Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

You are totally right, I forgot about that episode, too! So we at least know she still had contact with her mom when she got her driver's license. Good catch!:)

It would be great to find out if she has siblings, it's just that I think the choice of Pam Veasey to talk about relatives is a bit of a strange one. When either her parents, her sibling(s) or both show up I would've said family and not relatives :confused:

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

One of my favourite topics at the moment seems to be Lindsay's family. :lol: So Lindsay possibly is closer to her father than to her mother. But at least her mother has been mentioned once in Sweet Sixteen. We don't know if she has any siblings, but she has an Uncle who lives in New York.

Now I wonder- do her parents live on a farm? The scene with the leather thing (I don't remember what it's called in English) from Stealing Home made me think that, but of course I could be wrong with that.

If they have a farm, I wonder if maybe her parents wanted Lindsay to work there as well? It would be interesting to know how they reacted to the fact that her daughter became a CSI (possibly because what happened to her friends?) and then even moved to New York.

The more I'm thinking about this topic, the more I get interested in it. :lol: Especially because now Lindsay is going to be a parent herself.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm curious about Lindsay's mom, too...I think it could be interesting if there was some conflict there. I think it could explain more about Lindsay's character, if maybe her ambition came from trying to please her mother and always feeling like she fell short? I hope her issue with mothers runs deeper than the stuff with her dark secret, because I think it could be interesting for the character. I am glad it doesn't seem to be daddy issues that Lindsay has, though.

4. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I agree, it could definitely give Lindsay more depth as a character if the angle with her mother is explored. She hasn't really had much development outside her relationship with Danny and now the baby (which is still tied to Danny in a way), except for the deep dark secret, and I think if she had this development it would go a long way in developing her as a character for a lot of people, who now just view her as a love interest for Danny.

5. dutch_treat

The fact that Lindsay is about to become a mother herself would seem like the perfect opportunity to delve into the relationship she has with her own mother. The fact why she is/was bad in dealing with mothers (and not fathers) was never truly answered and there could definitely be more to it than just the very questionable link they made to the secret she was keeping.

Perhaps after the shooting of her friends Lindsay's mom became over-protective, started to smother her, question her choice of carreer, etc. which ultimately drove Lindsay to NY.

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

That's an interesting conclusion Santa_Baby. You could be right.

7. dutch_treat

^ Well it is merely speculation, but it will be interesting to see how some one who has/had trouble dealing with mothers is going to handle being one herself.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That would definitely be a mother's natural instinct after what happened to Lindsay's friends, especially given the fact that Lindsay was in the restaurant at the time and it was more or less simple luck that she didn't share their fates. I could definitely see that as a possibility.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That's an interesting idea. It makes sense. And like you said, the fact that Lindsay is going to be a mother herself soon is great to show us more about this topic. What I'm also interested about is- how will Lindsay be as a mother? Will she also be overprotective? And if her mother acted this way, will she understand her better then? And possibly get closer to her again?

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ with the way things are going right now it looks like Danny is going to be the overprotective one!! i loved his questioning last night it was such a cute concern. Lindsay was just standing there looking at him like he was crazy haha.

i'm so happy that Lindsay said no to the proposal. as she basically said at the end they have a lot to work out. i liked it when she said "wouldn't you rather walk down the isle than be pushed?". Danny needs to wait when everything starts to settle in and they get used to the idea of being parents. i say wait till after they have Baby Boom but i doubt that will happen.

i can't wait to see Lindsay family and her mother. i'm thinking "oh the drama!" but at the same time i can see a lot of character development for Lindsay with this.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I also think Danny will be overprotective. I think Lindsay will be as well though. I'm interested in seeing them as parents.

I liked how Lindsay explained her reasons for saying 'no'. It made sense. I also loved her talk to Stella and how Stella reacted to it. Now Mac and Stella know about the baby, I wonder if the others know about it as well.

I think meeting Lindsay's family will be some good kind of drama. It'll be interesting and we'll get the opportunity to learn more about her character. I can't wait!

12. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I think Lindsey being pregnant has made Danny realise just how much he loves and cares for her. I also think the she and Danny will make great parents and seeing Danny being protective of Lindsey is really sweet.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree.

This little moment from last episode was nice! I like that Lindsay talks about her pregnancy so open now. It's also nice they're not hiding it anymore. I think what happened in 510 was a great relief for her. Talking about their feelings with Danny again and telling Mac about what is going on was good for both of them I think. I'm looking forward to more sweet moments like the scenes from 511.

14. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I just wanna know what they are gonna name it! :lol:

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ not sure if i posted my theory here.....

i have come to the observation that on a tv show if a couple is having a baby if they mention only lets say a girls name then the baby usually winds up being girl and vice versa. so listen closely if D/L talk about baby names and if they only talk about it for one gender.

just my theory.

i love the way Danny has been so protective and there for Lindsay. i think Danny's actions have been reassuring Lindsay about the baby and that he really does love her. i have a feeling this will be a good year for Lindsay with the character development besides the whole Baby Boom thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.