Episode 7x07 - 'Cheating Death' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 7, 2008.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That's weird. I thought the exact same thing. My conversation went: "How was Miami?" "Pretty boring for once. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing." I'm also leaning towards it being a good thing. Action and everything is great but it's nice to have a plain old murder case once in a while.

I loved Calleigh's expression at the "edible undies". :lol: I wonder what they're made out of... licorice is my bet. :shifty:

I also thought the same thing about the song. Huuuh? Oh well, it wasn't too bad. :lol:

The whole episode was pretty good, I think. The team interaction was good, there wasn't too much Horatio (yay), there was humour! Loved how Ryan got in the first apology by sending flowers. :lol:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I'd think they'd either be made of licorice or whatever they use to make fruit roll ups. :lol:

I think Ryan's conscience got to him. :lol: Eric didn't seem too much in a hurry to apologize. :lol: I think he was still a bit in shock of how she took it. And I think it hurt a little that his joke backfired on him big time. :lol:

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I feel like they are giving Tara more screen time than they ever did Alexx. And I agree that had they given Khandi the same amount of screen time the new M.E. is getting now, she would still be on the show. Sooo sad.

Overall, I like the episode. Lucy Lawless look asilutely fabulous. She is soo gorgeous. It was nice to see the whole episode wasn't about Horatio and that we weren't overloaded with him. This is just my personal opnion but he is definately not why I watch this show so when an ep isn't overloaded with him and his drama I am pleased.

The premise was a good one and I totally didn't see the person who did coming. There have been few episodes of this show where I can say that but this one goes in that list. This episode was really about the forensics and investigating...and that was proven on how they finally figured out who done it. This season, so far, has been surprisingly very good. The writers must really be eating their wheaties!! Either that, or they are coming to this site and reading our posts!!

4. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

So...Ryan gave Tara flowers by way of apology? I always knew the man had style and grace. ;)

I wonder if there are flowers in Calleigh's future after that remark. Probably so, Eric isn't all that dense when it comes to his woman. I hope. (Dear writers, can we haz flowers and candlelight nao, plzthx?)

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

:thumbsup:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

A really enjoyable episode :thumbsup:

Love the team spirit even if, as always, we didn't have 3 CSIs together in ascene. Love also the fact the guys sent Calleigh cheking on Tara.

Can I say that I love Tara too much???? :lol:
    Her behaviour was so understandable & her scene with Calleigh was just so cute. Love their interactions. Obvioustly it won't be same Calleigh had with Alexx, but I love how they interact espcially how Calleigh wanted to help her.

Loved how Ryan didn't understand the prank went wrong & Eric tried to stop him:guffaw:.
    Awww Ryan sent flowers, this guy is just too cute & sweet :adore: .
    Delko, well I thought he knew better how to treat a woman. Bad bad bad Eric....send those damn flowers immediatly next time, it's not that difficult!:rolleyes:
    Loved also Calleigh hinting it was time for Eric to apologize even with flowers.

"Call me anything you like."
    "How about killer?"
    "Okay, not anything."

:guffaw: Lucy Lawless crackes me up. Loved her role in this episode & yeah she looked fantastic, although I thought she was going to do something more.
    When she throw the ring on the table I was "OMG Xena the warrior coming back!":guffaw:

Calleigh: Let's say you're Christine.
    Valera: Selling myself for money? Thanks.

:guffaw:These two always crack me up when they have a scene together.

Calleigh's facial expression when she was examing the toy box was just pierceless.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really, really enjoyed this episode :)

I thought there was great team interaction. Every one had good screen time and Horatio's time was pretty much the same as the rest. The prank made me laugh and poor Eric really got his head chewed in :lol:. Tara was great and her scene with Cal was really good.

Valera, Valera can we please see her more??? Always cracks me up :lol:.

Calleigh hinting about flowers... Eric getting the hint, priceless :) Loved her little subtle raising of eyebrow, like: get it?

Edible underware :lol:. Her expression really made me laugh and then when Eric walked in and she quickly put it back :lol:. I loved that moment.

Also it was refreshing to see Eric, Ryan, and Tara in one scene and then Tara, Horatio, and Eric in another. Keep it up people, it can be possible to have more than two on the same scene.

I kept guessing who was the killer also, so bravo. Loved this one, I give it an A :thumbsup:.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  8. athens

athens Coroner

I liked the episode..

The plot wasn't anything extremely exciting but it was interesting to watch .What I loved was the interaction between Eric Ryan and later Calleigh with the new ME.It's time she starts bonding with the team :)

A-

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I really enjoyed this episode. It was plain and boring and that's what I loved about it. No explosions or high speed chases or human trafficking rings. Just some of Miami's finest doing their jobs.

