rather not write anything decent for him.

Having said that. I loved this episode. It was really good. One of the best all seasons since For Warrick!

The serial killer was so creepy, I got chillls. Whoever played him was awesome! He stole the show.

Fishbourne--oh I can't wait till he comes aboard. He was great. He and the serial killer were the stars tonight.

Nick, of course, was going after him with his gun. That man has a Freudian thing going on with his gun. Maybe Langston can figure that out.;)

We should have a Nick/Gun ship thread here!

Hodges was very funny. I expected that angry reaction from him. Poor guy. His BFF is leaving him.:lol: Oh Hodges, you needs a hug!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well Grissom has not left yet, so I really think in Part 2 we will get more decent goodbyes from the main cast for him. I did not expect everyone to say goodbye in this one since he was still working a case.