Grade 'My Name is Mac Taylor'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 19, 2008.

?

How would you grade My Name is Mac Taylor?

1. A+

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. A

23 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. A-

12 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. B+

16 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. Vertigirl

Vertigirl Hit and Run

i gave it a A-
    i liked it, but I expected to see something more intense for the hundredth episode

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^I agree that Mac maybe dating Gillian would be OOC. Both Sinclair and Stella would have the right to pull the hypocrite card on Mac if he started talking about the integrity of the lab. I don't think Danny or Lindsay could fairly do that though - while they would have a point, they'd be hypocrites too, as both got involved with someone from work. It would be especially horrible if Lindsay were to do it. *shudders*
    That said, Mac told Quinn that he doesn't get involved in his team's personal lives, so maybe the team shouldn't be getting involved in his, either. Mac has to be aware of the potential consequences of anything happening between him and Gillian, and while a relationship with her maybe isn't the right choice, it's Mac's choice to make. Though unlike with Peyton, any relationship with Gillian could damage the lab and the team. But then so could D/L.
    It would be nice to see Danny and Mac maybe bonding over the whole situation, if it ends up with both of them having to face difficult consequences of having gotten involved with a colleague.
    I mean, if dating your boss is against the rules, or causes problems, what about getting a colleague pregnant/having a colleague's child? If Stella were to talk to Mac about the dangers of his seeing Gillian, I'm hoping she'll be equally firm with Danny and Lindsay, and not be like - 'oh, you're having a kid together, that's wonderful!' Mac's dating choice may be a stupid one, and it may damage the intergrity of the lab, but so will the D/L baby.
    Equally, though, if Mac is dating Gillian, he can't fairly ream D/L for getting pregnant. But then he never reams Lindsay for anything, so if he yells at anyone it will probably be Danny.:rolleyes: I don't like how the writers always have Mac look over Lindsay's mistakes, Stella cover them up, etc.:rolleyes:
    That said, Mac isn't the only one responsible of rule-breaking/possibly endangering the integrity of the lab here. If they get involved, Gillian should bear some responsibility too, and if she were to criticize/condemn Stella and Danny or Danny and Lindsay for any rule breaking, they would have as much right to pull the hypocrite card on her, too.
    But of course, we don't even know if Mac/Gillian will be becoming involved. It could end up being nothing, like Mac/Jordan. Pursuing his boss, and possibly risking the lab seems OOC of Mac to me too. The Boss/Subordinate thing is a bit tacky, and that's not Mac's style.

It would be much nicer to see Mac start a relationship with someone completely outside of the lab/NYPD world - someone at his jazz club is a nice idea, Enhinti. I don't know why all the characters' relationships seem to be (or at least start) in-office. I mean, NY's apparantly filled with all these beautiful people, right?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  3. aliceW

aliceW Civilian

overall i liked the episode and the side stories they have going on. i'm not one for symantics, but i am slightly confused .... if there is only 1 Sid in NY state, and it's a 90 year old woman, what's that say about Sid, the non-female pathologist??? :confused: and why did Adam omit looking up Lindsay?

4. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

Yes. I, too, found this interesting.

Could it be a hint, hidden within the episode, for the fans to ponder on?

...And ponder I shall...

:wtf::rolleyes::lol:

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Sid an alien?:lol::lol: Yeah, somehow I can actually see that!:lol: It would be cool if he was in Witness Protection, too.