Legend of the Seeker

Confessor

Civilian
Hey everyone, hope you don't mind if I make my first post this way, but I'm trying to help get the word out about a new TV show premiering this weekend. It's in syndication, so you might not have heard about it. It's called "Legend of the Seeker", and it's based on a fantasy novel series by Terry Goodkind ("Wizard's First Rule" etc.). Sam Raimi is producer. I'm hoping a lot of people will watch so it'll have a life!

See if you can find it on your schedule. There's a 2-hour premiere on Saturday, Nov. 1st. Some stations may run it on Sunday. The official site (http://www.legendoftheseeker.com) has a look-up where you can enter your Zip code and find the local time and station.

It's a sword-and-sorcery type adventure with some of the flavor of Lord of the Rings. If it sounds interesting to you, please tune in. Thanks!

Re: Legend of the Seeker - premiere this weekend

I've been planning on watching it! It sounds really good. It comes on Saturday at 6pm on the CW for me. Can't wait.

I get six local channels and about 70 cable channels and NONE of them will carry it.

From what I've been hearing, in most places it's on the CW station.

I noticed there's a preview on iTunes and that iTunes will be carrying it.

The website looks great! :thumbsup: I will definitely be watching this on Saturday. I'm actually about 200 pages into Wizard's First Rule and it's pretty good. It's long, but a friend of mine told me it really becomes un-put-downable after like page 300 or so.

I probably won't watch it, I watch some pretty strange stuff * cough * Supernatural * cough * but I can't bring myself to watch stuff about Wizards and Lord of the Rings. But everyone has different tastes :)

I never fully got into the LOTR trilogy. :eek: But this looks different, and I'm intrigued with the love story at the heart of it. I'm a sucker for forbidden love. :lol: :D

Confessor, you may want to add more content to your replies, because it is considered spam. Thanks!

Confessor, you may want to add more content to your replies, because it is considered spam. Thanks!

Oh sorry, don't want that! Sometimes I get multitasking and my mind kinda wanders... :lol: Anyway, I'm also a *cough* Supernatural *cough* fan too, and I've also gotten into Eleventh Hour. My Tivo's getting a workout!

The website's great. I think this show looks fantastic, if I was in the US I'd definitely tune in. :) I'm with Top, I'm a sucker for forbidden love too. :lol: :D

I watched it with my sister tonight (mom was in the room, but she kept wandering away :p) - it was pretty good. The scenery and costumes are gorgeous, the actors are great, and it's an interesting premise. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. I haven't read any of the books, so it's all new to me.

Forbidden love and such isn't really what draws me in (I mean, I generally assume they'll end up together regardless :lol:), but I'd like to learn more about Kahlan and the Confessors.

The show has a bit of a Lord of the Rings feel about it (due to the settings and costumes, as well as the quest-like nature of the story), and like LotR, it can tend to drag a bit. Still, I'll be tuning in. ;)

I was taking a look for it, since we get The CW up here too (Canada), but it didn't air. I wonder if it will show up on our "Space" channel sometime?

Just an FYI, if anyone gets Superstation WGN out of Chicago on their cable or satellite provider, 'Legend of the Seeker' pilot is airing again tonight (11/5) at 8:00pm Eastern.

Back