08 Presidential Elections

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Oh my goodness :(. I had no idea this had happened. My heart and prayers go out to the family.

The RNC shoudl be ashamed of themselves.

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Well I came back from voting about an hour ago. LOL I had an interesting experience. This crazy woman (not a poll worker) took it upon herself to make the line straighter...She kept saying we needed to unify and come together...hahahaha.... Everyone was laughing. Then she decided to let the P-Z people go, but she yelled at the top of her lungs, "I need P through 4!!!!"

LOL I laughed all the way home...

Anyway, there was a TON of people there. It's never been like that. I had to park at the Salvation Army next door. I didn't wait in line for 3 hours like I expected though. :) There were even more people when I walked out.

Anyway, what were your voting experiences like?

3. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Well today is the day!!! Election day is finally here. I'm not American so had less significance to me that alot of others but I am hugely intrested and excited about the outcome.

I've followed the campaign avidly for 12 months and have been completely enthralled in it, more so than any UK general election that I've participated in.

I am a huge news and 'live even't junkie so something like today .....well its like Christmas day to me. I completely understand and appreicate the unpresedented significance of this event. I'm only 23 years young and alot of my peers and even people alot older than me who I know are completely indifferent about this election.....each to their own I guess but today is history in the making and knowing how the way of the world was in my parents lifetimes in Barack Obama himself lifetime that he is on the verge of being the leader of the free world. It says alot of the people of America that in the 40/50 years when Black people couldn't even have a seat on a bus are now prepared to elect a black man as their president. I can see how people think that the colour of someones skin shouldn't be an issue and their right it shouldn't and in majority of peoples opinions it isn't but not so long ago it was an issue.

I'm in for a late nights over here in Britain. :wtf: First polls on the east coast close at midnight our time and the last polls in Alaska close at 6am on the 5th haha. I'm prepared to stay up and see it through. I have taken the day off work tomorrow so I can catch up on my sleep.

I don't know what channel to watch the results on....BBC or Sky News, CNBC, CNN or FOX. I think I'll flick to FOX when it becomes time to declare a democrat victory haha they'll not like that haha.

Anyway I hope everyone else enjoys election night. Its going to be a good one

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well depending on where you live, those are some good choices, I preferre Fox or CNN. But my favorite always has been is ABC world news, I loved it when Peter Jennings (may he RIP) would go into the night, and refused to call anything until he was certain. My second choice is FOX and third CNN. I live in Ohio so like I said it depends on where you live. ;)

5. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Me too June! I was out *student night* last nite till 5am got three hours sleep been goin all day and am gonna stay up and watch History in the Making! I am so excited and i'm not even American. Why is english politics so boring and cr*p.
    Good luck to both candidates but if I could vote Sen.Obama would be my next president. Vote America your opinion counts :D

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I enjoy english politics. ;) I often stay up late into the night when there's a general election here. I counted votes once, and it was great fun. I think the UK elections are more exciting when they are close. The Labour landslides of recent years have made the elections less interesting I guess. I'm looking forward to the next one. :D

I'm watching the US Election coverage on the BBC right now. Not sure how long I will last into the night. ;)

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

As of 11:00 pm est. ABC News, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CNBC, Politico Has projected

Barack Obama the 44th & first African AmericanPresident of the United States.

With over 300 votes (not all states called and the mark to win is 270).

McCain is giving his concession speech and he is sounding sincere, and giving credit to Obama and how he is a good man. And that he will help him in our time of need, and asking his supporters to come together and support Obama as the next president.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  8. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Well, it's official. Obama's got his electoral votes.

Blah. There goes the country. :(

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

OBAMA WINS!

Thank God!

I hate to see what the country would've been like with another republican in the White House! :rolleyes:

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm thankful too. Hopefully he makes good on his promises.

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

YES! Obama wins!

It's been hard being blue in a predominately red state.

McCain gave a very nice speech, and right now I'm waiting to hear Obama's before I finally get to bed.

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I'm so happy right now! I'm going to remember this for as long as I live. Haha, I'm not even in the states but I'm just so happy and have so much hope.

I think McCain's speach was awesome and it was really nice of him to mention Obama's grandma. It's a shame she had to pass but I know she's looking down on him right now. :)

13. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

This is exciting news and I'm glad to be apart of it. Obama has a lot of potential at being a great president, and I can't wait to see what will come of it.

:)

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

The eight-year nightmare is about to be over. Now, hopefully, the healing can begin!
    :D :D :D :D
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
    :D :D :D :D

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Couldn't agree more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.