Mac - Can he truly Love, or has he forgotton?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ericisacutie, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Well ya'll, it's been a longggggg time since I've posted here, I sure have missed everyone, but somewhere in between getting a job and a vacation I haven't had time to come around. I hope to visit more often now though, so.... I have a fresh fan fic for you guys, and I hope you like it. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 1

Mac was drinking his morning cup of coffee when his phone rang.
    “Hey Mac, there’s been a double homicide on 14th and Broadway, I’ve already called everyone else.”

“Everyone else?” Mac asked slowly.

“Yeah…… We’re gonna need them, it’s pretty messy,” Det. Flack said softly.

Mac sat his coffee cup down and straightened his tie as he said, “Alright then…. I‘m on my way.”

Twenty minutes later Mac pulled into the driveway of 14th and Broadway, all the rest of the CSI’s were already there, and of course so was Flack.

Stella and Danny walked up to Mac as he asked, “So, what’s the case?”

“Two bodies three victims,” Danny answered.

“What?” Mac asked confused.

Stella stopped walking as she said, “Richard and Miranda Hutson are dead. Mr. Hutson was found shot multiple times at the bottom of the stair case in their home. Mrs. Hutson was found shot what appears only once in her head. ……. It’s bad though Mac, there’s blood everywhere.”

“Danny said three victims, whose the third then?”

“Well, we’re assuming it’s there daughter. A third pile of blood was found in a girls bedroom on the second floor right by the bed. There’s a family picture on a dresser in the room that says Mom, Dad and Sara. The girl looks to be about 15 in the photo and she’s no where around.”

Mac nodded at Danny as he said, “Alright, it looks like Flack was right, we are going to need everyone on this case. We have are work cut out for us, and first, if that girl is alive, we have to find her. She may be our only witness.”

----------------------------
    TBC

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

interesting start...I'm curious where you take it :)

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Agree with Melly, great start i'll definatly be coming back for more- i love Mac fics :D

4. ericisacutie

Chapter 2
    ------------------------
    Mac, Danny and Stella all walked into the house and Mac froze immediately. There really was blood splatter EVERYWHERE!

Stella looked at Mac for a minute. She was puzzled by the look on his face, she didn’t see it very often, so she wasn’t really use to it.

“Hey Mac, you alright?” she asked.

Mac looked around as he answered, “Yeah……. We best get started.”
    He walked toward the bottom of the stairs where Flack was standing, Stella just watched.

“Hey Don, besides the part of three victims and only two bodies, what should I know here?”

“Well, I’m assuming Stella and Messer filled you in on the pile of blood by the bed up stairs, Monroe’s processing that right now. I talked to all of Mr. and Mrs. Hutson’s neighbors, only one of them said they saw something, and that’s the same one who called in saying he heard gun shots.”

“What did he say he saw?”

Flack started flipping through his notes as he said, “He said he saw a man in a hood walking out of the house with the Hutson’s daughter at about 6:30 this morning. He said she looked injured, and that the man in the hood had what seemed like a firm grip on her arm.”

“So she was obviously alive when they left the scene two hours ago. Injured though, did he say how?” Mac asked concernedly.

“Nope, I asked him, but he couldn’t see anything in particular.”

Mac nodded.

“Alright, thanks Don.”

“Sure thing,” Flack answered, then he walked outside. Mac started walking up stairs carefully as Sheldon was working on the woman’s body at the top. He turned the corner and walked into the bedroom Lindsay was working in.

Lindsay looked over at him and gave him a very slight smile, more of a depressed one actually. Mac returned the same kind of smile and then walked over beside her.

She stood up and said slowly, “For some reason….. these kind of cases never get easier for me. I wish I could just forget my past.”

Mac rubbed Lindsay’s arm as he said, “You can’t.”

Lindsay nodded, “I know.”

“She could still be alive,” Mac added. He didn’t sound to positive about that, but he was trying to make Lindsay feel better. He was hoping that girl was alive, but he wasn’t holding his breath. He had seen too many cases like this in the past, he knew the odds that they would find her alive weren’t very high, but he was hoping.

Lindsay closed her eyes as she said, “…….She could be, but even if she is, her parents…….”

“I know…..” Mac said softly still trying to comfort Lindsay.

