Baseball #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

So I don't lose my place :p

The NL:
    Gm 1: LAD 2 - PHI 3
    Gm 2: LAD 5 - PHI 8
    Gm 3: LAD 7 - PHI 2
    Gm 4: LAD 5 - PHI 7
    Gm 5: LAD ? - PHI ? (Mon Oct. 13 8:00 PM)

The AL:
    Gm 1: TB 0 - RSox 2
    Gm 2: TB 9 - RSox 8
    Gm 3: TB 9 - RSox 1
    GM 4: TB ? - RSox ? (Tue Oct. 14 7:30 PM)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. Destiny

One of these days I am going to catch it before the edit disappears.

The NL:
    Gm 1: LAD 02 - PHI 03
    Gm 2: LAD 05 - PHI 08
    Gm 3: LAD 07 - PHI 02
    Gm 4: LAD 05 - PHI 07
    Gm 5: LAD ? - PHI ? (Wed Oct. 15 8:22 PM)

The AL:
    Gm 1: TB 00 - RSox 2
    Gm 2: TB 09 - RSox 8
    Gm 3: TB 09 - RSox 1
    Gm 4: TB 13 - RSox 4
    Gm 5: TB ? - RSox ? (Thurs. Oct 16 8:07 Pm)

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

DeShadowSeeker thanks for keeping us updated on the scores :) Unless Boston and Los Angeles have a miracle comeback it looks like it will be Tampa Bay and Philadelphia in the World Series. I wonder who will be the hungrier team for World Series. Also who will play better as a team. We've seen all too often teams that get to the World Series all of a sudden no longer playing as a team but as a bunch of individuals. Oh well time will tell :)

4. Destiny

You're welcome, at first I was cheering for the Dodgers because it would be nice to see Casey Blake get a ring. But in another respect I am conflicted because he is the only one on the team I like lol. But at the sametime if Tampa gets to the WS I would like them to win to show that the "little team that could" did. I also want to see Casey back in cleveland, watching him on tv when he was with the Indians he was laughing no matter how many times he struck out, but with the dodgers its like that commerical where the mother is trying to get her teenager to smile, "Aww theres that smile, and there it goes". But I will keep up and let you all know what is going on. :)

5. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

I personally wanted to see a Dodgers-Rays series. To me, the idea of a Red Sox-Phillies World Series, it is the baseball equivalent to having to decide whether to eat horse s*** or cow s***. Can't someone just shoot me instead?

6. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Well, being about fifteen minutes away from Philadelphia, I obviously am rooting for the Phillies!!!! The Phils are up by 4 right now, buttom of the 8th, but they are always known for effing it up, but we'll see. Right now it's not looking so good for the Dogers. The Phillies haven't been to the world series since 1988. But if they win this one, it's off to the WS we go!!! So....um....Go Phillies!!!

7. Destiny

:lol: I refuse to shoot people sorry. -- I am so sad I swear, I only wanted the Dodgers to win because of Casey Blake, but two reasons I want Tampa to win is that I don't like the Red Sox and Tampa has really worked hard to remake themselves and stand up and say "Were not backing down, we might seem young but so was everyone at some point". But in all honesty I have to say that I have no freaking clue about any of the teams until I read up on them again because of Casey. But sadly at the sametime I really didn't want the dodgers to win because then the possiblity of Casey returning to the Indians was better. [​IMG] I know its selfish.

The NL:
    Gm 5: LAD 01 - PHI 05
    The "Phillies" Will Be Going To The World Series!

The AL:
    Gm 1: TB 00 - RSox 02
    Gm 2: TB 09 - RSox 08
    Gm 3: TB 09 - RSox 01
    Gm 4: TB 13 - RSox 04
    Gm 5: TB 0? - RSox 0? (Thurs. Oct 16 8:07 Pm)

Speaking of the Indians (by mentioning Casey) Travis Hafner had shoulder surgery, all was fine with the nerves and such they did have to clean it out and they figure that he should be 100% by spring training.

8. Wyoming

WOOOOOO! Did anyone see Victorino when they won? I love that guy! This is an awesome day for Philadelphia, we haven't been in the series since 1993, so this is going to be a good one!!!! Let's hope they win the World Series Title!!!! I wish I didn't have school or work tomorrow, I'd be going to party with the Phillies fans!!! Maybe I'll just skip my bio class and take a train to Philly...... HEE!!!

9. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

With the Phillies locked in the World Series, I wonder, if Boston does make it, if Fox5 in New York will get enough letters to pre-empt coverage of the World Series due to lack of interest. I work in New York, so I would imagine that the week of the WS would just be one gloomy week. Like I said earlier, my thoughts on that matchup are pretty much the thought basis in NYC. Either way, we would get a result we really wouldn't like, so pretty much GO RAYS! (never thought I would be saying that).

At least the Phillies have one thing going against them in the World Series: The Curse of Billy Penn. Hopefully that would be enough to gooch them.

10. Wyoming

Yeah that's true, and we're looking for ANYTHINg to break that curse! We were even looking into horse racing for that lol. But for us, getting into the world series has already won it for us. I don't really want the Sox to make it, I don't know why, I just don't like the Sox, but I guess if they won it it would make winning the series that much sweeter, if we did win the series. Man, there have to be some Phillies fans out there...where are you?!

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Congratulations Philadelphia :) Excellent job in beating Joe Torres and the Dodgers :)

Ah yes this was when the Blue Jays won their second consecutive World Series :) It was a good series with Joe Carter touching them all with that loverly game and series winning home run :)

I really don't mind who wins the World series. The Phillies have been in it since 1993 and I don't know when they last won it. Tampa has never been in it and they were the worst team last year. So I'll do the politically correct thing here and say May the Best Team Win :)

12. Destiny

The NL:
    Gm 5: LAD 01 - PHI 05
    The "Phillies" Will Be Going To The World Series!

The AL:
    Gm 1: TB 00 - RSox 02
    Gm 2: TB 09 - RSox 08
    Gm 3: TB 09 - RSox 01
    Gm 4: TB 13 - RSox 04
    Gm 5: TB 07 - RSox 08
    Gm 6: TB 0? - RSox 0? (Sat, Oct 18 8:07 pm)

There headed back to Tampa.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  13. Wyoming

Whoa....weren't the Red Sox getting brutally beaten in the first few innings? What happened? They must have really turned it around if the Red Sox ended up winning. It's going to be a very interesting game in Tampa.

14. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Now I think that Boston will win this series. You don't recover from a loss like that, and give guys like Beckett and Lester a second opportunity.

15. Destiny

7-0 for the first 7 innings, and Ortis suddenly breaks out of that HR slump, and the TB bullpen apparently got the jitters and lost it. Kazmir who was the one they were worried about (as the starter who lost I believe game 2) was the one that did an excellent job, then the Rays had a thirty one minute half inning, and due to the cool weather they fineally took him out. and from there the Bosox came back.

I think it is better if they go back to Tampa, all year their fans have been slow to come around, until they won the division, then it was all "we knew they could" by going back home and winning they can say see what you all missed. Prove something to their fans but most importantly themselves.
    I don't know I think the rays still have a chance, unlike the indians last year they are more free and easy. Tonight the bullpen was just out of whack. Beckett can be good but from what I have been seeing and reading and hearing he has been "Beckett light", instead of "Beckett lights out", they took him out, and now that they are back at home it might help them just a bit more. Either way the Rays have proven to be an "unexpected challenge" for them.