Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Has NBC noticed yet and asked for residuals? :lol: First CBS stole the series and the plane, now they've taken an episode from Profiler. Actually, I liked this one better than the Profiler train-centric episode. Much better procedural. I think the new agent will fit in beautifully with the team; she's already got great chemistry with Derrick, and I could sense the chemistry-to-be with the rest of the team. Rossi is great; Reid and Garcia take geekiness to the highest levels of cool; now if Hotch could just get a personality, the team would be perfect.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hotch is kind of broody. Though he was funny for a bit the last ep when Garcia said "you my fine furry friends are welcome" and Hotch deadpanned "remind me to have her drug tested". :lol: If only he'd show that personality more. He needs some excitement in his life again.

Did you notice that the new agent is Meta Golding who also played Warrick's wife Tina?

3. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I didn't realize it 'til someone pointed it out to me. I already like her in this role a whole lot more. Oh, and you're right, occasionally, Hotch throws in a joke all deadpan. But it always seems like he's forcing himself to joke while he's really miserable inside. :confused:

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This episode last night was one of the creepiest and spooky nerve wracking ever :( The freak-show who rode the trains in northern California, and killing people who lived near the tracks. EWWWWWWWW, and then ate and slept in their beds, so scary. The team and all of their hard work and going to the farm workers camps, and the hobo camps, chilling:wtf: This guy was a real piece of work NOT, really really a good show right before Halloween, I'm sorry they shot and killed him I wanted them to be able to interogate and ask him for the love of god WHY? Now everytime I'm near railroad tracks I get chills up my spine~

5. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I really liked last night's episode. I thought it was really interesting, as well as creepy. I loved Reid feeling JJ's baby kicking. Reid is absolutely adorable, and if he did decide to have "baby geniuses" they would be adorable as well.

I agree that Hotch seems more miserable than usual lately. He's been through a lot in the past few months though, so he's probably at a place where he doesn't really know what he's doing anymore. Hopefully, he finds *someone* to help him get through it in some capacity. Maybe Prentiss? In my world at least :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, so I knew the killer/abductor was a woman before the profilers figured it out. :lol: I could tell by the voice even though it was disguised with a synthesizer thing. Though I first I thought it was gonna be Spencer's mom until I saw that she was still in the hospital. At the end when it showed the man in his dream, I knew it was gonna be his dad.

The only thing I didn't like in this episode was Emily's dig against CSIs (especially considering that they were in Vegas). I mean, CSIs do NOT trample all over the crime scene. They know NOT to contaminate it. It just seemed to me like the writers were trying to insult the CSI shows and that kind of ticked me off.

Looks like it picks up where last night's ep left off. So we get two Spencer centric eps in a row. Woohoo!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  7. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Love me some Dr. Reid. I think of all he is my favorite. Ep was pretty good although it would have been nice if the police were to find the boy on what insight the team bought to the case. Just my little quibble with the case. The crack about CSIs didn't bother me. Who knows what happened at the crime scene before they came. It did look very compromised when they Prentiss/Rossi got there IMO.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, but how does she know that it wasn't the local rookie cops or the paramedics who mucked up the scene? Why did she immediately go to the CSIs? CSIs are trained not to compromise scenes. rookie cops and emts are not. In fact, I believe on one of the CSIs at least in one ep, one of the CSIs tells a rookie cop not to do something cause he'll compromise evidence. And there was that one case where there were bloody shoeprints all in the house that were from the EMTs. But then again, EMTs are trained to save lives and aren't focused on where they're stepping. :lol: I dunno, it just kind of bugged me. Maybe it wouldn't have bugged me as much if they weren't in a city where one of the CSI shows is based in. It just seems like to me that that line was purposely put in the script to take a dig at CSI personally.

9. mugs

mugs Witness

i love that show emily is the best agent :)

10. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: at Morgan watching Y&R (the actor used to be on Y&R for those who don't know).

"They say people look like their dogs too." :lol: Loved Mr. Reid's expression when Spence said that.

"Yeah, he googled me. That makes up for everything." :lol:

Rossi wants to monitor Reid's session. Aw! He's worried about him.

JJ's having her baby!

Okay, the bloody clothes were Spencer's mother's clothes? Didn't see that one coming. What a twist that it was Spencer who they were all trying to protect by what happened to the pedophile.

Aw, cute baby! JJ asked Reid and Garcia to be the godparents. Aww. Loved Spencer holding the baby and talking to him. So adorable!

Previews: Jason Alexander looks funny with that hairdo. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

ONG, talk about twists and turns, this ep. made me so nervous:shifty: and Spence was amazing, he remembered some things, but they were distorted and disconnected, who knew the mom was involved:eek: and sorting it all out with his team mates.. who were so concerned about him.. and some CSI prior stars were in this, the dad was in "What's Eating Gilbert Grissom" the creepy guy who drew his pic. in the last scene. and the sheriff who played a sheriff, in some CSI's, he invited Grissom to dinner, one time, and Dee Wallace, the pyscharitist, wow what a nail biter:vulcan: and the baby, cute the last scene in the hospital, with Spence holding the baby and he was the godfather;) and all of them, and Vegas again. really held my interest! A+

12. GregNickRyanFan

I knew Spencer's dad looked familiar! :lol:

The shrink was Dee Wallace? I knew she looked familiar and her name was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't think of it at the time. :lol:

Yeah, the sheriff was Xander Berkely who played Sheriff Rory Atwater on CSI. Man, he likes playing sheriffs. Wasn't he also a sheriff in Shanghai Noon? :lol: Or at least was trying to be lol.

13. athens

athens Coroner

New Criminal Minds fan here;).

I have been watching the show here and there,sometimes but not all of the episodes when they showed it on TV here.But now I am watcing it on DVD and I am starting the 3rd season already..

I really like it.The most of the storylines are good,some are a bit too violent but it's a really good show.I can't wait to catch up with the rest of you :)

14. GregNickRyanFan

They play repeats on Fridays on A&E if you have that channel. :) I think they're still showing Season One episodes.

15. athens

athens Coroner

I am not from the US if that's where the channel is;):cool:

But with the DVDs I can watch more episodes in just a few days.By next week I'll be finishing season 3 I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.