Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I've seen the interviews where it was said they accidently bumped into each other and TPTB saw chemistry they decided to act upon. Where is/was the information that TPTB asked them to deliberately bump into each other? Just curious as I don't recall hearing that.

2. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I noticed it's not even just her eyes. It's her body too. It's like a cow on a meat hook dangling there. Even if she was "acting with her face". She would just be a talking head.

What I'm about to say is kind of corny, but maybe she's lacking the whole acting from within with heart and such. [​IMG]

I guessing she had a few auditions and I'm guessing something in one of them stuck with them. I would tell you what, but I have no clue.

3. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Let me start by saying, i respect the opinions of the majority of posters in this thread. We are all entitled to an opinion, we don't all see things the same way, thats life. But why the need to create a special thread because you dislike a character, isn't voicing your views in the episode grading thread enough, because basically what you say in your posts there, you repeat in here.(And just about every other thread for that matter, including the ones for the other actors as well). I just don't get why this thread actually exists? Could someone please enlighten me why a seperate thread was created. And if threads like this have to exist, shouldn't there be a similar type of thread for the other characters?

This thread title is Why LINDSAY Must Go, so why the posts about Anna's looks, Anna's body size after giving birth, her voice and her apparent bribing of Lesley Moonves with Photos, got to do with Lindsay the character. IMO those things come of looking very superficial and a little nasty. Also the causual/average veiwer(the ones TPTB care about) don't scrutinize the actors, they watch the show because they enjoy it..I doubt they even care (or it even crosses their mind) if Lindsay scrunches up her face during sex( IMO its actually quite disturbing that anyone would even think of it) or whatever other irrelevant/rude comments are made in this/other threads.

See there is this little thing called rapport. TPTB and the other Actors on the show are Anna's collegues and in some cases i.e Hill, her friends.I wonder what he/they and TPTB would think reading those shallow comments(like i mentioned above) about AB?

This thread at times comes of looking like its posted in to get the attention of TPTB....It may get their attention all right,(re my comment above) but because AB/Lindsay is still on the show, it's obviously not in the way you would have hoped.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Regardless of whether or not other people shared those thoughts, it isn't appropriate for this forum. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer. Criticism of Anna Belknap must be kept to the professional realm. I don't want to see speculation about why she took the job/whether she's lazy, and everyone needs to keep away from trying to discern what her co-workers might think of her. This thread is for our opinions, not to try to discern theirs.

You know what? You need to keep your posts to the topics at hand and not other posters on the forum. If you can't do that, this isn't the board for you. You want to debate the topic, feel free, but if I see you come in and attack others for expressing their opinions again, you're going to get a warning.

5. PerfectAnomaly

You've already asked this question in other threads and it's been answered. If you don't like people posting the same thing over and over in multiple threads maybe you shouldn't be doing it yourself.

Anyone is entitled to create a thread. There's a "Why ANGELL must GO" thread and I've heard there was once a anti-Danny thread. The thing is, people who make those threads need to realize there will be debate in them. If someone thinks Angell is a great character and should stay on the show they have every right to go into that thread and state their opinion. The fact that those threads seem to die out rather quickly while this one stays alive says volumes to me. If Lindsay ever became a viable, interesting character or Anna Belknap a capable actress to the people who dislike them this thread would die out as well.

6. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Look we are entitled to our opinions, like everyone else has said already, and our opinion is that we do not like the character Lindsay. You can go around the forum and many our sites and see all different anti threads for any character on a tv show.

If you do not like what we have to say about Lindsay, then don't attack others, you can debate, but in a civil way...and where do you get the idea that we are making fun of Anna's looks and weight?

Seriously though, if you took Lindsay off the show, will anybody truly notice or care? CSI NY was great before Lindsay came along...

Really if you get rid of Lindsay, what important relationships/connections will be severed? Just the d/l..that's it..She really has no connection to the other characters except Danny( and that's because their boinking)

whew...:lol:

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

If I remember right, it's actually been discussed a few times in the previous WLMG thread. An article mentioning that Carmine and Belknap had deliberately bumped into each other was posted, and there was some amusement over it since, before that article, TPTB had published/made statements that Carmine and Belknap had accidentally bumped into each other and TPTB had been there to witness it. :lol: I'll have to go search for those posts ...

... there has never been any mention of anything close to that accusation, not here in TalkCSI, much less the WLMG thread. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: In fact, this is the first time I've even heard of such a ridiculous thing. :wtf: Wherever you got that information from, it's completely untrue.

Then I apologize. I won't bring up the opinions/speculations of other viewers anymore.

Agreed. And this thread will be hitting 820 posts soon ... which means that, until now, there have been already over 2800 posts about why Lindsay must go, and counting. That speaks for itself.

8. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Seriously though, the only connection she has on this show is Danny. I mean, if you take her out of the equation(get rid of her), it would not be any loss...If you look at the other characters, it would be a big loss...Its the same thing for CSI and CSI Miami.

9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I have to agree. The fact that there is no thread for any other character on all three of the CSI series is telling enough.

And yes, there really wouldn't be anything missing if Lindsey were gone. At least I wouldn't miss her.

I still say, bring Aiden back from the dead. What about witness protection? It wouldn't be as an incredible story line as Lindsey being pregnant with Danny's child!

10. PerfectAnomaly

In last night's episode when Lindsay said to Mac, "Confession is good for the soul," did anyone else go :wtf: at the delivery? It was just really weird to me. It was like a half statement, half question and completely awkward in the way it came across. Not that it's anything new for Anna Belknap to come across awkward, but that one line just was really :confused: :wtf:. For me it was right up there with the "I rock" line for just plain awfulness.

11. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

PerfectAnomaly - um, yeah, I was scratching my head. It sounded like the sentence wasn't finished. I was waiting for a punchline, but the scene moved on.

12. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Not to mention I rolled my eyes when she said "Show off...I came with the coast guard."

The way she said that, god it was snotty! I'm sorry if I was him I'd probably been like "yeah and here's me not giving a..." well you fan finish that sentence

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I personally didn't see anything wrong with her delivery of either of those scenes. I thought the coast guard one was quite appropriate, it made me smile. Danny would of course go with the speedboat, what man wouldn't? :lol: I actually thought the scene was slightly cute.

14. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I don't know why but it bugged me only because it sounded as though she was better than him...maybe because I'd pick the speed boat any day lol

15. privatename

privatename Rookie

I have to say that I thought the delivery was odd in that scene as well. I don't know why she made her voice go up like that at the end. It seemed like it should have been more of a statement than a question or she was trying to be "cutesy" or something.

I agree that to me this scene was fine. I thought it was appropriate and it was a nice off-hand quick conversation between co-workers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.