The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

They got no idea. If they're not on Toon Disney or Nickelodeon they don't watch it. Even the networks Saturday morning shows are pretty much from those two stations. :(

Susan

ETA: And what's not is usually of a more violent nature than what we watched back then. I don't know about you but the most violent thing I watched was Tom and Jerry .

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Ha ha! :lol: I saw that too, and I immediately went on a Google hunt for Snagglepuss! Remember those other Hanna Barbera cartoons? Quick Draw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, Auggie Doggie and Doggie Daddy. :)

He DID say that! :lol: And I forgot...the Great Gazoo made an appearance too as his "partner". Remember him from the Flintstones?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Heck I think The Roadrunner and Bugs Bunny were more violent than Tom and Jerry. I could never remember who was the mouse and who was the cat :confused: Oh but were they good. Foghorn Leghorn was a laugh as well. Do they even show these cartoons still :)

Oh yup I watched those shows. They were classics. And yes I remember the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones :)

4. Smokey

Well, the so-called "Cartoon Network" shows crazy "modern day" weird stuff now, no real cartoons. :( Kind of like TV Land now shows "classics" like Scrubs. :confused: I wish they would put up a REAL classic TV channel...one that only showed b&w shows maybe.

My sister-in-law met Harvey Korman, aka voice of the Great Gazoo, at the ranch where she worked, and she got her picture taken with him and asked him to talk like Gazoo in the photo for my brother. :lol: He's making kind of an "ooooooo" face in it.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I got to see Harvey Korman in a comedy concert here in town when he toured with Tim Conway about a year or so before Korman died.

I've just about given up with TV Land (except for some Trek reruns, of course) when they started more recent series and some crappy reality shows. For a couple of years, there was something called the Nostalgia Channel, which carried Quincy and Ironsides, but that later became the Hallmark Channel. I don't get a newer cable channel called AmericanLife TV Network, but I wish I did. They have or had Mission: Impossible, Man From Uncle, I Spy, WKRP, Mary Tyler Moore, Time Tunnel, The Green Hornet, Lou Grant, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, and more. Official Site

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, he totally said "Exit, stage left" and when he did the doubletakes at funny comments, they played that weird little cartoon noise to go along with it. It was pretty hilarious. They had his boyfriend appear at the end, and it was the Great Gazoo (who of course entered by saying, "Hello Dum Dum." :lol: I actually use that on my friends all the time, so it cracked me up!

Woops, posted before I saw the last page...
    Hey, I never knew Harvey Korman was the voice of Gazoo! Now I feel like a dum dum! :lol:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  7. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

Feeling my age today - I have some ridges on my nails and was asking my friend what she thought they were (she is 32 and I am 41). We discussed whether it was a calcium deficiency etc but were unsure so decided to look it up on google when we got back to work. Unfortunately I let her do it and she nearly wet herself laughing when it said "Vertical ridging usually appears in middle age and is simply a sign of ageing".:scream: Thats the last time I let her google anything:lol:

8. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Don't feel old! I've had ridges on my nails all my life!

I was thinking about this today - not sure why, but do you guys remember when Mr. Hooper died?

I was thinking they wouldn't handle that the same now. They would probably have had no explanation of his absence (ala Sofia Curtis), or said that he retired to Florida or something. It's kind of sad - there aren't any really beloved characters like that anymore.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Okay, I've been getting grey hair since I was 21 and that mumble, mumble, years ago....so..ridges on nails..yeah I get those too.

Oh my God does anyone remember watching Superfriends!!!

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Tom was the cat and Jerry was the mouse. I loved those two.

Oh and The Flintstones, one of my all time favorites along with The Jetsons.

Another favorite of mine was Woody Woodpecker. Bugs and the gang too.

Smokey, I agree, I wish there was an oldie station too. TVLand use to do that, but now they don't. I mean, seriously, they ran a CSI rerun last night, again. I mean what is up with that. They do show Leave It To Beaver and I love Lucy, but they're not on until 2 am here.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Those were all my faves too!

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I watched it, Superfriends were great! How about Wonder Woman and it's cheesy special effects. :lol:

Ahhh, the Brat Pack movies. Yup, they were good.

One of my favorites was Valley Girl with Nicolas Cage. It was like totally tubular, you know? Like it so didn't gag me with a spoon!

13. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

*looks down at nails* Hmm..there are a few ridges, but they've been there for a while. Had my first gray hair when I was 31...it showed up a month after I started working where I am now. (That should have been a sign right there! :shifty:)

I love watching the old cartoons. Superfriends was one of my favorites. :)

14. Smokey

Ridges on nails....that's weird, because I've had them all my life too. I guess I just thought everyone had them.

But you know, for years I thought my brother had finger toes...you know, way too long? I made great fun of him until I noticed my sister's were like his...and his wife's were like his, and my friend's were like his...and....and....

I have stubby toes. :(

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

First off, I too loved Mr. Hooper... or Mr. Looper, as Big Bird called him. And I remember when Snuffaluffagus was invisible to everyone but Big Bird. And Oscar had a pet worm named Stimey! :lol:

I loved Superfriends- "Wonder Twin powers activate! Form of... an eagle! Form of... a bucket of water!" :lol:

"Valley Girl" was awesome! And I remember that's where I first heard the song, "I'll Stop the World and Melt With You."

Did anybody else watch Battle of the Planets? That was my favourite cartoon. Oh, and a friend of my just went as Jem (as in Jem and the Hollograms) for Halloween. Too funny.