Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

I agree, Billy and Marg have such a special and beautifully rare friendship. The way they are so at ease with each other. Just like Gil and Cath, so calm, cool and collected with one another, such a special and rare friendship I'll say again :lol: :)

Remember in Too Tough To Die when Eddie throws Cath against a wall and Gil comes to her defence? That was such a wonderful PureJoy moment. Eddie says "I always knew you two had a thing." Wonder if they did have something in the past? Would be interesting to find out.

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I SO remember that episode and it was awesome....Gil is never more sexy than when he's protecting Catherine against some foul, evil, sleazy man or bullets/explosions like in Grissom vs. the Volcano .And I love how you said "beautiful rare friendship" that is so true!! The unique openness that Gil shares with Cath is rare; he doesn't open up to just anyone, and he doesn't express his feelings to/for everyone TO everyone (obviously Warrick was important to him but he never, not like Catherine, said that to him), but for Catherine he does. But great way of putting it ;) :thumbsup:

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Whether they did or didn't is still a mystery, but watching the way they are with each other, it's really hard to believe something, somewhere didn't happen over the years. I mean, two fairly attractive people like them, running around Vegas circa 80s....what else could happen?;)
    So true, just think about it, he's told her and only her about very personal things that he hasn't told anyone else. His hearing, what really happened to his father, why he really came to Vegas, things like that. Again, it's just one of those things that says a lot about how strong their bond really is.

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hmm, that would be an interesting story to tackle. I don't think anyone even knows how those two met. Who knows what could have happened all those years ago? I would have loved to see how their friendship developed and I'm sure there's a lot to find out about. Think there'll be an episode where Gil and Cath reminisce about their escapades and adventures back in the day?

5. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

Speaking of how gil and catherine first met, does it ever say when they met? I know a lot of people say they have kbown each other for 20 years, but has that ever been said on the show?
    Anyways... I think the whole openess with cath is another reason why sara and gil never made since to me. It has almost never shown him having one of these conversations with sara. And cath never forces Gil to open up to her, he does it willingly. I really hope he stays in vegas even if he leaves CSI

6. MissMurder

Why thank you dear, I have always believed that Gil and Cath have such a special, rare friendship together. I mean a 20+ year relationship? (which a friendship technically is ;)). Nowadays you don't really hear of people having that strong a bond, which is sad.

Again so true. Cath is the only one Gil opens up to and seems to talk everything out with. I mean sure we don't know if he has done that with anyone else, but with Cath it just seems so natural. He isn't forced to talk to her, but he does anyway. He always chose her to be his "emotional rock" so to speak.

I agree, that's why I brought it up :) :thumbsup: I have always thought something happened between them. What a wonderful episode that would be, just to see a hint of what they were like when they were younger. Did they hate each other at first then grow on one another? Or did they have this powerful relationship from the start?

7. Me_n_Marg

Me_n_Marg Hit and Run

Dear EEK!

In the "Grissom versus the Volcano: episode it was made clear that they knew each other in junior high or high school when his black fire ants beat out her volcano for first place in the Science Fair.

He said, "I learned early on that the bugs always win."

WP is 55, Marg just turned 50 and their characters are of a similiar age and they met when the were both under 20, so it is more like 30 years for them or 20+.

All for now,

MnM

8. MissMurder

I don't think they knew each other in high school, I think they were in similar circumstances though.

Catherine lived in Vegas, while Gil was in California. Gil, according to his biography, didn't come to Vegas until he was 30, not sure if that has changed. :confused:

I think they met soon after that, Gil was the one that Jimmy Tadero recommended Catherine to. I think Gil taught her and hired her as a lab tech after she quit stripping.

9. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I don't think they did. I think it was just a figure of speech from Catherine. Like she entered a science comp when she was in high school or whatever, and some random guy (not Grissom) beat her to no1 spot with some bug thang.

I'd like them to talk about how they met and how long they've known each other in their last scene but that's just me dreaming.

I like to think they met in her strip joint. Like some guys dragged Grissom to her place after work and someone told him she was studying Forensics and it went from there. I also like to think she was half nekkid when they first talked *whistles*

10. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I think it seems logical that they probably met during her dancing days, like ams said. Gil probably just went along with some friends to keep them from hassling him about it. They probably glanced at each other from a distance and, knowing Cath, she just walked over and they struck up a conversation. Next thing they knew, they had something special going on. If she was half naked, can't you just see Gil trying to keep his cool and failing miserably? You know she had fun with that.:lol:

11. MissMurder

Yeah I always thought they had met each other in Cath's dancing days, when Gil was a newbie from California. Maybe he was getting a tour of the city and some guys dragged him into the strip club to see Cath perform :lol:

I could so see Gil trying to keep his cool and failing. Imagine if Cath gave him a dance...privately? :devil: *wolf whistles* Imagine the look on Gil's face!!!

Oh and also, anyone heard of the CSI companion book? I have it and when I was reading it I found a statement from Marg about Gil and Cath. It goes as follows:

"Obviously they've known each other for a very long time." Marg Helgenberger reflects. "I don't know if she ever had a crush on him, but she's always had an enormous amount of respect for the guy."

Leaves room for more speculation huh??? :drool: :adore: :devil:

12. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

MissMurder, that is an epic quote from Marg. HAHA. Oh man, the possibilities excite me !!! hahahaha. I'd love to get an episode with a back story. Maybe one where Grissom comes back? That would be just....phenomenal. =)

Can't wait for this week. Wonder what's going to happen with our favourite couple. :D

13. MissMurder

I know, such an epic statement. If only we were allowed some insight into their past, their "back story" as you put it GraveyardIntern that would be so fantastic.

Speculation about their past can give rise to so many situations and possibilities. How does everyone else think they met? How their friendship began???

I'm looking forward to this week's episode too, though it may be a bit of a tear jerker. Cath looked so upset :(

14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*snickers* I wish we could have seen that! We definitely need to get a picture of the look on Gil's face... methinks he did more than blush. And who knows what could have happened afterwards. Talk about an epic introduction! No one but Cath has that effect on Gil...

15. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

HILARIOUSNESS!!!

That would be so amazing, would it not, to have Gil see Cath doin' her strip thing before she became a CSI? *squuuueeeeee* I'm so dirty, I know, but OMG how insanely just amazing would that be!?!?

SO yet another PureJoy moment I love: whatever episode(I have episode amnesia today) it was when Gil is walking down the hall and Cath kinda comes alongside and tries to get him to take time off to go pursue Sara...RIGHT after she says "go after her" she has that look in her eyes...a look that to ME says "You think you want her, but in reality you know, in the depths of your fantastic brain, in the depths of your heart, that you want ME." Um...wow. :drool:

PUREJOY forever :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.