The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Yikes. This was all the way down the bottom of the page. The Love should be at the top of the list (and TPTB's list at that).

You know, I'm not sure what I dislike more about TPTB - the fact that they haven't given us much in the way of The Love and that we know it will never happen, or the fact that I have an inkling that if it ever did happen, it would go the way of GSR and YoBling - either one of them will leave or wind up dead. I don't want either!

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That's why I would rather leave it to my own imagination (and fanfic) because I know that TPTB would screw it up somehow. I would rather it didn't happen then have to put up with the frustration of watching them break up because of lack of communication or one of them cheated on the other or God forbid one of them dies or runs away from Vegas like a dog with his tail between his legs.

3. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Good catch, DFraMckey! They are wearing the same shirt and sweater.

"It smells like him"...AWWWWW....How romantic!!! :adore: Sharing clothes, wearing a similar hair style... are always very couply things...;)

It seems that Nick and Greg like to share their clothes, or at least wearing very very similar outfits. Just a few samples:

The ugly green shirt from "Pledging Mr Johnson":

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Diesel jacket:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I love their sharing of clothes :D Isn't there another top that they both had?

I agree with Wojowolf and Clarissani that TPTB could possibly mess up the Love somehow, which is why I'd be quite apprehensive about them becoming canon ( i think i wrote something a couple of pages back :)) that possibly they could try and push the love onto people if they decided to go with it, and it wouldn't feel right. Although, they'd need to do some serious screwign up.

5. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Ah the great sharing clothes discussion. So much evidence of this over the seasons. Honestly say I did not notice the sweater similarities, glad to see this as recent as last season. We have had reoccurring red shirts, and a shirt that Nicky wore in Little Murder that was most def Greggo's. Also think there has been a similar black polo that both boys have worn as well. DFraMacKey i love the idea of Nicky wearing the sweater cause it smells like Greggo. Thats totally a couple thing to do so awesome.

Thanks for th article blackflag. I'm so happy for David Rambo and his partner that they can finally get married. Hopefully this will have some influence on the writers canon couples. :)

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Exactly. TPTB thinks if they made a couple, they need to write for them some angst scenario. And why? It's only for screwing it up. In this they have really big talent:rolleyes: Personally I like drama and angst but only when ending will be happy for boys. So better when Love will stay in our imaginations and fanfics. Actors and writers need to only give us nice subtext (but I'd rather some obvious, lol):devil:

When I saw this two green shirts... Definitely they were in the same shop:lol: But why they needed to buy so ugly ones? Why? lol.
    Like MsCC said, we have so many clothes similarities. But that's hours of processing evidences, lol.

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Hey ppl!

Long time no see!!!

Well wow, so much conversations that has taken place (Sorry for my absence! my course is eating into my life lol)

Rings- yeah I can see how both Nick and Greg might wear the rings on the left hand, as seabird mentioned.

Shirts- yeah over the period of the show, they have been seen in each others clothes.

I do think (that sometimes), TPTB would really mess up Nick and Greg! But isnt it about time though, that they came out? Come out loud and proud boys! But the thing is, that we dont need TPTB to make them all of a sudden angsty or sulky or jealous etc.

We've seen Nick and Greg jealous (on seperate times)
    we've also seen Nick declare his love for Greg (more than twice)
    Greg declaring his love for Nick ( twice maybe?)

Subtexts can sometimes be better than seeing it on the screen, but for equality in relationships, (if Nick or Greg were straight), then at least it would be hinted at though right?, but not dismissed just cause they're gay?

Is that fair?

I've probably missed loads of topics, sorry! and hello to any newbies and welcome to the thread!!!, and hey to the old timers, have you missed me???? No?

Blah!

8. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Mr Rambo and his partner~ congrats.

Welcome any newbies since last time I was on.

I feel a bit bad and stupid that I thought that Nicky was wearing a reg. ring in the premiere. But meaning of him wearing it on his right hand made me feel better.

I always smile when the boys seem to be wearing each other's clothes or similar ones. I think there was a plain red t-shirt that Nicky has worn that Greg has worn. And I could be wrong but I think the shirt on Greggo seemed stretched out and so the thought was b/c of Nicky being so buff it was big on Greggo.

Dont know who can answer this for me but we had a thing going for Love fans to write a max 500 word story about how the boys got together or for it to be revealed that they are together and its has to be G or PG rated. What is going on with that?? B/c if I recall correctly that as well as poems, etc was going to be sent to show that there *are* fans that belive and support the idea of 2 men being a couple. And maybe we can send them to Mr. Rambo(if he is still a writer for the show).

Back to moments of the boys. There was also that moment last season in which the boys seem to share or cathc each others cold. Likely due to one of them not being able to resist making out with the other! :thumbsup::devil:;)

9. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Yeah yeah. With lots of the clothes they look as sharing that seems to happen. I think it became more apparent since Greggo started working in the field. Where as when he was in the lab he always had he lab coat on over various shirts. In the season four episode Dead Ringer we see Greggo in a long sleeved blue shirt that looks almost to big on him. Most def a shirt of Nicky's he borrowed. And we get the opposite effect on Nicky. That Greggo's shirts would be snug across the chest and such.

Also welcome to all the newbies, I forgot to add that to my post yesterday.

10. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

The more I look at that pic, the more I like it.