Lindsay tried to shake her emotions off for the moment, she hated getting that way in front of Mac. She turned her back to him and headed for the door as she said, “I’m going to get this stuff back to the lab, see if the DNA from the blood pile matches the hair on that hairbrush I found on the dresser.”

She didn’t wait for Mac to even answer, she just took off.

About the time Lindsay was completely out of sight the phone in the girls bedroom started ringing, Mac turned to look at it. He was trying to decide if he should answer it or not, he let it ring…. And ring.. And ring some more. Finally the answering machine picked up and this is what Mac heard…..

“What’s the matter? Is Detective Taylor afraid to answer the phone? Don’t you want to talk to Sara? I know she’s dying to talk to you….. I mean, almost literally even.”

Mac’s eyes grew larger, and just as he was about to pick up the phone there was a huge shattering sound and the window next to the phone shattered everywhere. Pieces flew in every direction, including into Mac. He ducked and covered the best he could but didn’t manage to avoid all of it………..
    --------------------------
    TBC

5. MacsGirlMel

ack more more what happened?

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Wow! that was great, great update ;)

7. ericisacutie

Thanks for reading guys! I'm glad you like it! :)

Chapter 3
    ------------------------------------
    Five seconds later Danny, Stella and Flack all came running in the room. Right above Mac’s eye and his hand was bleeding. Stella rushed over to his side as Flack and Danny both pulled their guns out and slowly looked through the window.

Stella pulled on a glove and gently removed the shard of glass from the top of Mac’s hand as he began explaining what the message that was just left had said. He was acting like he felt no pain what so ever as he said, “That girl’s still alive…… we need to find her.”

Flack took a couple steps toward Mac as he said, “We’re trying Mac, I have a whole team out there looking for her, but we can only do so much.”

“I think you should go to the doctor Mac and have this cut looked at,” Stella added right after Flack had finished.

Mac shook his head to the side as he pulled away from Stella’s care and said, “I don’t need a doctor, I’m okay.”

Stella just glared at Mac.

“I swear.”
    ……………………………….....................

Over the next couple of hours they finished processing the crime scene and they all headed back to the lab to get results. Mac was re wrapping his hand in the break room as Lindsay walked in.

“I heard what happened, are you alright?” Lindsay asked worriedly.

“I’m fine Lindsay, what did you find out?”

Lindsay sat down next to Mac as she said, “The blood in Sara’s room and the hair on the brush are a match. They’re both hers.”

Mac nodded and began to stand. Just as he did though his cell rang. He took it out of his pocket and saw an unfamiliar number. He looked at Lindsay and said quickly, “See if Adam and Sheldon can track where the caller is from, I’ll try and keep him talking as long as possible. Hurry!”

Lindsay ran out of the break room as Mac answered.

“Hello?”

“Mac, how’s my glass catcher doing? Is your hand and face okay?”

“How do you know……”
    There was a slight pause.
    “Because, I can see everything.”

“I knew you were the one who broke the window.”

“Ah, very good Taylor, you’re learning.”

“How do you know who I am? Have we met before?”

“I guess you could say that…. I know your whole team, I hope you know where they all are……”

Mac walked out into the hall and looked around as he said, “Who are you!”

“Oh, I’m so sorry Detective, I never did introduce myself, how rude of me….. Oh well, I’ll get over it.”

“Quit playing games with me! Where’s Sara?!?!”

The man on the phone chuckled a little as he said, “With me of course. But not for long, I think I’ll leave her somewhere where a lot worse things could happen to her, I mean I think I’ve already done my share, why be selfish.”

Right after he finished saying that, Mac heard a scream in the back ground and then a girls voice yelling, “Detective Taylor, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!”

Right after Mac heard her yelling for his help, he heard her scream again and the phone fell silent. He slammed his phone shut and then raced his way into the room where Adam and Hawlks were.

“Did you get it! Where are they?” Mac demanded, not realizing how mean he sounded.

Adam handed Mac a piece of paper, not saying anything. Mac looked at it and then rushed back out of the room. He ran down the hallway and grabbed Danny and Stella on his way out.

They jumped in their vehicles and Mac called Flack to meet them at the address that was on the paper Adam had given.

Mac wasn’t sure what they were going to find, but all he was hoping now was that he would find that girl alive………
    ------------------------------------
    TBC

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

wow what a story. i just love this story, good job:) awesome

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I cant wait! *sits patiently*

10. MacsGirlMel

*has no patience* more more!

btw it's Hawkes