Grade 'Enough'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 5, 2008.

?

How would you grade Enough?

1. A+

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. A

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. B+

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

A

I loved it! I didn't see the twist with the lawyers coming, and I love it when I'm actually surprised, as opposed to indifferent or I saw it coming. I was so sure it was the brothers. I'm so glad it wasn't!

Love how hard Mac and Stella are working in their own ways to save Adam's job. Sometimes yelling and going all Alpha Male isn't the way to get things done, Mac--shocker! Loved Stella's solution. I hope the storyline isn't just dropped and we see Mac & co come up with a permanent one.

I, too, thought it was funny how Adam's job was the only one that mattered. Sorry, six redshirts! :eek:

Oh, Lindsay, I'm sure you've had plenty of bad sex--no doubt you scrunch your face up and hope it won't last longer than 10 minutes. It takes two to make it good, honey. ;) No doubt Lindsay is as joyless about sex as she is about everything else save for brown-nosing. :lol:

So good to see Angell back!!! I love her. She's sassy and witty and funny and just awesome. More Angell, please? :D

Wonder if Flack is going to be disappointed that Danny cancelled their Costa Rica vacation? :lol: ;) Their scenes together were adorable--I love how Flack tossed Danny his coat, and how Flack kicked the drug dealer off the swing...and Danny promptly sat down in it. These two should come to California and get married. Oh, wait.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stella, I love your solution. :D The vacation giving up scene was very cute. I hope Mac picked up the check for that Argentinean restaurant. ;)

Speaking of vacations...interesting that Danny and Lindsay were taking separate ones. Further proof that before it was decided to write baby in, they likely weren't together as a couple. ;)

2. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

A good episode but nothing really great.

Oh Adam...What is it about finally becoming a regular and part of the main credits? First, it was Sid going through that scare in the morgue. Now, it's Adam whose job was in jeopardy. :lol: It's like TPTB are yanking Robert and AJ's chains.

Anyway, I really like the scene when Adam went to Mac about being laid off and how he was "begging" Mac not to by spouting off his best traits. That was really cute and adorkable. :lol:

Flack and Hawkes making references to Scooby Doo was pretty funny.

Stella making that comment about wearing clean underwear was hilarious. I was cringing when Lindsay made that comment regarding bad sex. Totally eeeewwww! I didn't need to hear that.

Yay, Angell's back. I just love how tough she is. She can really hold her own with the best of the boys. I love her quip to Danny in the club about being glad that she's not a CSI. :lol:

Flack and Danny on a swing. Too cute. :lol:

I agree about Mac's self-righteousness being thrown into his face. I hate it when he gets self-righteous. It's exasperating and tiresome. That'll teach him not to promise anything he can't keep.

Ah, the lawyers did it. Why am I not surprised? It's pretty common for someone to be bright-eyed and hopeful at the start but then becomes quite cynical and hardened by what he's experienced in the legal profession. Oh well...BTW, I actually find lawyer jokes quite amusing. I'm self-deprecating that way. :lol:

It was actually nice of Stella to rally everyone in helping Adam keep his job.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

The episode was OK. Pissy Mac is always amusing to me. :lol: Poor Adam. Surely everyone wants a dedicated, quirky and handsome lab tech? :lol: I did feel bad for him when he overheard Stella saying that they couldn't get rid of the equipment to keep him. :( Whilst I did like that everyone gave up a week of vacation time for him, I'm not convinced that it's a great solution. Plus, what about the other 6 lab techs? Harsh, who's to say that Adam would be the one who would get to stay out of the seven of them? :lol: Still, none of that is actually important, what's great is that everyone loves Adam and would sacrifice their vacations for him! He is so adorable. And didn't they all have some great vacation plans? Which is weird because they always seem to be at work! :lol:

Lindsay has had plenty of bad sex? That line seemed so out of place, and just bizarre. I'm not sure if Lindsay usually makes references like that, but it was weird.

I love Angell, it was great to see her back. The scene where the girl kept calling her 'bitch' made me laugh, but other than that I didn't really find the humour from anyone amusing. I think parts of it were meant to be funny, and I'm not sure why, but I just didn't laugh. Maybe I need to watch it again. :lol:

It was an interesting episode, and as soon as I saw Maggie's three brothers I was pretty sure that they would be in the frame for the murders. I love that it was the lawyers. What the defendants did to Maggie was appalling, and I think it came across really well how disgusted everyone was with it.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I wish Adam had overheard all of the stuff Mac was saying about how much he means to the lab and how much they need him - rather than walking up right around the time Stella said Mac didn't have a choice but to get rid of him. Poor baby. *pet pet*

Interestingly, that was one of the things brought up in Monday's episode of Miami, too.

Promogate 2008! :p

There's only one X-Factor. ;)

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

It was weird. Maybe she's been spending too much creepy time with Sid.:lol:

I enjoyed this episode. Loved Danny and Flack on the swings. I thought AJ was great and I love that it was Stella who came through for him in the end.

I also loved how sympathetic the guys were when they thought the brothers did the deed, the same with how that understanding continued to a certain extent with the lawyers. My only gripe is that it highlighted for me just how unsympathetic they were in Commuted Sentences last season, it bothered me at the time and it bothered me even more after this episode.

6. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

lindsay's bad sex comment. OKAY. that was so crazy. i think they were trying to show her "funny" side. it got me in episode 4 with the dolls and flack. but this was just too weird lol.

angell is back! she was so good with danny. IMO she has this natural thing with danny. for me, if he's with lindsay, the scene is kind of tense whether or not they're talking. it has a different atmosphere. but with angell, he chills and they interact really well. oh well, maybe it's just me haha. and the scene with the hooker. classic. lol.

flack and danny in the swings = love <3

loved the last scenes. how each of them one by one approach mac and cancel their vacations just to help adam. aww <3 adam is going nowhere!! haha. and mac inviting stella to eat out. that was so sweet lol.

overall a good episode! i give in an A- :) *PS. no preview. is it available somewhere now?*

7. privatename

privatename Rookie

I really enjoyed this episode. I think it had great cast interactions and I was suprised by the ending as many of you were. I was really sad when I thought it was the brothers, but I did keep wondering how they could have gotten a hold of the guns. Me and Mac think alike :)

Loved the scene with the lawyer and Mac. The cockroach joke and Mac's comment that he is usually more charming.

The scene with Danny and Flack at the park was also great.

I also thought Lindsay's comment about having had a lot of bad sex was a little off. Not the kind of joke I expect in this show. It was too personal or something.

Top you crack me up.

As for Adam, I thought his scene with Mac was great. It was interesting because the promos for the local news (NYC) following the show had a major story about NYC cutting public services like police and fire and raising taxes because of budget issues. Talk about life imitating art :)

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I love you. :cool: You beat me to it! :lol:

Danny without glasses was somewhat odd. His glasses are such an integral part of his character, ya know? Removing them is like Danny changing from his tieless suits to his current, uhm, fashion. If TPTB's doing this in some desperate effort to make him less of a geek and more of a hot stud or whatever, it's a bad move. He's turning more and more into his actor, which is not a good thing considering how many fangirls already have a difficult time differentiating between the two. :brickwall: That alone is a sign the characterization is going down the drain. Either that or, ya know, some people just don't have that kind of smarts to figure out an actor isn't his character. :p I hope the lack of glasses is a temporary one.

Poor Adam. He was so woobie in this episode. I think only a person with stone for a heart would not feel a thing for him. Hell, Mac stood up for him numerous times! Well, Mac, I think you've made up for the nasty way you berated Adam in season four. Adam didn't deserve it, by the way.

Oh, and Danny and Flack on the swings? That is pure win. TPTB, I may be extremely disappointed in you for many things now, but at least it seems you've acknowledged how good Danny and Flack are together and you're putting their fantastic dynamic together to fine use!

9. LME

LME Police Officer

I tend to stay in 3 or 4 threads here ar TALK and I don't often go in to the other threads but I had to comment when I saw this. While I understand that you do not like Lindsay and that is very much your right, I have to say that I found the above comment a bit below the belt and I was quite offended. I sorry, but I just don't see this as constructive critism. Even if I wasn't a fan of Lindsay of this had been directly at a character that I did not like I truely believe that I would have been offended by it.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree about the Lindsay sex comment. It made me cringe; but then again a lot of things Lindsay says make me cringe. It really did seem like more of a Sid or even a Danny or Flack line. Actually I could see anyone else except Mac saying it and it being funny. Why they'd have Lindsay say it is pretty baffling. Not only was the delivery bad but it was just a :wtf: statement for the character. But then I guess she doesn't have enough of a personality to know what she would or wouldn't say. :p

On a side note, was anyone else waiting for Flack to make some comment about Danny not wearing his glasses? I thought for sure they'd stick some snarky comment in there somewhere and was really disappointed when it never came. :( :p

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'll have to watch it again, but I think even Stella looked a little surprised by it. :lol: I can totally imagine one of the others saying it, but from Lindsay is just seemed an odd comment to make.

I genuinely took the comment to be more humourous and jokey rather than anything else, of course you took it a different way, but I'm not sure why you would be offended on behalf of a fictional character.

I'm not sure that anyone needs to necessarily be constructively critical about a character, of course if it was a mention of the actor I think that would be different, but the character isn't real, so I don't see anything wrong with voicing any opinion on them, both positive and negative.

12. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

My guess is unlike the perps in season 4, Maggie's scars were more visable. Yes, rape is both a physical and emotional crime but in time MOST of the physical wounds heal, emotional ones... well, that's harder. But Maggie's wounds are not only visable, they'll be permant scars on her face. We always react more to what we can see and Maggie's injuries were definately more visable than the rape victim's. Just my option.

The lawyers was a twist I didn't see coming, I thought it was the brothers like most of us here did. But I can see where they're coming from. I can imagine having a viewpoint that you're going to help people in hard circumstances when you start, only to end up defending scumbags liek the guys in tonight's episode. After having to do that for a while, it most certainly does take a toll on you and I could see where they finally snapped.

13. LME

LME Police Officer

I am sorry, but I found it to be an unnecessarily crude comment, and I know I am not the only one who thinks this, but I lot of people are to scared to voice their opinions in this area.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The whole victim/martyr complex of "people can't voice their opinions so I'm stepping up and doing it for them" is really old. If people don't voice their opinions that is their issue and no one else's.

It's funny how Top can call Danny a "slut" and make other joking comments about characters' sexuality and no one says anything about her being "crude" but she makes a joke about the godess Lindsay maybe not being good in bed and she's offensive and people think she's being mean to a person who doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Lindsay isn't real. People need to stop taking things said about her so damn personally.

15. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

All due respect, this is an episode review. Keep the drama elsewhere, and more to the point, Lindsay ISN'T real, I don't get why some people are getting worked up over it.