Episode 7x09 - 'Power Trip' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 21, 2008.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Eric. Oh em gee. :drool: Ryan was cute with the smile but it's just like him to get the constipated look back on his face as soon as the kid isn't looking at him. :rolleyes: We've seen the Cal part, but where's Natalia? :confused:

2. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

EEK! How exciting!
    Did anyone else notice the several bottles of pills on the table in Delko's apartment?! And who is the little boy Ryan was dropping off?!!! Adorable much?! Yay for Cal! I can't write a lot because it's too exciting hehehe

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I noticed the pills. Hope to find out what they are for.Probably has something do with the bullet fragment still lodged in his head.

Luf100,I don't think Ryan has a constipated look,more a look of annoyance,not at the kid but the ringing phone.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I would imagine they are....I'm sure some are to stop him from hallucinating and having headaches and he even might be on anti-depresents. You don't go through something like that and NOT get prescribed them!

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Natalia and Frank are not shown in the beginning. Only Ryan, Calleigh, Eric, H, and Tara are shown at the crime scene

I didn't think Ryan had a constipated look on his face

As for the pills in Eric's room. I was only paying attention to him in a towel

ETA: Watched back the episode at 10:00. I did see the pills and I also noticed that Eric seems to be staying at a motel.

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I know that the look was for the ringing phone. Just saying, he always has that look like there's something stuck where it shouldn't be. You'd think the guy wouldn't mind answering a phone. Not that I don't love Ryan. :D

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

^^ I LOL'd when I read the constipated thing....HAHAHHAHA

So...here are my thoughts on the episode while I dry my eyes after another depressing one.

The intro thing was cool, but I think the little bits were too short. It made it seem too random.

BWAHA...."What does a girl do before a big date?" "Make me wait in the living room with her cat..." lol...that was pretty funny. I guess they're trying to make Ryan the funny one. :)

Once Reggie looked behind him I knew he was going to do it. Ugh. I cried. Well, not fully, but my eyes watered and I pouted. :(

Anybody think it was weird how Frank walked up to Horatio at the end, hung out for a sec, and turned around and left? Did he say something? Did I not see his lips move?

I don't like Cal and Eric arguing. :(

ARGH! No new episode next week! I hate when they do that!!!! I need to be studying for finals, but STILL!

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I caught the last part of what Ryan said, now that I read it, it makes more sense

Oh poor, JC, I mean Reggie (sorry, having NY undercover flashbacks). Did Calleigh & Eric make up, I missed it?

No Tara, no no no no no :scream:

Oh yeah, and if I haven't said it enough, I would really like to thank the person who had the idea of giving us a shirtless Delko :drool:, I am forever in your debt.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The intro was short but I believe there will be more on the intro bits shown in later episodes.
    They may be trying to have Ryan be the funny one,but they also may letting us see a little more of his character(he has a social life). Same with Natalia saying she visited the salon once a month for her brows(I think I'll stick to waxing).
    I think Frank was telling Horatio about Reggie's suicide,but I could be wrong.

10. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

When the mini-intro things first came on I was like "what the crap?" But then it made sense. :)
    And when Delko stepped out of that shower....mmhmm...:p
    They could've ended the episode there and I would've been happy.

There at the end I * think * Frank said "Reggie hanged himself, I'm sorry." and walked away. Or something like that. Don't hold me to it though, I'm not the best of lip readers, especially when my sister is yaking through the entire thing.

Overall I thought it was an okay episode, nothing special.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Meh, I liked it. That's a good meh. It was boring and plain, but there was still the little fact that it was the cop, even though I thought it was pretty obvious that at least one of the murders was him. I liked how Frank got mad when Calleigh brought up the fact that it could have been Reggie, although I felt bad for him when they figured out it was Reggie.

Calleigh looks like she's about to burst into tears at any moment. If I was a co-worker I'd be constantly worried about her, she's not hiding it very well.

And yea... that's about all I have to say.

