Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vixster

vixster Dead on Arrival

I feel just like you, its like we have been devoted to this for ages and its slowly been ripped away. i want to keep the faith, but i dont know anymore we have been messed around so much for this? but i will keep looking at the tv guide before i watch an ep to decide if i want to subject myself to depresseg griss or not. so sad....

2. mslakerz43

mslakerz43 Dead on Arrival

It's 1AM west coast time so I'm not gonna bother with a spoiler box. Mayne I thought the episode was good and very heavy. One of those episodes I need to watch a couple times to fully absorb it all. Them in the bed was very intersting, I felt Sara was trying so hard to give and Griss just would not budge. She's like let's just get away and be us. Then in the office Griss was outright rude. She's trying to vent to him and he was being more of a co-worker then her boyfriend. Finally, I thought it all came to a head in the end with Griss and the inmate. When the guy said "she promised me everything then she ripped it all away." The whole scene reminded me so much of Butterflied and I thought gave us a glimpse of where Griss was coming from....JMO

3. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

As WP says, "it's darkest before the dawn." TPTB have put Grissom and Sara into a classic "I'm willing to talk to him/her but she/he has to call me first" situation. If there is a geekbaby in the works, I can see Sara deciding to tell Grissom when he calls and when he doesn't call, she gets mad at him all over again. In any event, I think it's going to take LH to convince Grissom to make contact with Sara.

4. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i still don't doubt that they're together , I would call it a lovers quarrel, not the downfall of their entire relationship together.
    i get that Sara leaving has effected Grissom just as much as the rest of us :)() and that he isn't the best that th relationship stuff, but if he knew she was leaving, it was very shallow for him not to say anything to her. and if it was something we would have seen it on camera.
    the thing is -Sara has left. so i don't think that they're on very good terms at the moment. i don't doubt that they'll have a phone conversation or 2 but that only really sets in stone what Grissom was saying...I agree with what he said in a way about how "he needs more satisfaction than knowing he's not alone" (the suspect) but this gave us some pretty good insight to what Grissom's departure arc might look like, maybe it can be as simple as he comes to terms with the fact that Sara cannot stay in Las Vegas.

anyways , i got sidetracked :rolleyes:
    my point of Sara being gone and her and Grissom not on the best terms is that the very LAST thing that they need is Lady Heather. It comes at the worst possible time , that's like adding wood to the fire.
    as for next weeks episode, it looks....weird. is there a better word for it :confused:
    i hope, at the very least, they have some scene relating to Sara leaving again..
    i will definitely not stop watching the show. i'm sticking it out until the very end because even if i'm not obsessed with it anymore it'll still be a good show. *once Grissom's gone i mean* as long as i can forget my biased opinions of certain characters..

but i must admit, even the somewhat depressing bed scene was still pretty cute :thumbsup:

5. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I have a theory about GSR. Yeah, she left Las Vegas and apparently
    Grissom spends a night with Lady Heather in episode 5, although they won't say what happens.
    . I think that when Grissom leaves, he'll leave WITH Sara or he'll leave FOR Sara. I personally want a wedding scene but anything with a GSR ending is good.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HEY fans, and I agree with JJF and didn't you all see the comparision between Sara and Grissom, when she left? he's burning out and having a meltdown now, just like she did when she left. He's in a precarious position right now, he's two men down, and can't just up and leave like she did. Her wanting to take a trip to the Galapagos Islands, how great that would that be?, but he said "I can't" but he will later, I see where the writers are taking this. He will leave when she returns and they will have a happier and healthier lifestyle:thumbsup: She can't take it, and you could see him in a predicament with the kid "she took it all away" his expressions told it all:( They're all sad and shell-shocked a bit zombie like right now. The guy who pulled the plug, "why did you lie to me"? [to save his ass] 8 years of being there, he couldn't take it anymore, I understand but don't condone his actions. And Sara is hostile with all she's been through. Greg was wonderful to her as always:) I think Gil & Sara are baffeled and confused about everything, but true love will survive and they will "ride off into the sunset" together I'm positive[​IMG]

THE BED SCENE and when she had her backpack, it was the same house where they both live, I saw the white brick that you saw in "GDC"

SARA, "THE ONLY ONE GRISSOM EVER LOVED"

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  7. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

Desert, you are right. I was just so let down last night. After I rewatched the GSR in last night's eppy, I see where this is all going. We saw flashbacks (in a way) of the first major GSR eppy, "Butterflied" when he was talking to the kid. It's all there, we just have to do what I've been preaching and KEEP THE FAITH.

8. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

so sad the un-happy place :( i think that sara back to San Francisco is the best, is their really happy place and i really hope that grissom go there with her one day.
    i think that is the best because he need be alone at the same sara in the past for think and do the correct with him life without pressure.
    i don´t know if we are the perfect or normal happy ending( the light in the dark...) but i really know that whatever happens i don´l like always is the same 30 second for gsr reconciliation & good-bye grissom if grissom really leave the CSI billy&jokes

9. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

It was such a big step both of them took to ask the other to stay/go on a vacation, I thought the episode might end well for them but I was very disappointed with the end. I don't know if I'll be able to watch the show anymore. If they built up these two all this time only to not end it with them together, that's just mean. I'll try and keep the faith but it's getting hard.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Welcome AliJG [​IMG] and just recently WP stated that "Sara gives him the love and freedom he needs" meaning they don't bog one another down, when he said "why don't you stay" not I want you to stay or please stay..she said " I can't" and he leaves that alone, as she does him. How many couples have that freedom to do what they think is best for them? not anyone I know:( they're both in deep despair, and suffering right now, so anything goes, including her statement to him "who are we talking about now" their CONFUSED and in a grieving process, and their nerves are shattered, so their not making sense of anything, or each other!They'll still be in touch and she's coming back always bare that in mind, it's not over[​IMG]

SO SAD

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I do believe that Grissom will leave because of Sara, in a good way. Nothing last night changed my opinion on that. My only problem is because no matter how you look at it she still said that very annoyed "Who are we talking about?" in his office, and that makes it sound like she doesn't trust him anymore. I know that she does, but something just feels off, and even though she left and Warrick was killed, it shouldn't feel this off. I hope TPTB decide to let them figure it out, because it would be a horrible ending for such a long love story to just say "Oh, well, she left him and now they're sort of out of kilter so it's over."

12. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I agree! If they didn't end it with Grissom and Sara together, it would suck. It took them 6 years to finally get together and if it gets killed because of one small thing, I'll never get over it.

13. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

heya troops - thanks for the welcome back messages :D now if TPTB will just stop running us through the mangler maybe we'll all be able to get a decent night's sleep?! :eek: crumbs, that was such a heavy, packed, shocking episode.... here's my (now rather lengthy!) run down (and remember I am 10000% spoiler-free so completely clueless about what was going to happen in this epi):

The episode started with a powerful Coldplay track... and as soon as I really began taking in the lyrics of the song, I thought: "Sara". The mood of this opener rings with echoes of GB&GL for me...

A strong start to the show followed, with Cath and Nick getting stuck in.
    Then the phone rang - OMG. Lots of bouncing on chair and covering of mouth with hand.
    But, but, but... this is CSI, and we are the first to know that TPTB never give us a treat without snatching it away. A strong sense of foreboding crept up on me then, as the conversation showed the personal and connected struggles facing our favourite couple...

The mood of the show is laid out for the first time in a subtly emotional exchange - Sara is on the path out of death at last, out of her darkest times, eager more and more for life; Grissom is on his way down to his own dark time - wanting to hide but remaining now, not because of his devotion to the work, but because of his feelings of responsibility... and guilt? He wants support - part of me cried out to Sara to stay for him - but I think in the end she would only help him to hide if that happened, and the real problem would be avoided...

So, the full scope of the episode is revealed as our second and third threads are exposed, and we start to realise this episode is going to take our characters full circle on their CSI lives. I remember reading a fanfic once where someone indicated Sara did indeed stay in contact with Pamela and Tom, as she implied she would in Too Tough To Die - how good to see this proven. Sara is a deeply emotional character, and she is true to her word - honest and brave. She says what she means and doesn't hide... I think this is one of the big reasons Grissom adores her so much.

