Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

My whole problem with D/L comes from the viewers not seeing enough - not that I want D/L to take over the show, far from it. Just the occassional almost throw away comment from either character that would let the viewers know what is going on in their relationship (or non relationship whichever it is) which hasn't been shown on the screen. In my opinion we, as viewers don't know enough about what is going on for it to be a believable relationship. The whole incident with Rikki proved this as at that point it wasn't clear whether D/L were in a relationship at all exculsive or not, so it was never clear if he cheated or not.

2. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

I'm watching the first episode of CSI: NY, the one that takes place on CSI: Miami and the first scene that Danny's in all I can say is wow, his baby blues are enough to melt a girl! :drool: It must be something with the colors they used to shoot CSI: NY in because his eyes are never that blue anymore. Also, he wasn't wearing his glasses which I'm not used to seeing.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yeah, he definitely stood out in that crossover! I remember watching that episode and thinking, "I'm going to like this character." Danny really makes an impression right off the bat.

When did you guys become die-hard Danny fans? What episode did he really catch your attention in?

4. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

From the 1st episode i thought Ooh he's good looking and the way he reacted to Stella when he first saw her I thought he seems my kind of guy. Tho saying that wheni first watched NY it was in S2 where his whole approach got me and way he goes about stuff.

Though "Outside Man" and "Tri Borough" and "On The Job" in the 1st season kind of got my attention to Danny more because they all showed a side of Danny i enjoyed and you saw less of the jokes in the 1st season and then 2nd season and his new look etc i was there and happy. Tho i prefer the suits but then i'm a girl who will go for a guy lookin dapper in a suit any day.

5. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I have to say that the first time CSI NY came on,I didn`t like it at all.
    It was too dark and too blueish for my taste.
    I did notice Danny but not that I was completly sold on the character.
    When they started repeating season 1 and there wasn`t anything else interesting on the screen,I decided to give it another try.
    Now,this time around I did like it,it grow on me and when outside man came,I actually enjoyed the character of Danny Messer more.
    But the big turning point was Tanglewood,cause that had all the interesting scenes which made me wonder about his background.
    Afterall,a csi/detective with a connection to the maffia...

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I think Danny's character has developed well over the past few seasons and I hope they continue to do more with him.:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

S1:Blink - Danny on the garbage barge...rolled up sleeves of a
    plain white T..tattoo..spikes..glasses..all NYC 'tude..
    Him = McQueen/Dean iconic.. Me = Boom, i'm done..:eek:

8. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

Wow, now I have to go watch that episode. I don't even remember that, it's been so long since I've watched season one but for that episode...how could i resist! Has anyone see him in the movie The Learning Curve or Confessions of a Campus Bookie? He's not in too many movies so i'm curious how he does in those.

9. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have The Learning Curve - it's OK I suppose. There is nothing wrong with Carmine performance, more it's just not the best story/script. This You Tube link has all the important clips in it:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=lYduPb423F8

10. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

Quick question, did Danny steal "Boom" from Flack cause I've noticed that Flack says it a lot in season one. Personally, I think it sounds better coming from Danny but that's cause I love his accent. :adore:

Thanks for the link Poppet I ordered the movie a couple of days ago so I guess I'll watch the whole thing.

11. Top41

I don't know...it's been a while since I've seen the first season. "Admissions" suggests Flack picked it up from Danny and not vice versa...or at least Mac seems to think so. But Danny and Flack have been friends for a long time, so who knows which one originated it? Either way, it's cute, and after "Admissions" it's kind of both a Danny and a Flack thing. :D

12. bettine

bettine Dead on Arrival

Now for a break in our programming. I'm not good with the disscussions but dagnabbit if I can't post a pic real good. :hugegrin:

[​IMG]

13. Top41

^That hair is getting a little tall. :lol:

What's the pic from?

14. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Judging by his expression, why do I get the feeling that this photo was taken soon after he heard about the upcoming D/L development???:lol:

15. bettine

bettine Dead on Arrival

From the Buisness of Fashion event on 2-12-08, it was Strike Hair.:drool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.