The team interaction was perfect, although the whole episode I was waiting for Tara to bolt the locker shut, and was pretty disappointed when she didn't. Still, seeing Eric and Ryan getting along and having fun together for the 1st time since goodness knows when was amazing.

Ryan bought flowers!! Of course he would buy flowers. That part just cracked me up.

I'm still a little worried about what's become of Horatio. I'm glad he's taking the back seat only because everytime they try to do something with his character it goes really wrong. But I love Horatio. I want the old Horatio back desperately, but I'm beginning to fear he's lost forever. *sigh.*

Still, a great episode. The science didn't seem so star trekky this time around. Great job, writers. :thumbsup:

10. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

LOL....this is Florida...they have guns!! Oh. I wasn't aware no one in any other state did...

The edible undies part was probably my favorite! My friend and I texted the EXACT same message to each other at the same time that happened. It was so scary. We both said, "hahaha! awkward!"

I will discuss Ryan's outfit in the wardrobe thread. Here's a spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAUUUGHGHHGHGHGGHHGHGHGHHG

So...Eric is too afraid to apologize and Ryan becomes the player by getting Tara flowers? Did the world turn upside down?

Didn't expect it to be that chick that did it.

I LOVED seeing Eric and Ryan smiling within close proximity of each other! haha! I wish they could be friends.

How can you stay pissed at 2 guys that hot?!?!

I wonder if Horatio heard about the prank. I bet he would just give Ryan and Eric the silent treatment...LOL...it just sounds funny to me...:)

And yeah, the promo for next week saying we can't miss it....last time they said that the episode was terribly boring. But hey, there's a baby and an explosion. Can't be too bad. I'm holding out hope that the secret father is Eric or Ryan....It's probably Horatio...LOL "Kyle....you have a brother...."

Anyway, I'm hyperrrrrrrr

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think buying flowers for a girl makes a guy a player. I think he was just feeling guilty about the prank and was trying to amend for it. Besides, giving someone flowers is not always a romantic guesture. My aunt bought me flowers once (when I turned sixteen). :lol: And they were red roses too. :lol:

I thought Ryan's outfit was awesome last night. That's my favorite tie of his so far. :D

12. luvryanwolfe

luvryanwolfe Hit and Run

I thought Ryan looked good last night! But my favorite so far was last weeks outfit.:thumbsup:

13. csirocks77

csirocks77 Dead on Arrival

ok i really liked this episode!!!! although i thought lucy lawless was going to have more screen time!!! she was great!!!! i loved how she was kind of hitting on horatio!!! H is so cool!

calleigh was great this episode!!! she was cool with Tara and finally letting Eric know that she is interested !!! the toys scene was great!!!!

ryan is soooooo cute!! i would love to see him do something different!! like .. i don't know... and would also love for eric to stop wearing those shirts.... they annoy me!!! and i want his hair back.. :drool:

14. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

Yay, someone who shares my sentiments! :thumbsup: I was noticing over the last few episodes of Season Six (our current season in the Philippines - tonight is the second to the last one), it was as if the writers were turning H into some sort of super-hero cliche fellow.

I mean, that episode with The Vaporizer - the ending? My jaw dropped to the floor with that one. :wtf:

But H was the first character I fell in love with, and that hasn't changed. As with everything else, I hope the writers do right by him and give us something to go all warm and "rock on!" about before the season ends.

Ahahaha....you don't?

Based on my limited experience of working in a close office? I'm sure Horatio heard about it - but no harm, no foul and I doubt he'd comment on it, even off-screen. Naturally the concerned parties would adopt the "deny till you die" attitude; isn't that usually the way it goes?

But I like the idea of him maybe walking in on Ryan carrying the flowers down the hall to the morgue and raising his eyebrow...oh dear. //tosses plot bunny at the fanfic writers among us//

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

LOL! This episode wasn't the greatest but it was cool, it rate it 4 out of 5. But I think I need to watch it again just to collect my thoughts of it, cause I downloaded this epi at 4 something this morning and watched it.

I really wanted Tara to bolt his locker shut! But hey, it might happen in a later episode!:lol:

Calleigh's face at the undies was so funny and when she heard Eric coming she looked up quickly and placed it down. HAH!:lol:

Ryan finally gets to prank someone, he must feel good.

The reason, I think, for Megalyn to have better and longer scenes than Alexx is that the writers don't want her to feel left out, or feel like a side dish and leave the show like Alexx.

I think that they say 'an episode you cant miss' because the whole case wont be forensics based and the characters are going have like an emotional feel for the baby/case.