The main body of the episode follows, with little insights into the characters' emotional states after the loss of Warwick. Jumping around a bit, but key points to note are - Grissom's subtle agression with the cop when he first arrives at the scene; Catherine's shock at seeing his number in her phone (I do that all the time - it catches you so off guard...); Greg's gentle acceptance of the shared loss.

What becomes clear to me about Grissom and Sara as the show moves along is this though: Sara knows her mind - she knows that she can no longer function usefully in this world of death and darkness, and she refuses to hide from that or even apologise for it. In fact, she is clearly once again the strong, empathetic woman we saw in TTTD... no more distancing and denial as we saw in GB&GL. No. Instead, it is Grissom that we see beginning to unravel; with references to Butterflied, and even elements of him falling foul of the traps he once warned Sara about - becoming too emotionally involved.

As the - by now extraneous - thread of the 'jumper' is neatly tied up, we move to focus on the two important finales...
    Sara, finding once again that people do not behave as their characters predict they 'should'. That she is first and foremost a believer in truth. And that she sets a high standard for the people she encounters because she sets high standards for herself. She was wrong about Tom. Can she face Grissom after his harsh conversation practically begging her to leave him on top of that?
    Grissom, being questioned once again about his capacity for murder. Being questioned again about the depths of love. Being brought again to face his ultimate fear - of abandonment and betrayal.

We are left wondering - how does Grissom really feel? What is he really capable of? Where will we follow him, before - as we hope - he finds his way back towards the light of day... and love?

As always, only TPTB may know...

... but what I know is this - going down into darkness is understandable and honest, after the death of a friend; but so is finding your way back out again, when people out there love you. We still have a way of angst to get through yet, but Grissom will eventually find his way to that chess tournament, that rainforest, those loved ones. They owe him that.
    :thumbsup:

14. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Yes, 48 hours after swearing I needed a break from the angst of the series, I'm back.

I think you're right, orange cat. I was very bitter at the end of THP ... particularly upset with Grissom ... but after reading various posts from others and rewatching, I actually think this epi (well, the GSR parts, at least) was well done and that Sara had to leave in order for Grissom to continue his angsty journey. I also believe that journey will end at Sara's door and that we'll get a happy ending, if we can just hang in there a little longer. The thing that kinda bums me out about this is that I'm a big WP fan and I feel like I'm wishing his time on the show away because I want to see how things work out with Sara. Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll see a reconciliation before the last 2 epis ..

After all, Rambo wrote 9.08 and it's probably his last chance at writing GSR, at least with WP as a series regular. Surely they won't pass up the opportunity to allow him to write a big scene for them? And that epi comes right on the heels of the one with Natalie ... so it makes sense that Grissom may have had his epiphany by that point.

Ali

15. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
    The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
    Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
    Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
    For never was a story of more woe
    Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.

hihii ;), *blaming gsrluver, desertwind & pipergrissom for the Shakespeare thing.*
    I envy you all right now and thank you anyway for the reviews/comments, I read you. I’ll try to follow through based from your thoughts above, I hope my post could relate & please correct me if I go astray for this episode *haven’t seen yet*
    Too Tough to Die was one of my favorite episodes. Maybe the Sara we see now has ‘stopped chasing two rabbits at the same time’ or perhaps she finally knows how to catch them. That’s deep, what I mean is Sara has settled in in SanFran that’s why she said she cannot stay in Las Vegas. They have respects for each other’s decisions that’s why when Sara left (GB&GL) he didn’t follow her (or visit her) because it’s not what she wants. Before her, Grissom’s existence evolved on his work. His career was his life. But he took the risk anyway *here comes echoing the butterflied speech* and he was guided by his heart. Sara showed him that. She gave light into his life and he lives. If leaving again this time doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t be there for each other. I think, they just love too much to let each other go.

Guys, let's give them time. TIme heals all wounds, time can give you another chance, time can let you move on..... :lol:

Let's just remember these smiles and enjoy the journey.

:):luvlove::cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.