Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

Past shows:

Silbermond
    Enter Shikari
    LostAlone
    Panic At The Disco!
    The Sounds
    Pale
    My Chemical Romance
    Dinosaur Jr
    Misfits
    Heideroosjes
    Silverstein
    Blessthefall
    Dashboard Confessional
    Funeral For A Friend

Upcoming shows:

Fall Out Boy, 10/14/08
    3 Doors Down, 10/27/08
    Three Days Grace, 10/27/08
    Black Kids, 11/09/08

2. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

Rise Against, Staind, Papa Roach and lots of people sometime in the next month.

I need to decide who I'm going to see other than Rise Against, gah.

3. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Billy, Heideroosjes are so funny!

Ducky, I saw Iron Maiden too, at Sziget festival in Hungary. Man, I saw so many artists there. I saw these: Iron Maiden, Anti-Flag, MGMT, Flogging Molly, Alanis Morissette, The Kooks, The Presidents of the United States of America, Kaiser Chiefs, Jamiroquai, Sex Pistols, Róisín Murphy, Serj Tankian, R.E.M., The Wombats, Babyshambles, The Killers, Apocalyptica, Kraak & Smaak and José González. I

It was so awesome.

I also went to Dranouter Folk this summer and I saw Martha Wainwright again. Plus: Tori Amos, Loreena McKennitt, etc. etc.

Upcoming shows:
    16th of October: Martha Wainwright
    14th of November + 15th of November: London Calling, a festival with all kidns of English bands. One big party!

4. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

Do you know them?
    I saw them at the Misfits show in May. Heideroosjes were great, Misfits not. ;)

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I've only been to two concerts. First was Judas Priest, they were pretty good but I didn't find them amazing because I wasn't that into them.

Second was My Chemical Romance. That had to be the luckiest and unluckiest day ever. We got a crappy motel in Toronto, and my Mom and Dad had a huge fight. But just before the concert, some guy comes up with his wife and asks us if we want their floor tickets so they could sit up there! :eek: They only had two and there was four of us but my Mom and brother agreed that I could go to the floor with my Dad because I liked the band more than them. It was awesome being that close.

On the way back to the icky motel my Dad ran over a curb and got a flat tire. Luckily he's a mechanic so he didn't have that much trouble putting the spare on, until one of the tools broke. We ended up getting a tow truck, going to Canadian Tire, and getting a new tire all in Toronto before going home. So the concert itself was great, but the driving around was not.

6. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

Did they play a good show? When I saw My Chemical Romance the support band was much better.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yea, I loved them. We didn't even watch the support band, they screamed a lot, we could hear them from the hallways while we were waiting in line for t-shirts. >.< They sounded good to me.

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I was gonna go to the one in Toronto... if you're talking about 2 summers ago? But then I couldn't. :( I couldn't go to the London one, either. Just my luck. But that's awesome you got floor seats! :)

9. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

My first concert was the Garth Brooks concert in Memphis in May 1998. It was a combination High School graduation and birthday present. i was lucky in that the concert was close to both.

The next one i went too was the Chris Cagle concert when he came to UT Marting. That was awesome and I also got a craig morgan autograph after the show. Unfoturnately that's one of the pictures that my Mom lost.

The most recent concert was Rascal Flatts. That one has been by far the best i've been too. My mom, who normally has the worst luck imaginable, actually won tickets to it. I told her if they ever came back to Memphis we were going. I didn't care if we had to buy tickets or if they were won.

10. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Out of all the concerts I've ever been to, the best one by far was Duffy, which was two weeks ago. She may not entertain like JT does but wow, the voice she has makes me feel like nothing else in the world existed for that one hour. Plus, she's super sweet, charming & witty. The small, intimate venue made the whole show that much more enjoyable. I adore Duffy.

11. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Wow! I haven't been on talkcsi for AGES, but I saw Panic at the disco, the academy is and cobra starship in august and it was AWESOME. No wait, The Academy is and Cobra Starship were awesome, but panic...Nah! They weren't great. Oh well. It was still awesome!

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Lucky! Yes, I heard Panic isn't that good. :eek: I'd still love to see TAI and Cobra, though. I heard their shows are awesome. I love your icon, btw. I've used that pic on here too. :D

I'm not sure yet, but I might be seeing Rise Against when they come here. Hopefully.

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I have seen: Brad Paisley Rascal Flatts Blake Shelton Craig Morgan Eric Church Jason Aldean Josh Gracin Chris Cagle Billy Ray Cyrus Lee Greenwood Ronnie Milsap and probably more but I can't think of them right now.

The best part was that my dad knows the guy who books some of the acts, so I got to meet and have my picture taken with Craig Morgan, Eric Church, Jason Aldean, and Josh Gracin. They were some of the most exciting times of my life. :)

I've had tickets to go to see Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, and Clay Aiken (yeah, I know ;)) but I had to give the tickets away because I wasn't able to go. :(

14. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I've been to Melee, Meg & Dia, Marco Borsato and I'm going to see The Script in february! :D I remember postin 'I'm so jealous' here a while back, and now I'm going. :D

15. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

That was to me I saw them about 6 weeks ago and trust me you will love it! They are great live and get the adience to sing parts of the songs too. They really enjoyed our gig that night and so stayed late to re-play some of our fave songs! Btw Danny is even better looking in the flesh ;)