Episode 706 "Wrecking Crew" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Oct 18, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Haha in that pic of Ryan it looks like he's thinking "I feel like I'm on a roller coaster." :lol:

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw:The picture of Eric!! LOL!!!

Actually, they use boom mics on shows, so that was probably something else on Calleigh's back.

Ryan.....lol

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Oh, CSI:Miami, never stop rowing that failboat. You do it with such panache. The case was predictable but entertaining, and I enjoyed it despite all the histrionic melodrama. I was especially thrilled to see Horatio dusting of the white labcoat for a case not involving his sniveling, dim-witted progeny.

However...

I laughed myself sick at the magically appearing bridge/dock at the burial site of the hapless A.J. Horatio insisted, complete with dramatic intonation, that Mr. Mobster had buried his victim at the spot of his daughter's death. This sounds reasonable; in fact, it sounds like just the thing a vengeful mobster father would do.

There's just one problem:

THERE WAS NO BRIDGE/DOCK IN THE ORIGINAL FLASHBACK TO MOBSTER DAUGHTER'S TRAGIC DEATH OF TRAGICNESS. If there had been such a low bridge, there wouldn't have been room for a roaring bonfire, and Sophia wouldn't be dead because no one with a functioning braincell would've driven their ATV toward a bridge at full speed. If A.J. had done so, he would've been killed instantly by the high-speed courtship of concrete and skull or been decapitated outright. Damn those pesky laws of physics, always getting in the way of a good story.

That being said, I did sympathize with the son. Going into Witness Protection and surrendering everything that you were, being forced to renounce your former life and undertake one created for you by an impersonal government agency must be a traumatic experience, doubly so for a teenager who's still trying to discover himself. I could've slapped the mother for her incredulous, "We're your life. Your life was with us."

No, no, it really isn't. The entire purpose of parenthood is to raise a child so that it will eventually be an independent individual, with a life beyond its parents. At seventeen, that process is usually well underway, and thus, it should come as no surprise that the son had definite ideas and plans for his life that didn't include being unceremoniously uprooted and dragged God knows where like a house pet or life accessory. Jason did do the right thing by coming forward, but he and his wife did the absolute wrong thing by issuing a parental fiat and not expecting their son to have serious issues.

Aside from the Apparating Bridge of Handy Plot Contrivance and yet more superfluous editing didoes from the Grateful Dead Technical Institute of the Performing Arts and Really Righteous Bud, this was a hugely entertaining episode.

B+

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I really enjoyed this epiosde. I found myself laughing several times. This was one of the better eppies this season.

5. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Definatly the best eppie so far!! Emilys acting was amazing, didnt like that there wasnt any hiphugger scenes :( i didnt really like the way he went to touch her shoulder, and then didnt... i was thinking that surely we'd have a scene at the end of the eppie..but we didnt. :( I thought it was quite funny the way calleigh fell :lol: cant wait to see the next eppie, surely well get some E/C moments then :);)

6. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

*trying to not be shippery* It's really annoying and frustrating when you know two people are going to get together, but they won't show it. The baby steps they're taking are waaaay too small.

Once I download iTunes 8.0.0.0.0.0.1 I'm going to buy this episode.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Welcome to the Miami Forum! :D

Yeah I noticed that too and was a bit confused by that. The girl seemed to be on an open part of the beach.

Oh well, they can't get everything right. :rolleyes:

^^ About the Eric and Calleigh part, I was hoping they'd have a scene where they at least talked a little more about what happened in the building. I would have thought since Eric confided in Calleigh last season with the bullet wound/problems he was having at work that Calleigh would have done the same after the crane accident. (since they were both there when it happened) But it was a good way to show Calleigh on her own sort of dealing with everything.

Seems like the general consensus is that this episode wasn't too bad. :) Well done, Miami!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Wasn't too bad an episode. The actual plot about the crime was pretty lame, too many loopholes. Like it was mentioned, the bridge, the bloodstain in the boot of the BMW (duh Cal didn't need a hunch!), AJ being shot in the kneecap and being able to walk, the club closed down, how convenient, nobody bothered to look in the toilet the first time round?... I could go on.

