CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

nice! is this going to be the last ep for 2008?

angell better be here! lol. interesting that ella will be back, and really cool that louis lombardi is guesting! loved him in 24. idk why tptb killed him off. :|

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks Fay :)

a Greek name. But i wonder if this episode was modified thinking about the Season Finale and Stella storyline (wasn't going to be this one when she was going to hide things from Mac?)

Anyway I LIKE IT! :D

Debbie :D

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yes, this is the one where she was hiding something from Mac - I'll be interested to see what happens.

Probably.

LOL, I know! :p

Yep, the SecretU website from "Dead Inside" is back in this one.

4. privatename

privatename Rookie

:lol::guffaw:

That is just too horrible a thought to contemplate.

5. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Oh, no! Not Mac! I thought he knew better than to get involved with co-workers?!

I will be very upset if Danny questions the paternity of the baby for any reason, and we find out the father is really Mac. I may stop watching the show because of that....it can't be Mac.

BTW, PA, the title under your name says it all! You sure are the resident SA!

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I would have posted sooner, but my boot made contact with my monitor. I just happened to be wearing it at the time.

So many things to catch up on here.

What another perky little article there. So cheerful. Initial responses?

- Oh hallefreakinleujah, they've discovered the island they've been living on is Manhattan! Silly F:censored:ers. :p

- Oh predictable projectile DL barfage. I luvs ya finally come to light, and a ring? Way to be edgy and soooo twenty-first century. Pregnant? Do da right thing. Buy a ring.

Christ but I can only laugh at teh clips Veasey shovels. As for making the ride "sexy, dangerous, fun, adventurous, and with a grounded believable motive?" I think I'm not understanding the same meaning of those words as she seems to use them for. Art is subjective, sure. But spin is spin. And Crap is crap. Cementing DL thru adopting a RL pregnancy into a fictional relationship and then doing it up oh so conventionally with a ring anhd foregoing even that potential for independent character development is royally rank.

- Yay Stella. Yay Hawkes. Some redeeming elements to the season's course outside DL.

But DL. Crap. Crap crap crap. Crappage. Crappisto. Crapperama. DramaLlamadingdong.

~

L: Danny, I'm pregnant *passes over ultrasound*

D: Is that mine?

L: No. It's Sid's. I've been trying to find a way to tell you...

D: Wait, Lindsay, no!

L: I'm sorry Danny. I love you, but -

D: I don't believe you. It's mine. It has to be. If it weren't for you it would be Rikki's instead. How can all this be so wasted?

L: I know. I'd say it's my fault. But nothing's ever my fault.

D: I know. It's mine. It's all mine. But I'm the utility guy. It's what I do. Who else are they gonna dump this kind of complicated stuff on? So I musta screwed up again. But screwing up is fun.

L: It can be, with tequila. Okay the baby's yours. But Sid understands. I was just so tired of trying to hide it. I was, like, gosh, this is hard. Being pregnant, and having to stand behind furniture all the time. Sid didn't care. He sees the Montana behind the furniture. He's got that virtual scanning doohickey thing.

D: Marry me, Lindsay. We'll figure out a way to make this right. The writers are trying so hard to fix this.

L: No. I luvs u, but no. Not yet. I know you. I know you'll come crawling back.

D: But I luvs u too.

L: No. Not yet. I expect nothing from you. Besides crawling back.

D: Are you even hearing me?

L: No. Not yet.

D: *sighs* But we have an Uber Special Deep Connection, called TPTB. Or maybe TB. I hear TB's curable. What about TPTB?

D: *grumbles exasperatedly* But we have a Special Unique Bond. Called Suspension of Disbelief.

L: No. That's mine. I think in pretend. No one else needs that. Back off from my - whatever it is you just said. I can do this alone. I'm from Montana. I don't need anyone to hold me up. I've got furniture.

D: Lindsay, please. Aren't we being Open and Honest and Caring in how we handle this? It's the twenty first century. How can anyone raise a child alone? It's just not done. Is it? I mean, what *will* the other shows think? We wouldn't want to alienate any viewers now. So. Accept my ring?

D: Would it help if I put it thru my nose? Or somewhere else even?

D: But, but what about the ratings? What'll happen to them?

L: Trust me, they'll spike. They may crash after, but everyone will tune in. We're like a train wreck, absolutely grotesquely fasscinating. Even one night is worth it. Was for us, wasn't it?

D: I'm still trying to figure that out. Back to my question. I want us to be together. Work it out. Whaddaya say?

L: No. You're inconsiderate. You forgot my birthday. You know I wanted another fishing pole.

D: I what? I forgot? I know what your father gave you when you were a kid. I forget stuff? You left out evidence. Bolted from crime scenes. And, I think you stole my glasses. I want them back you know.

L: I gave them to Horatio. I'm looking for a solid, stand up guy with absolute Integrity to be my BabyDaddee. We've also been seeing each other for nearly two years now. We share similar tastes in acting and fromage. We have so much in common. Not like you and me. I want the father of my child to be... to be... tall.

D: WTF? You're nuts. Come back to me Lindsay. Stop running away. How long do I hafta chase you? I said I'll be there for you. I finally said I luv u. I even said that we ...we... er, um, that we're a Good Thing. Yeah. A Good Thing. That's what we are. I just asked you to marry me. I gave up my glasses, trying to find some new life for me, for us. I even rode emocycle and spilled my guts to complete strangers. What are you on? As a matter of fact, what the hell am I on? Hm. Mebbe I should think about this. I mean, maybe we're not such a Good Thing.

L: Yes, Danny, oh yes, I'll marry you! I love you with all my heart, and the whole state of Montana. It'll be a shotgun wedding like you've never seen before! It'll be fantabulous! We'll invite all the other franchises, everyone will be there!