Oh, P.S. I loved Ryan's "Makes me wait in the living room with her cat" line. Sounded so strange coming from him though since we never hear about his personal life. xD

12. Smasha

Smasha Victim

Phew!
    Hi folks! New person here!
    After a laborious issue with my firefox trying to read all the posts for this episode, I was able to register. I've been stalking this site (Which I LOVE) for a while, but couldn't stand not saying anything anymore!

Yes, Yes. Delko is shirtless. Adam Rodriguez is ripped. Yes. Sexy.

Isn't anyone wondering why he's in a motel? That's the first thing that came to mind. I was thinking maybe it'd be the killer in the shower, but then when Eric stepped out I got confused. Was there something I missed in a prior episode?
    And what about Ryan? Why does he randomly have like, a 10 year old kid?
    Also something I missed? Which shouldn't be the case, I've seen all the episodes for this season.

Getting into the episode.... I was pretty intruiged for the whole thing. Which doesn't happen often on a Miami show.... Looks like the writing is improving. (Minus the H superhuman-ness)
    I didn't like the ending, though. I mean. The Reggie part was good. But the fiance.... that was so... left field? At least to me.
    I wish Miami did less random and ridiculous plots.
    Mostly though I kept hoping that they'd delve into the characters more. Like those questions I just mentioned. The writers seem to concentrate on their ridiculous, usually unrealistic plot lines every episode without really giving us any insight into the characters lives (Like Vegas and New York does) and then they throw in random character twists. And then not explain any of them.
    It bugs me. But I pretty much agree with everything your reviewer writes. :lol:

Also... I love that Ryan is slowly losing the suit thing. That boy seriously needs to stop wearing suits. He looks like a tool. Especially when he wears a Tie.
    I laughed at the constipated look remark. Hah. It's sort of true.
    Laughed again at the "Makes me wait in her living room with her cat."
    It's nice to see the characters being Human, rather than robotic CSIs spewing out info about trace and prints and killers. Wasn't Ryan based on Jon Togo? Finally he's getting to show himself a little. (Though I wouldn't mind him showing himself Shirtless. Adam is nice and all, but what about all the Jon fans???) :lol:

Anyway. Any ideas on those two characters?

(Also.... do I still have to put the Spoiler thing if the episode was already aired? I did it just in case.)

13. Kerosene

Kerosene Witness

I was wondering the same thing about Erics place. It looked very scattered and didn't seem very lived in. I mean he had like what 4 things hanging in the closet. Hmm...something is amiss. As for it being hotelish....I'm thinking that he lives in the "latino" part of Miami and maybe its just not that great of an area and the apartments are crap. Or he's having issues and can't stay in his apartment.... I agree that the meds are probably related to the brain tramua.

Love Calleigh running.....now if we can just get a half naked Cal in a shower...or on the beach.....

14. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Welcome Smasha :)

I don't think that anything needed to be put in spoilers because the thread is called "Episode 7x09 - 'Power Trip' - CONTAINS SPOILERS" but I could be wrong. I just followed the people before me, so it's all their fault if something is wrong. ;) Just kidding.

I think that the kid with Ryan was his nephew. In a previous episode didn't he give money to Calleigh to buy the kid an iPod maybe? That's my best guess anyways. Shirtless however, is a brilliant idea! I'm up for it.

And the Eric in the hotel thing threw me for a loop too, I don't know what's up with that :confused: Hopefully we'll eventually find out though.

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Glad my constipated remark made everyone smile. :) I think, if you read the thread for ALL episode spoilers, you'll figure out why Eric is in a motel (which I didn't realize until you mentioned it), unless we only know he is staying in one and not why yet... but anyways I can't say anything about future episodes in this thread. Go to the Season 7 Spoiler Thread and ask, someone will probably tell you right away. :lol: I know if I didn't read spoilers I'd be confused half the time...

I also completely agree with you on getting Jonathan Togo shirtless. I'm good with that. OH, and welcome to the board! :D