The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Haha, Ralph Macchio just turned 47...Hmmm, yeah I remember watching all three Karate Kid movies (the one with Hilary Swank doesn't count in my book :lol:). He's got a baby face, that's why he looks so young. I remember watching him in My Cousin Vinny and thinking that he didn't age much from the first Karate Kid film.

As for M*A*S*H, I wasn't old enough, heck, I wasn't even born when it started airing but I must say I loved watching the reruns. :lol:

Anyone remember watching The Outsiders?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh man, I LOVED THE OUTSIDERS! "Do it for Johnny, man!" Man, I cried in that movie. And wow, what a cast of young up-and-comers at the time, huh? Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez. Crazy. Diane Lane took a while to get big after that one though. I think her marriage to Christopher Lambert runied her for a while! :lol: (Don't get me wrong though- Highlander is one of my faves!)

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

oooh I loved The Outsiders! That was a great movie. So many great actoes came out of that movie. I can't believe Ralph Macchio turned 47. :eek:

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

I just caught up in this thread.

Now I wish I hadn't :lol:

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

See if this makes you feel old.

Today, November 6:
    Sally Field (Gidget, Flying Nun) turns 62
    Glen Frey (Eagles) turns 60
    Maria Shriver Schwarzenegger (news correspondent, Arnold's wife) turns 53

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

7. Dynamo1

I remember Matthew in the series Whiz Kids from the early 80's. And, of course, Patrick played Bud Roberts on JAG for about 10 years.

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think I remember Whiz Kids better than Little House on the Prarie. :lol:

Thank you for telling me why Patrick was sounding so familiar. Knowing he was Bud on JAG I'll recognize him. :lol: I've been having trouble recognizing some of these former kid stars all grown up! :alienblush:

Susan

9. Dynamo1

If you ever want to find out just about everything an actor/actress has been in, a great source is the Internet Movie DataBase ( imdb.com ). It has listings going back to the days of black and white TV and silent movies to video games and direct to DVD. Anyone else remember the old DuMont network?

10. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

This film was the first of the "brat pack" movies that I love, and still watch regularly: - The Breakfast Club is my ultimate favourite (who didnt want a boyfriend like Jon Bender:devil:?), Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles (Jake Ryan was uber cool:drool:), Ferris Buller, Some Kind of Wonderful, they were all soooo great (and still are in my book). Oh to be a teenager again with all those hormones and problems (not!).:guffaw:

11. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Haha, I remember watching Patrick Labyorteaux in Summer School and Prince of Bel Air, both with Mark Harmon and Kirstie Allie. Oh yeah, of course I used to watch him on JAG as well.

Hahaha, this was so hilarious!! Oh to be young again. :lol: Jake Ryan, I love you man!! :lol:

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh I loved Sixteen Candles!! That was an awesome movie.

For any parents with preteens who watch Hannah Montanna regularly, the love interest Jake (the actor Miley falls for) well the character was named after Jake from 16 Candles.

13. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

awww the brat pack movies. I loved all those 16 candles was hilarious! Don't forget St. Elmos Fire!

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, this made me feel old last night, but in a funny way...

Was watching Saturday Night Live, and on the "news" they had a guess commentator on the gay marriage ban in California: Snagglepuss! Man I laughed when he said, "Heavens to murgatroyd!" :lol:

Also, it's just now occurring to me how effeminate he was! :lol: I guess kids just didn't care about that stuff back in the day... and I still don't. ;)

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Did he say 'Exit stage left' as well :guffaw:Now that's bringing back the memories :) That was a fabulous cartoon. Do kids today even know who he is?