Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muse2greats

muse2greats Dead on Arrival

Nicely written letter; kudos to you.
    Okay, I was reading a fanfiction today during class and came to a...
    I guess realization... Here's the text from the fic...
    "The once bright vibrant man became a more serious, quiet adult. Most praised the change. It showed in Greg’s work as a CSI."
    "Greg had always been good at his job despite his comical antics.....
    the light in Greg’s eyes was gone"

I actually think that anyone can see that this did happen. I think that this season he has gotten some of the sparkle back. I also would like to make another observation. At the beginning Greg is all serious and stuff; then in episode 9-03 he goes to talk to the psychiatrist; after that episode I believe we have seen a much happer and cheerful Greg. Maybe it's just me though.
    I like the Greg I've seen in the last couple of episodes. Kinda reminds me of the old Greg.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I knew when in the previews Greg was saying "officer down call the paramedics" that it had to be someone he'd worked with more than just a random officer and I was right, it was Cavalier. I loved how concerned Greg was leaning over him, checking for injuries.

3. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

I completely agree. Whatever that psychiatrist said to him, it certainly did him some good :) Perhaps she told him it's okay to be himself. Or maybe he just realised that life was too short to be so serious all the time.

I do love "flirty Greg" :) So glad his humour's back. Let's just hope it stays.

And I'm glad you liked my e mail :)

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Very good letter, Szmile:)

That's great:) And more than Marg. We know that her Cath is very important for the show (I love Cath;)) and when Greg got more screentime that means some good changes. "Old toys" gonna be main just like always.

And yay, our "flirty" Greg is back:D

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think your letter was very well written and the point put across szmile:)

I'm shocked to hear that Greg had more screentime than Cath last night. Go Greg! ( I absolutely love Cath, but yay for Greg). I've not watched the episode yet so can't comment, but yaya to his screentime.

6. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

Glad you all like my letter :) If he replies I will of course let you know... after I've stopped yelling and dashing round the room (NOTE TO SELF: only check e mails if you're at home - don't do it in the Silent Study area of the university library ;)).

As for the "old toys", Eric is one toy I'd LOVE to play with...

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I see Greg is in the promo for next week's episode a couple times too. I got one capture from the promo.

He definitely seems to have been upped in screen time now that Warrick is gone. Plus since they like to have Riley on so much and she gets along so well with him, it is in his favor to appear more. :)

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Holy freakin' crap! With that promo pic of him, I just realized something... and it's kind of scary in a way :lol: . My 13 yr old cousin kind of looks like Eric. :lol: I swear he could totally play a younger version of Greg if they ever did a story that reflected back to Greg's childhood. :lol:

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

As much as I'm really disappointed Warrick is dead, I'm thrilled that Greg seems to be getting more screentime- it's great. From the sounds of it, the appearance of Riley has actually helped improve Gregs screentime, whereas I know I thought she might have the opposite effect.

That is really funny, haha. :lol:

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Very nice letter Szmile!!

I am wondering if Eric has negotiated more screentime in his contract since Gary left. This season (with the exception of The (UN)Happy Place) Greg has had a lot of time on screen. Maybe he's finally getting what he deserves, and so are we!

This weeks ep felt so nice to see him so much, I was surprised that we saw more of him than Nick or Catherine.

Thanks for the promo pic, I watched it and Greg is shown quite a bit and surprisingly Nick wasn't shown at all!

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah now a lot of Nick fans are getting upset. I hope once Grissom is gone they are able to share the screen time wealth, so to say. But I am happy we are seeing a lot more Greg. Maybe they heard our cries too.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Nick fans are always upset about something, I don't blame them sometimes (no continuity after GD and thus far no after affects of Warrick's death) but come on now really, Nick has always gotten good screentime. Greg hasn't.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  13. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

When did Greg start training to become a CSI?

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

He started training sometime during season 3 and continued until he became a CSI in season 5.

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Thanks Wojo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.