The other parts were good. Ryan! I love him and he was funny Ryan again! The scene in the crane was sooo funny! :lol: Never knew he has a fear of heights. And the emptying the toilet with Nat scene was funny too.

Frank's back with his witty quipps. :D

And H in the lab with a totally cool new gadget.

A nice touch that both Eric and Ryan are concerned for Cal. I always enjoy CaRWash scenes.

The last scene between H and Joe Sallucci was great. When Joe talked about the difference between justice and the law. I wonder if he knew that H killed Riaz. And the scene where Joe was being taken away in the patrol car. When he looked at H, and H was looking at Kyle's photo. Very poigant.

IMO H actually feels sorry for having to put Joe away again. (Correct me if I'm wrong, he put him away the first time in 'Fade Out'?) H knows that if someone did that to Kyle and Kyle died, H would have done the exact same thing as Joe. I kinda like this darker H though.

9. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think Horatio would have done the same if it was the exact same situation, cause it was an accident. AJ didn't know she was there. She made the mistake of falling asleep on the beach. If someone purposely killed Kyle, Horatio would have their heads, that's for sure. :lol:

Isn't it interesting though that last week's CSI Vegas had a vengeful father enraged over his daughter's death and killing everyone involved and this week's Miami had a vengeful father enraged over his daughter's death and killing the responsible party? Hehe.

10. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

OK. CSI:Miami is going to have its Season 6 finale next week in Manila, and through the magic of the internet, I am current on all the episodes of Season 7.

This latest ep was refreshing, considering how it's been said that recent stories have gone over the top in terms of plot/plot holes/resolution or lack thereof and so on. I loved it - but then I have to be one of the easiest fan to please, so...yeah.

Anyway, my reactions (not really in order):

* OMG. O.M.G. No cliche/trademark H one-liner! Christmas came early to Miami this year! :)
    * Calleigh screaming out Eric's name. (breathing pauses)
    * Calleigh pleading with the witness to stay with her. (cue heart-pounding from audience=me)
    * Calleigh breaking into sobs after the witness drops. (cue urge to want to cuddle our steel magnolia)
    * Wondering why there couldn't have been a frame or two of Delko struggling to get out from under the debris - the sound of Calleigh crying must have driven him nuts!
    * Concluding that our man must have given our woman a hug or two off-screen. :)
    * Wondering what kind of magic clean stuff they used to get Delko all tidy after the showering of debris, because I want it.
    * Lab Coat!H! always brings a smile to my face. It is *so* nice to see the boss of the crime lab actually *in* the crime lab, and with high-tech, too!
    * "A recent acquisition," indeed. Wait till Mac and H have time to compare their labs and staff, haha.
    * Meeting the victim's family. The Slap. (wince) Oh, that was fierce, on all sides. Possibly the best dramatic moment of the show, the kind you show during awards ceremonies.
    * Ryan. Oh, Ryan...the lab's "baby", poor sweet laddie is so afraid of heights!
    * All these close-ups of Ryan's eyes keep reminding me of the episode with the nail gun...looks like his vision is just fine now!
    * Ryan and Natalia are so much love in their scenes together. It's so much fun to see Ryan taking on a "bossy mentor" role since Natalia is new to field work (I think?).
    * "You can find everything on the Internet...the only thing they don't tell you is what to do when things go wrong." Truer words were never spoken.
    * The actress playing the widow did a fantastic job of portraying a woman whose world has been totally shattered - she should get an award, it was briliant performance.
    * Wait, what? Where did the bridge come from? It wasn't there when Emma died two years ago...oh. Two years and one full-fledged bridge later, father avenges daughter. Damn, US construction crews sure work fast in Florida. :rolleyes: A bridge like that would take something more than that here.
    * Is that all we get to see of Frank? Bummer.
    * Calleigh in the morgue. (cue sighs and the fleeting thought that it echoes the endings in "Cold Case")
    * Tara got a lovely line about describing the signs of strangulation. (nods)

There's a bunch of other stuff, but I can't remember it now. Anyways, catch you all when I catch you!

11. GregNickRyanFan

I guess instead of "if you build it they will come" it was "if you come, they will build it" :lol: Funny thing? I don't think I've ever seen the movie from which that quote originated. :lol: