Danny's Glasses??? *Possibly the Most Minor Spoiler Ever*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 18, 2008.

?

Danny without his glasses?

1. Say it ain't so!

67 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Bring on the new look!

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. He's sexy either way.

42 vote(s)
    32.6%
  4. This is me not caring.

13 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

So I've been looking at promo pics for 506 and behind-the-scenes pics for 508 (both found in the NY Picture Thread #4) and I noticed Danny isn't wearing his glasses in the pics! Did Danny get LASIK? Is this the end of the adorable glasses? And if so...what do you think of the change?

2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Danny minus glasses = Carmine. Now I love Carmine and think he is beautiful, but on CSI:NY I want to see Danny and Danny wears glasses.

Not sure if this post makes any sense.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Say it ain't so! I'll admit that I'm not really bothered either way, but I do like a man in glasses. :lol: Danny just looks right in glasses...

eta: I love the thread tag. :lol:

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Ha! Only yesterday I was thinking that this would be the next poll on here. I'm definitely in the 'say it isn't so' camp. I also agree that he's sexy/adorable either way but there's something about Danny in glasses that adds another layer to his character for me. Not only that, there's something about the glasses in emotional scenes where they just seem to have a magnifying effect on his eyes, but then again that could just be me. :confused:

5. jolein

jolein Pathologist

:lol: I had to scratch my head for moment cause I had no clue what you meant.

I just voted the 3d option cause while I like him in glasses,I do like the without glasses version of Danny aswell.
    Though,I do admit that it will be somewhat confusing since i`m used seeing Danny with glasses and Carmine without,although Carmine did wear his glasses aswell...see i`m confused already:lol:

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Danny/Glasses = OTP! :lol:

I do think it would be another move to blur the lines between Danny and Carmine to get rid of the glasses. Hopefully it's only a once in a while thing. :shifty:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe he will start putting contacts on (while pausing his speech)... and taking them off... like a certain Miami lieutenant does with his... sunglasses. Contacts Of Justice!

8. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Oh, no. Danny without glasses looks like the wrong end of a ferret. The glasses frame his face and fill it out.

But everyone knows only geeks wear glasses, so they had to go.:p

9. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

And thus far I'm the only one who voted "this is me not caring." :p

He's gone without glasses before if he wants to make the change permanent I'm cool with that. He's hot either way, and he doesn't meed his glasses obstructing out view of his beautiful eyes. :lol:

But really it doesn't matter one way or another (to me). :thumbsup:

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Give him a wife beater, a sweatshirt around his waist, a visor, a bad accent, and call him Thumpy G! :lol:

It doesn't matter to me, really. He's hot either way.

11. Top41

LOL, so true! :lol: I definitely voted "Say it ain't so!"

Ouuuuch :lol: but yeah, I hear you. I think Danny's glasses make him distinctive, not like every other cute CSI/law enforcement officer. Let's face it--they've got Flack for the drop dead gorgeous factor. Danny's role is to be cute and sexy in a nerdy way.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Aww, say it ain't so! It won't be the worst thing ever (I dealt with Sheldon shaving his face, after all, and I thought the facial hair was sexy - so I'll survive :p), but I definitely think the glasses are an important little touch for the character.

As has been pointed out, it further blurs the line between Danny and Carmine. They've done that enough - I don't watch CSI:NY for Carmine, I watch it to see him play Danny. If that makes sense. ;) I do love Carmine, but I prefer Danny with the glasses.

Maybe Danny's glasses and Sheldon's glasses had a fight and Sheldon's glasses won and now he's pouting about it. :p

13. Top41

^A glasses-off? :lol: Danny would so pout if he lost that.

I really hope they're not getting rid of his glasses.

14. blazeintheskye

blazeintheskye Civilian

I think Danny is hot with the glasses on. However, I did watch the CSI Miami episode the other night that was the spin off episode for CSI NY and Danny was not wearing his glasses in it (also noticed Flack was not in the epi). Still, if I had my choice, I love him in glasses.

15. althea

althea Lab Technician

Say it ain't so!:lol: I don't care either way really because its not the end of the world whether his wearing glasses or not but the glasses is quintessential Danny.