Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Veze

Veze Rookie

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

yeah, Let's discuss here about what's IN the show and not what's LEFT the show.

Maybe we can open a "mopping around" thread somewhere :guffaw:

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

More like a Grissom pity party thread..for those who are going to stop watching the show because BP is leaving..

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leaving *No Spoilers*

Okay eight posts were moved into this thread from the "Spoiler Lab" hence why some of the titles will read that respective title. Please not if it is NOT a spoiler then it doesn't belong in that thread, including on going dicussions of the said subject. Thank you. :)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm actually in the 41 per cent category but for a differen reason. It's about how the treat the reamaining characters. I really don't care that LF is joining the cast...I don't care either way.

And I say that because I do like Grissom and I do BP. BP has been pretty candid about Grissom even once saying 'he's not that great of a supervisor' which I think is honest..and BP deserves credit for that.

BP himself has been known to try shift the focus away from Grissom-although I don't think he tried hard enough. But he had been warning TPTB for eons that he wasn't staying on forever.

So really, it's kind of funny because if they weren't listening to BP how did we expect them to listen to us who complain about lack of screen time for our favourite characters.

I'm hoping the TPTB in all their logic don't just hand this show over to LF on a silver platter and give him storylines galore..I realyly hope they haven't signed some huge deal and in order to keep the show on the air they centre it around him.

Because TPTB really only care about ratings. They don't care about character development or good storylines-all they want is ratings-because ratings bring in bucks..and they need the bucks in order to produce CSI because of all the special effects that they use.

Which is why CSI has won Emmys for special effects and not for Best Drama and no one has ever won best acting because the story arcs for the characters are weak or minimal.

Just my two cents as I'm sure there are members of TPTB that care about character development and storylines..they just don't have the clout to say anything.

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^I completely agree with you. As much as I like BP, he isn't the show. He's a great actor. He's an awesome person whose worked hard in thsi business to get where he's at.

But at the same time, how could you possibly say No Grissom, No CSI? I think you're putting a little too much faith in one person, and not enough in the others. They are great actors who have evolved into awesome entertainers. And I believe they can carry the show without him. Yes, the ratings may dip, but the qualty will still be there.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm in agreement with you too also. I am hoping the originals who remain on the show get their due screen time once BP is gone. If it becomes the LF show, then I will feel it was like the CSI of BP days, where he got most of the screen time.

Maybe for some people Grissom is CSI, but not for me. I never started watching the show for one actor or character, it was the stories and drama that drew me in and kept me watching. It was only a couple years ago that I became more focused on one or two characters. For me as long as they still crank out interesting episodes I will watch.

7. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Yeah, CAN we start a Pity Party thread? Where do we start it at, cos I'll do it....Unless someone else wants to.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This is from next week's tv guide in the Inbox section:

It made me very happy to read that. This is what I've known from the beginning. The supporting cast IS strong enough to carry the show. At least as far as I'm concerned.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm in total agreement GNRF-the current cast IS STRONG ENOUGH TO CARRY THE SHOW:bolian:

CSI without Grissom will be A OKAY!!!:thumbsup:

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CSI will celebrate it's landmark 200th episode this spring 2009, with a blockbuster installment helmed once again by William Petersen's good friend William Friedkin. It is fair to assume that this could be the episode in which Petersen debuts as a very special guest star. "Billy will definitely be on the set for Mr. Friedkin's episode, whether it's behind the camera or in front of the camera is TBD" teases Carol Mendelsohn, "I don't think you'll be able to keep him away once he's back in L.A." Carol Mendelsohn[​IMG] yipee, it's in his blood!

SOURCE

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Ugh, I mean I can understand why he would comeback. 200 is a landmark number. But, I just wish more of the hype would be about the actual number, and not whose coming back for him.

Like I said, 200th episode is going to be great. But, come on.

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

The man has not even left yet and they are already talking about his return, sheesh. Let us see him leave first then start the hype.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Boy the writers are really freaking out over Billy leaving. I should send them some Atavin!

Just kidding..maybe some beer.:devil:

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AHH, but he has left he's wraped up those episodes long ago, and is back in Chicago, they just haven't aired as of yet. I know it's hard for some of you fans to realize that Billy/Grissom is popular and has mega fans. What if this were Eric or George, that left, and then they announced for whatever reason they were coming back? wouldn't you be thrilled? think about that. He is the ex.producer and still has a hand in CSI, and I think it's great that he's still interested in having a a say in what goes on and what doesn't in the show!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yes Desertwind, we all know how popular Billy is and if we didn't you'd be the first one to tell us.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't even think the writers would even know if George and Eric were gone with the little screen time they get.

George and Eric could easily make life size card board cut outs of themselves, stick tape recorders behind them with their one or two lines (and that's on a good day) and then go off surfing. No one would be the wiser.:guffaw: