Grade 'Sex, Lies and Silicone'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 22, 2008.

?

How would you grade Sex, Lies, and Silicone?

1. A+

23 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. A

35 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode. It made me laugh. It sort of reminded me of the older CSI LV cases from season 4.

First, Flack.. OMG you KNEW Eddie Cahill was having way to much fun with the doll storyline. I love Flack. He's total eye candy, snarky, sexy and a damn good cop. This storyline was made for him.

And... just when I was ready to write Lindsay off due to the horrifying spoilers between her and Danny, she surprises me. I truely think they created that scene between her and Flack just to give her some notariaty. So she's not knows as just Danny's new bed buddy. :rolleyes:

The doll storyline was creepy and funny and actually very cleaver.
    How it fit into the rest of the case was very cleaver as well.

Now onto the heavy part dealing with Sinclar, Mac and the lab.
    Well, being a Mac fan, I always love BroodingMac! To me he's just so danm sexy..
    But, too much Mac can spoil the show. This was just the right mix of Mac's quest for justice and the realities of the state of the economy today. Times are tough, budgets get slashed, it's reality. But, on Mac's defense I agree with his concern for the crime lab's security. Because during a budget crunch, who wants to spend millions more $$$$ trying to recover evidence that was stolen due to lack of security. Or worse yet, have suspects go free because of it.

I'm really impressed with Sheldon. He hasn't had much of a storyline since season 3 I do believe. I haven't seen every CSI NY episode but I do remember his dealings with a doctor about when Sheldon was in the ME's office or something.
    His preformance was outstanding. He proved that just because he works for the city in the crime lab that he couldn't be bought off. GOOD FOR HIM. AND Sheldon did it for him, not for Mac or the Lab. He did it for himself and that's what makes it even better.

Overall.. An A. At first I though this was going to be the same storyline as LV.. but the writers surprised me.
    Season 5 is starting out to be enjoyable. :D

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I re-watched the episode tonight (I should have watched Supernatural, which I taped while I watched CSI, but I wanted to re-watch NY with my mom - which didn't work out so well because she fell asleep *sigh* :p), and I thought of a few things.

1) I wonder if Sheldon and/or Mac will be under suspicion if (or should I say when) whatever is on that flash drive gets released? Mac told Sinclair that he read what was on it, and Sheldon told that bastard Greg that he read it as well. (Didn't Mac question Sheldon a bit last season when the e-mail thing with Sinclair came up? I mean, if Mac would suspect Sheldon, even for a second...) I'm sure they'd quickly get them off the hook, but I do wonder if it will be significant that they read the files.

2) Um, just how many women has Adam encountered in real life? Because while those silicone dolls are snazzy and all, they really don't look that real. In fact, their faces freaked me out. Perhaps it's the vapid expression and the lax mouth (ready for you to remove the tongue whenever necessary *shudder*).

3) OMG I SAW AN ASIAN PERSON!!1! :eek: He walked by in one of the scenes with Sheldon and Greg. I totally had to rewind to see if my eyes had deceived me. Are they letting minorities into Manhattan a few at a time now or something?

There have been a few scenes where he seemed to perhaps have a little crush on her, but I don't think it was anything quite so obvious as the stuff in this episode. Hopefully they won't put a scene in every episode now - it's cute, but we don't need them to beat us over the head with it.

3. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I noticed that, too! :lol: I literally laughed out loud when Flack beat his shamelessly hasty retreat the second a pissy looking Sinclair stomped into the room. Loved the split second acknowlegement of it from Mac, too, as he quickly glanced over his shoulder at Flack slinking away, probably to shoot him that steely green-eyed glare of his (although Mac's not totally without humor, I'm sure he secretly figured he'd do the exact same thing, if he were Flack). Lots of fun little nuances, in this episode.

And I forgot to mention Lindsay and Flack's "Doll Scene" in my first post. It caught me off guard as a totally unexpected thing coming from Lindsay, especially between she and Flack, since they're not paired up very often, so I found that part of it quite funny. In more capable hands it could have been brilliant, but overall, I thought it worked. :) I'm sure the more casual viewer might have found it pretty damn hilarious, but I (well, we, on this board) tend to dissect scenes, dialogue & overall acting chops more than the casual viewer, being more-than-casual fans. (Okay, I'm leaving it there, before this dialogue starts getting awkward... :lol: )

4. scheriinh

scheriinh Hit and Run

i love the scene between lindsay and flack, it was funny and unexpected,coming from her and flacks comeback " i'll get you for that monroe.big time" LOL wonder what flack is thinking for retribution?overall,this is a good episode,i think i will give it an A-

5. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I think there've been several scenes that might have hinted that Adam had a little bit of a crush on her, like the scene when he tells her he's glad she's okay in RND, and just several instances when he seems more-so awkward or bashful when she is around. It might have just been the way AJ chose to play Adam, but maybe it was contrived a while back and they just went with it. But it did seem to especially stand out in this episode...I hope the writers didn't just notice the chemistry the two of them might have and decide to push them together. Even if Adam does have his crush on Stella, I really don't need to see another poorly contrived romance on CSINY...

6. CSI_GEEK_GIRL

CSI_GEEK_GIRL Victim

I know I am a few days late here, but I thought Sex Lies and Silicone was a great episode! Eddie and Carmine were great as always!! And the subject matter worked so well with their smartass natures. Can't wait to see the next episode! Oh yeah, no more taking a week off for political nonsense!

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I can't believe I forgot to mention my other favorite part: when Danny and Flack are in Ann Steele's building and Flack mentions the "super" and Danny corrects him by saying in buildings this nice "they're called concierges." The cutest thing ever? Danny mispronounces concierges. :lol:

8. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

9. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

I loved this episode.
    I actually gave it an A+.

I realy dont like lindsay but in this episode she was awsome.
    She gets an + in my book.
    Hope they can give her more scene like that.
    Danny + Flack hot as always..
    And adam i soooo cute. ohh you had a eyelash.. :wtf:
    Stella and lindsay whit the doll and adam coming in.
    So interested to.. " can i touch it?" hahaha

And poor hawks.. and his "friend" are soo more younger then him..
    he was an a****s to..

Sinclair and mac. mm it was ok. i dont like Sinclair at all..
    and it was good that it wasnt all mac this time.
    he had 2 earlier episodes with just mac storyline..

10. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

All in all, I think it was a good episode, enjoyed it a lot! Flack was at the top of his game with the snark, and the way he plays off Danny is pure gold. Lindsay's surprising scene with Flack was fun - and the writers better make sure he gets his payback time!

The scene that really had me laughing was when Adam was lurking around Lindsay and Stella while they were going over the doll. So absorbed in it that he would forget himself enough to ask to touch the evidence - and Stella's exasperated exclamation really woke him up!

On the serious side, it was nice to see Mac drop his antagonism against Sinclair and offer the man some sympathy. Ironic, wasn't it, to hear Mac say he consigned the flash drive to the warehouse for "everyone's" safety/security - only for us to see the drive get stolen in the one place where it should have been most secure (shades of The X-Files...and Indiana Jones, though no one stole the Ark).

Sheldon rocked the episode from the moment he showed up. :) He better get some more stories or another arc, we don't see enough of him as it is. Speaking of which, it was nice to see Sid in action, too - that's something I haven't encountered (or maybe I need to review those DVDs one more time).

Looking forward to the next episode!

11. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

I love this episode, it was funny, very funny and also great.
    IMO the Lindsay/Flack scene was awesome, I adored it. It made me laugh. :D:D

12. CSINYFanZ

CSINYFanZ Victim

Lol the part when Danny said, "rubber doll" and then Flack corrected him was funny and the other part when Flack and Lindsay were talking when he was uhm whats the word.... rolling the doll i guess?
    Lol

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

It was a good episode but I thought it was a bit slow maybe it's just me anyway I gave it a B.:)

14. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I'm not going to say anything else new to what anybody else has posted, and I have to make this quick being my computer is acting goofy. (Misses her ploppy the computer)

Few quick hits, great episode, it was good had you still guessing as to who the heck and why. Flack, wow he's just the freaking man. Anytime he comes on its like "yeah listen to me I'm funny and hot and I can arch my eyebrow good"

Lindsey wasn't as annoying as I usually find her to be, I hope some how they can keep that going....

I liked the scene where Adam did the eyelash thing. Only because that's something I'd do because I'm ADHD it's like "hey look that OO A BUNNY!"

All in all loved this eppy and to me Flack owned this eppy

15. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Grade = B+

From a writing perspective, I thought this episode was well-constructed and balanced. Using the doll plot to bring in some humor and also expose clues in the main case was cleverly done. And considering the number of characters involved, the writers still managed to give all the main cast and guests meaningful scenes. In addition, they introduced some plotlines (missing lipstick drive, budget cuts, etc.) that can be expanded upon in future episodes.

As others mentioned, this episode seemed tailor-made for Flack's sarcastic wit, and he had some good scenes with Danny and also with Lindsay and the guy who had a family of dolls. Hawkes had some standout scenes, too. I also wish they could've gone a little deeper with his storyline, but he did well with what he got, and we did get to see more of his personality as well as a good action sequence.

I also liked the scenes between Mac and Sinclair. I'm glad Sinclair is not written as the totally "evil" boss. His motivations have been complex enough that when he shows up, it's not entirely clear if he will be an ally or enemy. I wonder what his actual history with Mac has been -- they each seem to go back-n-forth between addressing the other by first name or by last name. The last scene together was interesting -- a moment of commonality -- both men having "lost" a spouse but in very different ways.

Despite the humor in the doll storyline, I didn't buy into it completely. Did they really locate the original hair donor by doing some type of isotope analysis?:confused: Also, the dolls themselves didn't look "realistic" to me at all, so I had a hard time believing that the men, including Adam, seemed so fascinated by them, and that aspect took me out of the story a few times.

That brings me to the Adam/Stella eyelash scene. I didn't really laugh at that one....I felt more puzzled than anything else. Was this scene supposed to be another example of Adam being socially awkward and not quite knowing how to address the situation OR was this an indication that Adam "likes" Stella and couldn't quite control the impulse to touch her face? I hope it wasn't the latter. Adam is a fun, quirky character, but as much as they like to portray him as awkward and at times a bit school boy-ish, he is still a grown man and should know that something like that really isn't appropriate. I don't mind the "Adam has a crush on Stella" element if they keep it light-hearted and low key, but if the writers push this too hard or try to make it "serious," they possibly risk making Adam look pathetic.