Jake/Johnny #1: 'So Distracted By That Guy'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by _Calleigh_, Nov 2, 2006.

1. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

Yes, just a bit hotter. It's absolutely funny.

2. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

He is my favourite character in the show, and became one of my favourite actor. He's amazing!

Is there any news about coming back???? I'm just hoping....

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well, I'd be the happeist person of the world, if Jake came back.
    I always said & I'll always do: he's the most refreshing character of the show.

I saw Johnny for the first time in "GU" &, immediatly, I thought he's a very good actor, but CSI:Miami never gave him the best opportunity to show how good he is.
    I mean in the mean time I watched "Empire Records" & aww :adore: he was adorable together w/ Rory Cochrane.
    I also watched the episode of "Cold Case" w/ Johnny & "The Rainmaker"
    I wish they use him like they did in these shows/movies also on CSI:Miami.
    During s6 it looked like they didn't know if he was a good guy or a bad one.
    Whenever there was a good action, then the bad one came. Whenever he did something bad, then he did something good.
    In "Resurrection" they finally decided to turn him as good guy 100% who did something good for both the case & Cal. Gosh I think it was a bit too late even if I loved it.
    Anyway I think he's one of the best actors I have ever saw. He can be whoever he wants in no time.

Since you talked about Jim Carrey, yesterday I watched "The Truman Show" & I don't know why, but I thought Johnny can easily portray a new Truman. He's very good at playing every kind of people & I think it would be a very nice role for him.

Anway I'll give you aPic

4. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

I'm just wondering how great it was, if he had an own show. For example he could be a private investigator, something dark but funny I think! It would be an awesome show, I'd love it!!! :D:D:D

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

The only movie with a comic role for Johnny I watched was "Empire Records". Well it wasn't a comic movie:p, it was a comedy, but still I thought that Johnny would be perfect for a comic role.
    Have you ever watched "Buffy"? Well I think Johnny could easily play a role like the one of Spike, the vampire:lol:. He looks so dark outside but I know he such a sweetheart inside;)

6. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

Yeah! I thought something like Spike! Absolutely!!!! Dark, but funny!!! Yeah!!!!
    (Anyway he (Spike) was always my favourite character from Buffy!!!! I loved him!!!)
    Or I could imagine a role like Keanu's Constantine, it would be perfect for him!!!

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Gosh I've never wathced Constantine:scream:.

Anyway I just popped in since today is Johnny's Birthday:beer:
    Let's put up a big party.
    [​IMG]
    Happy Birthday Johnny!
    WOW it's also Halloween, it looks like he's a sort of Count Dracula:guffaw:

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:beer: Happy Birthday Johnny!!!
    Pssst...when you blow out your candles, wish for Jake to come back to us!! :p

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

It was just a little suggestion, wasn't it? :p

Ok right now I don't want this thread dye just because we can't see him on thsi show.
    I want this thread to stay alive:p
    [​IMG]

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I've only seen Jake a few times but wow, hot! :drool: There is just something about him. I'm trying to remember which episode it is that I just watched. Something with models being bid on and he was there had a girl working undercover with him. He looked sooo hot! They need to bring him back more!

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh yeah that episode was 5X09 "Going Going Gone" where he worked as a normal cop with a girl, the victim of the ep, who helped him during this investigation.
    I think that one of his best episode 'cause it showed part of his real character, a cop who always wants to get the target no matter how he does it, but deep down his hear he's a person who cares for other people as it happened when, in the same episode, the terrorist shot Calleigh, thank god for the kevlar.
    Plus his dialogues with Calleigh cracked me up.
    IMO, s5 was his best season, though I would have avoided an episode like "Internal Affairs" for his character since everyone started to hate him from it.
    Plus during s5 we saw his muscles on his arms and chest :drool:
    [​IMG]

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

did anyone see the corey miller interview? He was asked if Jake would be back and he said he liked Jake/Johnny and would love to have him back on the show if the storyline permits it. :)

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well in every email I recieved from Corey he mentioned how he wanted Jake back on CSI:Miami 'cause he always enjoyed his character;).
    I'm really glad to read an interview like this because seriously nobody mentioned how useful is for the show Jake's character.

And here's my question :lol:
    Do you think they're fianally gonna bring him back? If yes, what kind of stoyline you think would be better for his return?

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I definitely think there's a lot of potential to bring him back and finalize the storyline between him and the gang. (whether or not he's going to end up dead or not, etc.)

I'd like to see a couple of things. Maybe (and the first bit is morbid :p) the team finding him dead somewhere and having to solve his murder--of course the main suspects being the gang he was affiliated with during his undercover time. And perhaps the murderer(s) turning out to be the people who sent him undercover in the first place--ie: the cops. I'm sure there's still some corruption left in Miami so why not start with the department itself? :p

Or maybe we get to see what Horatio was talking about when he told Jake that if he goes down 'that road', he might never come back. It would be interesting if we started to see Jake falling down a serious path of drug addiction and crime (instead of an implication :rolleyes: Either give us the goods or don't bother mentioning it; sometimes this show makes me impatient). I'm not sure if the last time we saw him was an indication of that but despite him helping out Calleigh & the investigation, I got the feeling he's leaning toward that life.

Unless perhaps they want to give themselves a good baddie for a change and have Jake be the person they're after. Nothing says drama like a good cop turned bad. :devil: Of course we're left with the options of either Horatio blowing him away or an epiphany for Jake as he's hauled away to get out of the lifestyle he got himself into--this is assuming by this point that he's gone AWOL and crazy homocidal. :lol:

I just think he would do the bad guy thing really well, but not a cardboard bad guy. He could add some really twisted/deep elements to that which would be neat to see because he's so dynamic.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't want them to make Jake a villian or a drug abuser, etc. To me, that would be as bad as making Ryan a bad guy (Jake is one of my faves). I would hate it and it would come very close to force me to stop watching the show. As for him being killed and the gang being suspect numero uno and the real killers being the cops that put him undercover, that would be okay though I prefer they didn't kill him off. Maybe he could fake his death like Ray did (with the foreshadowing about him being like Ray) only his story would have a happy ending in that he doesn't actually get killed later on like Ray did. But as for the cops killing him, they could do a story where he found out they were dirty and was going to blow the whistle on them and they killed him to keep him from doing so. Though like I said, I really really prefer they don't kill him off OR make him bad (in any way). I like the rebelious part of his personality, but only to an extent. In the good rebelious way, not the bad.