The scorching chemistry between the boys is undeniable. Nick and Greg burn up the scene everytime they are together...No wonder why TPTB would be afraid to give Nick/Greg more screentime....;)

Am I the only one here who thinks that the new girl, Riley, could steal screentime from Nick/Greg? From what I'm reading, she's going to work ALOT with Greg this season, cases that probably, after years of trying to keep them apart, Nick and Greg could finally work together if she wasn't there...! :scream:

They shouldn't ignore this ship anymore. It's SO OBVIOUS that Nick and Greg have a special connection that goes beyond the words....Like in that scene at the top of the stairs from "Empty Eyes" that someone mentioned earlier.

Or this scene where Nick and Greg are looking at each other in "Dead Doll":

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

As much as I look forward to Riley I must admit that I'm also more than anxious about her. She's a new character and she's supposed to be a lot like Greg, so naturally TPTB have them working together. And I'm afraid Nick and Greg's interaction will suffer under these circumstances :( But hey, don't let us get too negative here. Let's look at her first ... She's supposed to be in the next episode right?

Nevertheless, I still hope for more Nick/Greg "action" :devil:!

There's also the possibility that since Nick will be Greg's superior that they won't show them together as much. Haha, that sounded as if they actually were shown together much :guffaw::p

I just pray to any god out there that they won't make Riley Greg's love interest. First it's more than bad for the Love and second she deserves more.

OMG, since I'm totally into the negative here, wait, just turned into something positive!

What if Nick "fell" for Riley because of her Greg-likeness and through that he realizes that he's actually in love with Greg??? Now that would be worth watching.

12. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

I thought Catherine was stepping up? She'd be the most obvious choice, considering I doubt that they're going to give her days anytime soon. Not that Nick wouldn't be capable, just that Catherine would be the...most obvious choice. Unless the writers are under the impression the show needs a male lead, which would be crap, because Cath could totally do it.

Just bein safe with the spoiler cut thingy. :p It's been said that Riley & Greg have a "brother-sister" thingy (she says banter, I'm going to remain in denial and say "friendship" for, y'know, ever) : http://www.csifiles.com/news/111008_02.shtml So I should have no reason to be worried but I am anyway xD

:D That would be insanely exciting. The writers wouldn't even have to make it that obvious, either. I mean... Obvious to others. We'll tear apart anything, xD I like that. :3 If the writers went with that, I'd be really interested in it, just to see how they would do it. And even if she was a love interest for Nick (...what.), there would still be an insane amount of fic from N/G writers.

:S That... I don't know. :/ Although, jealous Nick is fun... :p And it'd certainly be telling of his true feelings, wouldn't it?

I'm judging her, I know. :p You'd think, though, with four - or even five - team members, Greg would be used more. It's a little disappointing, you know? That's ninety percent of the reason I already dislike her, because I know they're going to use her as an "excuse" to shove him away more. ._.

Also, congrats to David Rambo!

And I think I saw a new poster... Hi!

13. Eurydike

Eurydike Victim

I've spent the past few days on a CSI binge since my S8 dvds arrived and then i caved and had to watch the last two eps off youtube. Cheeky but couldn't be helped!!!!!

The Happy Place wasjust dire, I mean really, why bother paying Eric Szmanda at all seen as they never give him anything to do, what a joke. You'd think that now he's fiifth in the credits, he'd have more than a line and a half.
    For Warrick though was just great. Obviously i would've liked a little more N/G on-screen but i'll take what i can get.Because he and Greg I think must have had a little time comforting each other in the lab. When Nick and Cath were processing the car in the alleyway, Nick was so controlled, not a crack in him, just all this fustration. Then Sara arrives in Grissom's office, Catherine comes in to hug her and a few moments later Greg and Nick come through the door together. Nick's much more obviously upset, his eyes are red and it looks like he's been crying. *sniffle*
    I wonder if Greg found him after he and Cath got back. Nick sitting in the dark in the locker room or somewhere private, trying to compose himself. Greg says his name, reaches an arm around him, and everything Nick's been keeping in just bursts out?
    Just having a few moments to grieve together gives Nick enough strength to be able to make it through the rest of the investigation.
    I think though after he caught the undersheriff it must have all caught up with him. He was so focused on catching him, that I think it's only then he can begin to properly grieve for Warrick. All the adrenalin deserts him, goes home to Greg, completely exhausted and broken.

14. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

TPTB doesn't want to burn our screens:lol:

I don't like this idea about her working with Greg. Yeah, brother-sister relationship. I'm afraid (it's only speculation of course) that after some time it'll be some deeper interest from her side (obvious, that not Greg's). I think they want to make next ship. All because making Nick straight was always the biggest mistake. So many times and it didn't work. Maybe they want to try with Greg?:p

That was one of the most amazing scenes! I love it so much. It said so much how deep are Nick's and Greg's relations.

It was moment when Nick was really angry at Greg, in some way disappointed. And his anger wasn't an anger of friend but anger of lover. I hope you know what I mean, lol. Anyway, I just wanted to say that Nick thought that Greg would be more on his side but he wasn't. Ehhh... it has sense what I wrote?

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Haha, now that's why they haven't given us more Love banshee_D, they're afraid to have to cough up for new TV's for us all! I finally get it :D;) there can be no other reason... :D

That look in DD was very intense, it's like the look tells a hundred stories/words whatever, it's just they wouldn't be so intense if there wasn't that connectoin.

Love_fan i love the idea that Nick could 'fall' for Riley because of her Greg likeness, and then realise he's in love with Greg. If N/G aren't already together, that would be amazing. I really like that idea, except for possible Nick/Riley dates before he came to realise its Greg he wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.