Episode 7x10 - 'The DeLuca Motel' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well it's been a while I haven't been watching LV so I forgot it :p

I'm just curious to see how Calleigh will investigate on this scene :lol:

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

That epi where Tripp lifts her is Going Under and that was funny alost cause whe he was putting her down her thong showed. Yeah, I've watched it 15 times so I eventually noticed. LOL!

Thanks cause I couldn't understand a word his mother was saying.

Another funny part of that promo was Calleigh crawling in the vent!

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well the whole Calleigh's part with those rooms cracks me up :lol:.
    The vent scene was just fanatastic, thank god EP passed in that vent even if you can see it was difficult to crawl in it because of the measures:lol:

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Thanks for the promo, it was much better than the one they showed last Monday. I love H's face when Eric says "I'm fine." Don't lie to Horatio, Eric! Remember what happened to Ryan :lol:.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think the question is: what does H say to Eric that makes Eric say he is fine?

Does H think he is hiding something like Ryan was? or is H asking him if he is ok b/c of the shooting?

I mean who knows it could be something sooo innoculous...the promos are all so damn misleading!

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know I was thinking about the promo, again & I saw a bottle of something (it looked like Jack Daniels or something like this) on Eric's table in his room. Surely, a bottle like that one is not normal in Eric's (a CSI) room at 8.00 a.m. :p
    Maybe because of the shooting Horatio found out that bottle in his room (together with the pills) & he could ask him if he's ok because of this.
    IDK, that's the impression I got rewatching the promo.

7. delkolover

Jack Daniels bottles are square and that bottle is the shape of a beer bottle. In fact, I think it is one. It could also be a liquor bottle. I mean he is living in a flee bag motel with no room to put anything. We saw in "Power Trip" that there were empty food boxes and all of his stuff strewn everywhere. It's not like he has alot of room to put it away...so he left it on the table. He is an adult so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a bottle of alcohol in his room so that he might have a night cap.

I don't think he was drinking it at 8am in the morning.

I highly doubt they are going to turn Eric into an alcoholic. And NOW of all times. If the guy was going to hit the bottle....he would hit it a long time ago!!

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks for the explanation on Jack Daniels;) (as you can see I'm not an expert:p)
    Well still I think it's liquor, at least.
    Maybe he didn't drink it at 8 a.m. but I still find pretty odd. I mean he's a CSI who lives in a motel. Spoilers told he suspected someone was going to kill him & also examined his car with his kit. Now, if he were that suspicious, he wouldn't leave that bottle like this on the table even if it was from the night before, though I higly doubt it's because of an hung over.

Plus I find it perfectly normal for him to drink alcohol & use drugs/pills after his head injury. You can't get over that kind of injury without problems & every now and then they show it to us.
    They showed that mess in his room for a reason & I think it has something to do with his GSW, it wasn't just about the fact he lives in a Motel, IMHO.
    Though, I agree they should have done it before with Speed's & Marisol's deaths.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It looks like a bottle of Dewars (scotch) to me. While I think it's perfectly normal for an adult to have a night cap every now & again, I do think it's an odd mix combined with all those prescription pills. That kind of combination can be dangerous.
    Sure if he was going to become an alcoholic he could have done it earlier, but it wouldn't be uncommon for him to hit it now with him "investigating" his parentage.

I don't really think it's there to make him look like an alckie, if anything, it's a prop to make Horatio question Eric's condition. Which I have to say by the look on H's face, I don't think he was buying that Eric was "fine" either. The whole thing is a little telling though.

10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I'm sure H just see that Eric worry about something (his parents) that's why asking, it's not about alkogol, they so close (after Marisol dying).

11. delkolover

I personally think it is just a prop to make the bullet travel look cool. Nothing else. I mean you are not supposed to mix perscription drugs and alcohol but that DOESN'T mean you still can't have a drink or get drunk (personal experience speaking here). Usually the only thing that happens is you get drowsy....it usually says it right on the bottle, "May Cause Drowsiness. Alcohol may intensift this effect." Should you get soooo drunk that you get alcohol poisoning, no. Then you would be in trouble. But to have a few drinks in a night wouldn't kill ya.

Also, if he was sooo concerned about his safety that he is hiding out in a motel and checking his car for explosives....I don't think he would spend his nights getting drunk. Having a drink to unwind after a long tough day, sure.

As for H being concerned, I think he is concerned that Eric didn't come to him with the situation first. The fact that he tried to hide it and then had an attempt on his life is probably what concerns H the most. He is probably just wondering, like us, what the hell is going on with him.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  12. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Waiting to find out exactly when Eric found out that his dad wasn't his dad. My brother in law found out when he was 41 and his father died. The new wife "accidentally" let it slip. (long story here)

Wondering because my B-I-L went through a bit of an identity crisis when he found out. I can't wait to see how Eric handles the fact that his biological dad isn't his dad.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Oh yay! I am back in town and I finally got to watch the promo.:) I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode. It looks promising.

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

The Eric turning alcoholic would be too much. I respect him for having gone through so much, now this parentage thing is a bid deal, but I'm hoping tptb would allow him to go through it without having to turn to booze.

An occasional nightcap sure, but not outright alcoholic. It's like belittleing to Eric's character.

Besides H, alot of crap has been thrown at him, Speed, Marisol, getting shot in the head etc.... I really hope the guy gets a break from now on.

Anyway I guess we'll know more after the episode.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I'm not saying they're gonna turn him in an alcoholic:p

All I'm saying is that the combination of pills & scotch isn't the best one for a person who's supposed to protect civilians being a CSI (part of the law system) & I don't think it's just a case we saw that bottle & the pills (one episode ago) on his table.