Artists/Bands you think no one's heard of

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by shazza_018, Jun 20, 2008.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Has anybody heard of Attack Attack? It's a really good screamo band :)
    Brokencyde - it's some kind of hardcore band mixing hip-hop and screamo. Pretty good.

2. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I really like Headway. I heard them a couple of weeks ago at a One Republic gig, they were amazing.

3. animequeen23

animequeen23 Witness

Hey everyone!
    I just got introduced to a band called Within Temptation, and they are totally awesome! They're a Dutch version of Evanescence and the singers got a really great voice... Check it out...
    These next two are my personal Russian favourites, and are totally awesome so I thought I'd share...
    -Philip Kirkorov (extremely famous Russian singer with a totally awesome voice. Check out his song 'Diva')
    -Blestachiye (all-girl quartet with very pop-y songs which are totally great to dance to)

There are several other bands and artists in my mother tongue which I absolutly adore, and if you want me to add some more, let me know :)
    Hope you like 'em! :)

4. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I know Within Temptation.. But I'm from Holland. They're kind of popular here. :)

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I've heard of Within Temption too. Not many people here know them but my friend really likes them.

Not sure how popular they are now, but before no one knew 3OH!3. I think they're starting to get popular now though, so I dunno.

6. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Anyone heard of False Start?

I've heard of Within Temptation too, my sister really, really likes them.

Oooh another band I just thought of, The Mint Chicks. There big in NZ but are they anywhere else?

7. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I don't think many people know The Matches or The Horrors but they're both really good. I love What Katie Said by The Matches a lot. And not just because my name is in the title. :p

8. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

LOL they sound awesome! I actually really like it. Its so cool to have your name in a song <3 *is refering to The Matches :lol:*

Has any heard of the band Ash - they're from the UK but they're pretty awesome! <3

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  9. Salean

Salean Rookie

I love Within Temptation. First heard them a couple of years ago, but it took me ages to actually find one of their albums. I was surprised to find that not many people had heard of them.

Also, I know Ash too, Shazza. Wouldn't say that I know their songs very well, but they were played from time to time on the radio station I used to listen to. I liked what I heard, though.

Just flicking through this thread to see if there are any others I know...

Oh, Sigur Ros. My friend introduced me to them a couple of months ago. They're good.

Other ones that have been mentioned, that I know: Flogging Molly, Muse, The Enemy, Family Force 5, Feeder, Athlete, James Morrison, By The Tree, Primal Scream. (I was fairly surprised to see some of those bands here... but then, I have been surrounded with people with a very similar taste in music to me for the last two years. Now I'm at uni I'm discovering that not everyone knows the same bands I do...)

Anyone heard of Frank Turner? He was the lead singer of Million Dead, now gone solo. I was introduced to him a year or so ago by a friend, but apart from her I've never met anyone who's really heard of him. His music is acoustic, and often very bitter. More of an acquired taste, really, but I like it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I've heard of Ash, Sugar Rios, Muse, The Enemy, Family Force 5, Feeder,and James Morrison. They're all pretty good but I don't listen to them, really. :p

I don't think many people know of New London Fire, As I Lay Dying, Underoath or Atreyu, but they're also pretty good.

Oh also: Leathermouth. [/shameless promoting for Frank :p] They're hardcore, though. Just warning you. :p

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Atreyu i've heard of... think my friend likes them

Another 2 i found today on my list are The Ark and The Poodles. Both swedish pop bands/rock bands.

The poodles are amazing they are a Glam Rock band who could have performed for eurovision but for me they are far to good for that.

I got sent tehre Cd's from my godmother who's swedish and its music to make you happy.

12. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Ummm you may not know Lindsay Kane (a Christian singer/songwriter), but you may know who Tony Parker is. Did you know he raps? My French class does! But that's all I know...

13. sanderslove

sanderslove Police Officer

I've heard of alot of these bands! :)

Has anybody heard of
    Of Broken
    RED
    All Time Low
    Aranda
    Framing Hanley
    The Audition
    Saving Abel
    Burn Halo
    Beretta Jane
    Never Enough
    Hollywood Undead

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  14. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

:eek: DUH Leathermouth rule, yes they're hardcore but lyrically they're awesome. *High fives Katie* Spread the Frank love <3

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I looooove Hollywood Undead! My favourite songs are Black Dhalia, Everywhere I Go, City and California. Well, we can say I love the entire album :D Thir songs are good mixtures of hardcore and hip-hop.