"The Happy Place" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I agree. It could've been a better episode, but here are the things that I'm not shocked about, despite what others thought.

1. Sara up and left, again
    2. Sara wasn't pregnant
    3. Grissom and Sara did not end on a happy note
    4. Tom Adler killed his wife without being co-erced into it

I don't know, the cases just didn't seem to detailed. It just seemed it was about doing a GSR storyline and everything else put to the wayside.

However, I didn't see the twist in Grissom's case where she was a guidance counselor and the kid was her lover and not her son.

And did anyone notice that they changed the opening credits (which I knew they would), but what happened to Liz Vassey and David Berman? Oh well, they must be adding them next week when Lauren Lee Smith joins the show.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

My kid and my cats could write a better episode than this one.

And I'm sorry to say, I was glad to see Sara go. It reinforced to me why I never liked GSR-the relationship was so angsty and depressing.

And wasn't Mandy supposed to be in it? Where was she?

3. stephanie

stephanie Victim

I think the producers managed to piss everyone off with this episode. Non Grissom Sara fans hated Grissom Sara fans hated. It sucked. I loved what they did after gbagl. This was just crap.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I did notice the new ones. Anyone got screen grabs of the pics from the opening credits?

I think that David is being added next week along with the new girl. I think Liz isn't added for another couple of episodes. Maybe the week after next.

I loved that Archie got screen time again tonight. I wish they'd just go ahead and add him to the opening credits along with Wendy. He's been in enough of them. :)

5. muse2greats

muse2greats Dead on Arrival

:confused: :wtf: I'm gonna have to agree with ya'll on this one... WTF... I don't think anyone can explain this one.... Of course I had my dad in the room analyzing the hypnotist issues... "That doesn't work like that, you can't get someone to do wrong because you hypnotized them...." Yea, he had to point out stuff; like I couldn't see it for my self... He did actually say that the first murder (girl jumps and lands on bus) was about accurate. Oh, and that if someone doesn't think stealing or murder is wrong you can most likely get them to commit the crime by hypnosis.
    I felt like I was waiting for something good to actually happen during the entire episode...:(
    I think the only highlight was seeing greg, but then he like had to call Sarah. and then Nick and Catherine's sarcastic jokes...
    I didn't like the black cop... He seemed abit bored or something... If he stays they desperately need to pump some life into him...
    DeaditeSlayer I too laughed at that... (Eleventh Hour Grissom comment):lol:
    I hope next weeks episode is better....Maybe they can not try to cram so much into the hour... (like someone else mentioned):wtf:

6. Toots

Toots Pathologist

And here I hurried home from work to see this episode. I shouldn't have bothered. First, I see Grissom lying in bed with his daughter. Oh wait, that was Sara. I got confused for a minute. :devil: A little later, I see sweet, sweet Greg, looking rather thin, being used to introduce Sara to her storyline. Oh well, at least I got to gaze upon him for a little while.

I agree with those who believe this episode didn't measure up to the usual CSI standard. Perhaps, as someone else suggested, any episode that followed "For Warrick" would pale in comparison. Still, I felt let down. I guess it's because we didn't see any of the characters still mourning Warrick's death. Yeah, I know, life goes on. But this was a close-knit group.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Actually we did, but only slightly. Catherine was about to call Archie on her cell and saw Warrick's number on her call log and got this sad look on her face and goes "oh god". It was really a blink and you'll miss it moment, but at least it was there. And then there was the new cop asking what took Griss so long to get there and he had a sad look when he said "we're a little short handed right now" and the cop goes "oh right sorry I forgot".

But, I was expecting some kind of look of sadness from Nick when the hypnotist said something about "when you're in love you see all good things when you're grieving you see all bad things" or whatever it was. But, there were no looks of sadness from Nick or Catherine in that particular scene.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

And the fact that it's obviously still close to when he died, because Sara is still there. But we know that in a couple of weeks it will be Halloween on the show, six months after Warrick's death. So if they aren't dealing with it this week or next, then...I guess never? :(

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Apparently I should have paid more attention. Can someone clue me in on what happened with Sara?
    lol I guess it was a boring ep.
    Didn't think we got enough Warrick mourning for only an ep later.

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

Not everyone. I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't think it was a bad episode. Not great, but not as bad as others seem to find it, either. *shrug*

11. muse2greats

muse2greats Dead on Arrival

and also, if that hypnotist is that good.. then why didn't cath and nick get hypnotized just listening to her.... :lol: UGH!!

Yea, why didn't we see nick doing any grieving? I saw him trying to crack a joke here and there, but not grieving his best friend... maybe they are going to save it for another epi and he breaks down all at once... Maybe they are trying to keep his tough guy appearance... IDK
    :confused:

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Well yes, I saw those scenes, but it wasn't really mourning now, was it? I would have liked to have seen the group bring up his name, mention how much they miss him, stuff like that. What little we got didn't really measure up to what I thought would have been done. Maybe we'll see more in a future episode.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know I'm really tired of watching Nick just go about life as if nothing is wrong. I mean I know the actor wants to the character to be some sort of 'superman' but at the rate George Eads is going-he's turning Nick into Mr. Spock or more precisely DATA from Star Trek-two characters with absolutely no emotion.

Maybe Nick isn't really a human character after all, maybe he is an android? We can cut Nick open and find out he has a microchip in him.

But seriously, give me a break. I'm tired of this 'keep it to the foresnics crap'

And I don't buy the emoGrissom. Sorry. If they wanted emo Grissom, they should have done it years ago.

This show is really tickin' me off!

14. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, it's just weird that Nick has a few emotional moments over his best friend's death and then its back to business as usual like nothing happened. It's just weird. But, I don't think it has anything to do with George. I think it's just the writers are afraid that having the characters show too much emotion (except for Sara of course) will turn the viewers off or something. Hey, some of us don't like the characters to be all business as usual all the time. Sometimes we like to see some emotion.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Anyway, this has been bothering me since last week...Warrick supposedly died in May but check this screen cap out...It's the letter about the DNA test. Check out the date on it.

I seriously want to see some Nick breakdown. Now that would be something.

EmoGrissom? That's just too funny! Man who bottles up his feelings inside for years suddenly turns emo? It would have been better if it had been done gradually and not sprung upon us in a blink of an eye.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008