Finally! A CSI: NY Computer Game

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Elsie, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Queenie

Queenie Witness

I'm sooooo getting this game! I don't care if it sucks...well...I do care but I'll buy it anyway. LoL
    I'm not a fanatic of Lindsay or Danny but I think they should be on this game! They're part of the team and they're on CSI:NY show!
    It's just weird leaving them out of this game!

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I know, hearing Danny's voice would have made me all giddy ... but yay Adam! It is surprising they left Danny out and have Adam, since he just recently started working on the field :alienblush:

Mac looks like a young Christopher Walken :lol:

I won't even comment on Flack :alienblush:

* cough * Stella look too young ...

How cute is Adam? :p Sheldon is alright

3. louise_dk

louise_dk Dead on Arrival

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: CSI:NY - The Game

Here's a link to the site for the game. They have clips of Gary, Melina, Carmine and Eddie talking about being a part of the project. ETA: They also have screen shots and images of what the team looks like in the game. Danny, Flack and Lindsay are particularly amusing, IMO.

CSI: NY The Game Website

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

As this thread is about the NY computer game, I'm going to send it down to the Merchandise forum. :)

6. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Because this looks like it's a continuation of another thread, I'm moving this thread to the other CSI NY game thread. :)

7. louise_dk

louise_dk Dead on Arrival

They haven't let Danny out in the cold...

Click on the "watch behind the scenes" - you will find a small video with Melina, Gary, Eddie and Carmine about the game. You can see Danny saying some of his lines...

8. CSI_GEEK_GIRL

CSI_GEEK_GIRL Victim

So has anyone actually played the game yet? I'm dying to get my hands on it. It's definately high up there on my xmas list this year

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

The game's alright, it's sort of like a variation of some of those search and click pictures. But it involves mini games and it's fun :)

Though at the present I'm stuck ... so if anyone has played and can help me send me a pm :)

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Hubby is getting it for me for Christmas. So I'll let you know then, lol!

11. Flacknatic

Flacknatic Hit and Run

Wow it's out already!!! Good thing it's a pay week!!! :)

But my question is can you "play" with Flack at all? :drool:

12. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

I like it so far. I'm now on the fourth case, and no longer stuck on the second. ^^;;

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  13. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

YES! I've been waiting for a CSI: NY PC game for the longest time. :D I have 3 CSI ones plus the CSI: Miami game, so once I have the NY one, I can die happy. Heh.

I just hope that the game specs are compatible with my computer... *crosses fingers*

14. harmor

harmor Civilian

I registered to tell you forum users that the CSI: NY game is the worse in the series. I don't know why or how Legacy Interactive got the rights to CSI: NY game instead of TellTale games who did the other CSI games but Legacy Interactive dropped the ball.

In CSI:NY you collect useless items that are not relevant to the crime at all. For example in one case you have to find 8 or so pigeons and you don't even process the pigeons for evidence. It seems like the developers had you find random items just to make the game longer.

Unlike the previous CSI games you cannot go to different locations within the crime scene. You stare at a static background and find the items you need. To make things even easier for the player the images you need to collect show a silhoute after a few seconds which is a good thing because you wouldn't know to pick up those items that have no relevance to the crime.

Processing evidence is so simple a 10 year old can do it. I remember on an older CSI game you have to look carefully at two samples, cylcling through each one to examine for a match. In CSI:NY there's little thinking. For example instead of having a list of bullets you choose from to match to the bullet found at the scene, rotating each bullet separatly comparing them as you did in the previous CSI game - You simply have nine (If I'm not mistaken) cut-outs of a bullet. There's an image of the tip of the bullet, an image for the top, bottom, and back, and others to give a 0.1 on the difficulty scale.

I'm not sure about the other CSI games but in this one you can simply skip everyone's dialogue and still beat the game. You'll have each stage beat within 30 minutes and there are four stages (the fifth one isn't out yet) which means you should have this game beat in approximately two hours.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  15. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

I have finished the game. Well, I really finished it like 2 days after I got it. Now, I have to wait for January to come so that I can finish the last crime. It is on the CD, but it says it will be unlocked Jan 09. So, I just wait paitently. What else can i do.

Presently I am playing the CSI LV Dark Motives for the DS. It is hard, you have to think. I truly wish the NY game was more like it. But, perhaps there will be one in the future.