Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Count me in as another who thought the delivery of the confession line was :wtf:. That's the sort of thing I cannot stand watching at all. It completely ruins whatever effect the line was supposed to have for the scene, and not only that, it ruins believability too. In real life, people around her would have been wondering what the heck she was actually trying to say and yeah, be trying to figure out whether it was a question or statement. And because the characters in the scene didn't, what the bad delivery did was make the moment awkward and pull the viewer right out of the show.

That's what's so sucktastic about lousy acting; the viewer ends up feeling as if they're watching the people on screen trying to be something they're not, failing terribly and pretending it's not failing even though it shows on everyone's faces. Who finds that enjoyable? :wtf:

2. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

thank you...If you look at CSI: Vegas- if you lost a main cast member, you would notice and it would be big...but Lindsay is the exception for CSI NY

Man, watching Lindsay with Mac and her trying to be all sarcastic with Danny-not good at all.

I just saw 1x16 "Hush"-Now Aiden and Danny had great chemistry and they would go back and forth and it was great...they replace Aiden with Lindsay-seriously?

3. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

This just came to me but there will be one thing that comes out of Lindsay being preggers. All her weird characteristics can now be attributed to mood swings!!! Maybe that's the real reason why they're knocking Lindsay up.

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

If that's the reason they're doing it, then TPTB has gone beyond lame and sunk into 'are you shi*tting me, seriously' levels. One excuse after another to accommodate a shallow, weak character. Hope you realize it reflects very heavily on you, TPTB, no matter what spin doctoring you're doing.

And anyway, even if it was true, it can only account for her behavior since episode 4x19 ... which means it still doesn't justify her immature, two-faced childishness for the last three seasons. Unless of course, she's an alien who apparently somehow stays pregnant for three years straight and therefore wasn't knocked up by Danny.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I wonder if that's going to be the generic season 5 excuse for...everything? There's always an excuse for Lindsay.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The pregnancy excuse has already been used (granted Lindsay wasn't the one pregnant, but AB's pregnancy was still the excuse).

I call "no repeats." :lol: :shifty:

7. alexlily

alexlily Victim

Great, so she's been pregnant for three or however many years:rolleyes: Poor Danny, having to wake up in the middle of the night to get Lindsay her cravings. Hmm, wonder what she will be craving...
    Does anyone know when AB is leaving for maternity leave?

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

The fact that she needs so many excuses to been seen as a passable actress is frustrating. People can say "oh, she was new" in season two, "Anna was pregnant" in season three....." and now that Lindsay is pregnant in Season five. That's another lame excuse to try to pass her off as a 'decent character' played by a 'good actress'...and just another reason to hate this pregnancy storyline even more...

Of course, even if they hadn't written it in, there would still always be the "Anna's pregnant" excuse...:rolleyes:

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

There's always an excuse. ;) Funny how the actors on the show who can actually, you know, act never need one. ;) The rest of them were good from the get-go in season one, and AJ came in and built a role from a handful of lines.

Anna/Lindsay is this show's weak link. I imagine this thread will light up like a Christmas tree tomorrow night. :lol: That little glimpse of Lindsay making her announcement that she's pregnant typifies all the weaknesses of the character: her coldness, her brittleness, her wooden delivery.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I actually thought that delivery was pretty good. To me she sounded like she was shocked, confused and upset.

All things I imagine a person very well would be after finding out they are pregnant and it was unplanned and their relationship status with the father was, at best, up in the air. :rolleyes:

Of couse, that was only one line. I'm sure I'll have plenty to say after the whole episode airs tonight. :shifty:

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Really? I saw the same old, same old in her delivery of that line, but to be fair, it was in a quick clip in a preview. I'll be interested to see how it plays out tonight...and how she treats Danny during the course of the episode.

12. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I just watched the promo (yeah, I'm a little bit behind this week), and I agree the line delivery wasn't too bad. She actually did come across as upset and shocked, which I really didn't think was possible...but as PerfectAnomaly said, it's only one line...and I have a feeling the rest won't be so convincing. :rolleyes:

13. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Anna trying to cry and talk at the same time= cringing...seriously to see her try to act alongside Carmine is brutal. Carmine is just so great and Anna is okay, not in his league.

14. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I really dont see Anna's acting as that bad. I dont get why everyone HATES her! I mean, I'm no acting coach, sure, but seriously, is it THAt painful? I'm clearly not seeing what everyone else is.

15. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

When your acting alongside great actors like Melina, Gary, Eddie, Carmine, Hill, AJ, etc...it is very noticeable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.