D: Whoa. Wait a sec. I said I think -

L: First CSI baby! That's us! *claps excitedly* And the first CSI marriage! With flowers! And fishing poles!

D: - that I really need to think about this now -

L: And bowie knives. And - ...

Flack: Don't do it Danno! Don't leave me. Who will I swing with? I mean, sit on swings with?

Stella: Will there be stairs? I don't like stairs.

Mac: Will there be anyone to yell at? If so, I'm there. Hell, I'll give ya both away! Glad to. And didn't I tell ya, way back in S1? Danny? Eh eh eh? Ha. Pay up, Hawkes, I win the bet.

Sheldon: Yeah yeah yeah. Don't rub it in. I can't believe I've lost screen time for this. I mean, does anyone even know where I'm from?

Adam: Do you think glasses make good wedding gifts? And do you think I could DJ the reception?

Sid: You're really gonna say yes, Lindsay? What about us? You saying you prefer furniture now? I guess it was always about the pool table for you, wasn't it. But hey. No hard feelings. I'll even cater the wedding for you. I was a chef, ya know.

Sheldon: Ya know, there was a time I wanted to be a sculptor.

Mac: I know, Sheldon. There was a time I wanted to go to the moon. Never made it though. Bastards.

Aiden: Timing is everything, kids. Good luck. I'm so outta here. Suckas.

Pull their heads out of somewhere. Somewhere 'more organic' perhaps.

Candlelit vigil for S1. Not holding my breath for anything except while having to sit thru, shall we say, aromatic, DL scenes. I'll see how long that proves a worthy endeavour. Have always said DL's having more of an impact on the show than it should ever have been permitted to. I'm not surprised by how they er, propose to handle all this. Just wish they'd give us a little more credit than to try and shovel it all off as a fantastic development full of fantastic opportunities. I can't swallow that anymore, and while I understand they hafta support and promote the show, that kind of stuff does little to generate any credibility, especially in light of what we've had to sit thru onscreen. S5.01-.08 were so promising. And now this? Ack. Hope the writers have time to adapt further scripts to a higher standard.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTF does it tell you when a platform that promotes television shows comes out with that?

Can only hope, but I very much doubt TPTB will be able to resist dragging this whole thing out. Mebbe they'll have the wedding in the offseason so we won't hafta go there. Do a la Princess Bride, with Peter Cook. "Mahwidge. Wuv, twu wuv, iz da weason, we ah gathawwwwwed, heya togedduuuuh, today." That I might be able to stomach.

Man. I know everyone needs a nemesis, but hell. I just hate crappy persecution based stuff as much as I detest crappily written frivolous hook ups that do nothing to serve the characters. Wary and waiting to see.

Cute, and funny. I think using the soundclips is what made it so good. :lol: :p Thanks for sharing the link.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

So. Much. F***ing. Win.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

You nailed it, Elwood!

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:guffaw:You win the entire world, complete with a pair of replica H Shades of Justice.

9. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Looks like some one's got the forums mixed up... I believe this should go here, but then I guess it's okay to post these kinds of very extended scenarios (and keep quoting them) when admins and/or mods agree with its contents :confused: :(

10. PerfectAnomaly

If you're going to accuse the mods/admins and other posters of bias why don't you just say it instead of playing the passive aggressive card? :confused: ;)

back on topic . . .

I'm really interested to see how the Greek story line plays out with Stella hiding things from Mac and it appearing like Danny is helping her. I wonder if it will have ramifications on Mac and Stella's relationship and if she and Danny will have any professional effects from anything that happens.

11. dutch_treat

^ Other posters are just opinionated, I think it's up to the mods to keep these kinds of scenarios (even when they think it's hilarious) limited. I have a very strong feeling that such a post pro-D/L would have gotten a very different reaction (although it's too late to proof that now). So yes it is biased to keep it up there and not say anything about it other than what is said. :(

And I'm back on topic, too. :)

It would be understandable that Mac is gonna be disappointed that she A. didn't tell him about everything that has happened and B. went out on her own with Danny's help to try and solve it.

When they use stuff from the lab and start checking out things during work time, I cannot imagine that they will get away with it, but then the issue with Danny missing and Danny and his gun come to mind and I'm not so sure anymore.:rolleyes:

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A one-time satire of the show--the entire show, not just D/L (as in Danny's glasses, Hawkes' lack of screentime, etc.)--is okay once in a while. If someone makes a habit of it, no, but Elwood certainly doesn't. If you've got a problem with the moderation of the forum, in the future I'd appreciate a PM as opposed to a thread-derailing. Thanks.

Back on topic now...

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I expect Mac might be a bit peeved that Stella is keeping something from him - but I'm sure once he knows the details, he'll be on board. I doubt she'd keep anything *too* big from him, and Mac definitely trusts Stella...

I dunno, I guess we'll see.

(And not to get off-topic, but I'd like to third the YOU WIN THE INTRANETZ on that post, Elwood. ;))

14. PerfectAnomaly

I doubt there will be serious ramifications, but it would be nice to see something happen.

Danny not showing up for work, Lindsay lying for him and using lab resources to help Flack find him and Danny wanting to handle the situation off the record and Flack getting into the mix of things on his off time even if he was trying to get Danny to do the right thing should have had consequences for all three and not just Danny.

15. dutch_treat

^ Of course it should've had consequences for all involved, just like in this case it should've consequences for both Stella and Danny (and any one else who might get involved, too - I'm thinking perhaps Adam). I just mentioned Danny because, for the umpteenth time, he will be one to go against all regulations and it would be almost ridiculous if he gets away with it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.