Fanfic Request/Ideas, Recommendation & Showcase

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Kaye, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: Fanfiction Request, Reccomendation, & Showcase

^ Cool, glad I helped somewhat. :)

canmom3, no worries. I hope you (or someone else) will find the story you're looking for.

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got a question about my new story, it called Disappearing Without A Trace, it sequel to 'The Vanished.'

I know this is PG-13, this story about Sara, Catherine, Nick, Warrick and Greg are kidnapped and disappearing without a Trace. Sara, Catherine and Nick will be sexuel assault (I think that what they called it.) or something. Shoud I put in the story or let Sara, Catherine and Nick tell their story about what's happened to them? What do you think? I need help and I won't put it M on it and I know the rules. I really appreciate it. Before I forget, the story I will be doing is PG-13

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My opinion is it might be better to have Sara, Catherine and Nick recount their story - assuming it's not graphic - You'll still get the issue/event across but it will save you from having to make people who may be uncomfortable with the subject-matter read it directly. There are ways to describe what happens in the story without it becoming too graphic either way. It depends what you hold back and how you lead the reader into assumptions about what happened. So I think as long as you don't go into extreme detail, it should be okay.

Hopefully this helps. However, you can always send a PM to sissi59100 (The Lovely Mod of Fan Fiction) or TBonz (The Board Boss).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Thanks, Speed Cochrane. I've decided to let them tell their story and I won't go in the graphic detail. I'm just going to put Torture and beat and I might not put Sexuel Assault in it. I haven't written it yet and I probably change my mind where I'm going with it.

5. peggyschultz

peggyschultz Civilian

Showcase

Title:
    I Blame You
    Author:
    Peggy Schultz
    Rating: PG (to be safe)
    Summary: As he walks into the lab Nick learns of a news report that scares him.
    Characters: Nick, Sara, Greg
    Warnings: This story was written as a friendship story, but if you want it to, it can read as a Nick/Greg pairing.
    Link: I Blame You

6. Minnyone

Minnyone Civilian

I'm not sure if you've since found the story, but the first part sounds like Where You Are by MsMaggs. If I remember right there's some YoBling in it. I don't remember a blackout and know for a fact the story is Nick/Greg so I'm thinking the part of a blackout is from another story.

Here's the link to Where You Are http://www.msmaggs.com/where.htm

7. HelpMe

HelpMe Civilian

I have a recommendation

Title: In Hell with Love
    Author: Jooleeahh
    Rating: T
    Summary: Missing people are often never found. Those who are found are rarely found alive. What happens when one member of the CSI team goes missing?
    Warnings: Character injury, Angst
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3355237/1/In_Hell_With_Love

I love this story especially the last few chapters. Its well-written and the emotions are portrayed quite well. Quite psychological. My only complaint is she takes a while to update. But I PM her and she says that she continue to write when time permits her. Recommended for fans of Sara and Nick Angst.

8. mimefan

mimefan Dead on Arrival

Ummm. I want to request a CSI:LV episode with a serial killer in a slasher movie convention. Must have at least 5 deaths in it.

9. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

*raises hand and jumps up and down*

I have a quuuueeeestioooon!!!!!

So, can we not post new threads on here?? I have a sweeet (ok, that's my personal opinion!) C.S.I fic in the works that I would LOVE some other C.S.I freak opinions on....can I PM it to one of you and see what you think the rating would be (at least so far) and whatever?
    Thanksies!
    Amb

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Hey, Okie dokie I'll try and go through your Questions one by one :)

1. Can you post a fic? Yes I thing you can post a new thread a any time, just click 'Forum Tools' in the Fanfiction Forum and then 'Post a New Thread'
    2. Rating? The board is PG-13 so Fic ratings must be within this.
    3. Can you PM? You have to have been a member for two weeks and have a minimum of 50 posts to send and receive PMs.

11. Shica

Shica Victim

Hey there!

I'm new to this community, and I've only watched the show from some reruns on a local cable station, but I'm totally hooked with CSI New York, specially with the lovely Det. Flack.

I've read lots of fanfics of the show over at ff.net and other sites, and i was wondering if anyone can recommend some fanfics that tell about Flack after the bomb, of him dealing with the effects of being blown up, either physical or psych, or something like that... Since from what I've seen of seasons 3 and 4, he doesn't seem to have suffered any effects from it...

Thanks in advance :)

12. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Hi! I am a big Nick Stokes fan and I love to write fanfic about our favorite guy...I would love to invite you to read some of my fanfics, I am currently writing Chicken Pox and would appreciate your reviews. Thank you!

Fanfiction.net

13. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Okay, I had to take a break from Chicken Pox but am working on a short fic(for me its short)...Last Drink Tonight....Nick and Greg are hit by a drunk driver and one CSI may never be the same.

Fanfiction.net

Hope you will read....thanks to Audrey2419 and Speedystokesgirl for your input...it means a lot to a writer! Thanks!

14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I normally just post them on here, but due to some more mature themes, I'm just gonna pimp this one here lol.

Check out my NY story, "Tangled". With life, some things fall into place while some things fall apart. The team struggles through a lot of things, usiing each other to lean on the entire time as everyone has a story. Eventual character death, ships to be revealed later on. Some spoilers here and there for Season 5, but I like it, so I hope you guys do too. :)

15. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Hey Guys, New to this thread and i'm a HUUUUGGGEEE Speedle, Talleigh, & Hiphuggers, Fan. I have pretty much read everything on Fanfic.net and I am rereading Speed/Calleigh community again to make sure I didn't miss anything! (but mostly because I thnk their great.) I would love it if anyone could either give me some differant Fanfic sites for anything to do with the above mentioned catigories.

I like anything drama, romance, or comedy. I will read any rating don't matter to me as long as it is well written and not to cartoony.

If you fill you would like to write something for me feel free to PM at anytime and I will send you my E-mail address and you can be my own personal author if you are not incliinded to post them for anyone else. I will give you honest reviews though because I take my Speedle seriously and he does have a certain sarcastic flavor to him that I like to see in my fics.(If you need an idea of what I mean read Speed-Cochrane's Roadtrip Fic)

If you are wanting to write a story about any of the Subject above and need an Idea or topic please feel free to PM me also. I am good at comming up with the plots and ideas, I just have hard time capturing them with the same flavor as some of the great Fanfic writers we and they never suit me. So please let know and have fun writing!