Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay want to discuss the leaving of three of our favorite actors/actress, here is the place to do so, again this is for the three who are leaving, have left, each has an individual thread so this is why your asked not to just pick one and let it dominate, but rather discuss all three. - As to what to talk about, how about, how their characters affected the show with their coming in, leaving, background, storyline, and so on. Favorite scenes, least favorite scenes, Favorite quotes by either the character or the actors. It doesn't have to just be all that, or one of those things, basically we want to know what you think.

Also if you see an interview by one of the stars regarding their departure, etc. You can post a link to it and discuss, but I will have to ask that while some articles that have a ship mentioned in it can be added, only if its mentioned in passing in the article, as any ship articles with no spoilers belongs in SC, (and lets keep snide, inapproperiate comments out please) but discuss them along with everything else mentioned in the above paragraph.

Also we know that Jorja's character has left but may make guest appearances, Gary's character has just been killed off (see "for warrick" thread) and William will be gone.

When I say no spoilers (as I did in the title) that includes the tags. Lastly please keep it longer then one line, normally we don't impliment the three line rule, and were not doing so now, but we are asking that it be longer then one line, it's your opinion, so it has to be more then one line right? Okay so lets start discussing. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. erep

erep Witness

Re: Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leaving *No Spoilers*

OK. I appreciate a chance to talk about this! I have been nearly obsessed with CSI for a few years now, and I am *NOT* somebody who watches TV regularly at all. Part of the reason I've loved it so much is the chemistry the cast members appear to have with each other (the WRITING is the other major reason I watch the show). Although I am rooting for CSI to survive the loss of these three, I do have my doubts. It's just so hard to gain new cast members (especially en masse) and have the reformed cast have the same (or equally good) chemistry. I also imagine that writers might have a hard time writing new characters when they are used to writing for these guys. Anyway! For the sake of the show, I hope I am totally wrong. As for the actors themselves, I wish them nothing but the best, and I hope to see them in something soon. They certainly deserve to leave with nothing but pride, but I am really going to miss them as Gil, Sara, and Warrick. I hope *AT LEAST* that the writers give Gil and Sara some sort of happy ending, or at the very least spare them more tragedy. If they end up killed too, that would probably make me stop watching...

OK, now it's somebody else's turn!

3. TML

TML Hit and Run

When I first got hooked on the CSI franchise last year, I was amazed at how CSI's main cast stuck together without any major losses. That amazement proved to be short-lived, however, when Jorja/Sara became the first main cast member to announce her departure. As such, I've mostly stuck to watching re-runs of CSI on SPIKE, in order to catch-up on not following the series earlier and to re-live the "happier days." Then came the departures of Gary/Warrick and now William/Grissom, and it simply overwhelms me how a major TV series would have three main cast departures within a year. Now, I understand actors and actresses have their reasons for leaving TV series, but I think I would've accepted it better if the departures had occurred during the first 2-3 seasons, like CSI: Miami (Megan Donner/Kim Delaney, Tim Speedle/Rory Cochrane, Yelina Salas/Sofia Milos) and CSI: NY (Aiden Burn/Vanessa Ferlito).

For characters that leave a TV series, some disappear completely (Megan Donner) or are killed off (Tim Speedle), while others become recurring characters (Yelina Salas), and still others return for a short while before getting killed off (Aiden Burn). Now, I hope Grissom and Sara remain as recurring characters for at least an episode or two per season, like Yelina Salas in Miami. As for Warrick, although he's been killed off, he could return in a hallucination/dream/memories capacity similar to Tim Speedle in Miami.

4. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

I bought the seasons 1-7 in May, and watched it all by September. :) Needless to say, I'm addicted! I'm still waiting for season 8, I've seen a few of the episodes, but missed most. So I totally missed the part of Sara leaving. She wasn't my favorite anyway, I mean I don't dislike her, but if anyones going to leave, I'd rather it be her. Before I caught up on episodes, and was still watching season 6 or so, I read somthing about Warrick getting shot (the season 8 finale had already aired). So I've been dreading that moment ever since.. I love Warrick, and really didn't wanna see him go. I mean, thy could've made it where he got shot, and just quit working there while he recovered, that way he could possibly come back.. But I guess it'll have to be ok. Now, as for Grissom, I don't know whats going to happen when he leaves. I personally believe he's the heart of this show, and definitely my favorite character. I will continue to watch CSI, but I have a feeling it's gonna be quite different with him gone. I hope he will come in some episodes as a guest star sometimes, and I hope we don't lose anymore of the original cast any time soon.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know there are a lot of people who have decided not to watch the show after Billy leaves and I can't blame them.

However, I get the impression Billy wants us to continue watching after he leaves. He is still a producer on the show, so why not watch the show he is helping to create.

I know I would miss Nick (and George) if he left and I would probably not want to watch it, but if he was still a part of it, I might be inclined.

Sounds sentimental, but if Billy has faith in the remaining actors, the new actors and TPTB then we should follow his lead.

Am I right?

6. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

You're right.. I mean, he did say that he's "pleased to be handing over the keys to the lab to Laurence Fishburne", so I guess he does feel like it'll be a good move for the show. Plus, Greg, Nick and Cath will still be there, and they've been there all along, so It will still be a good show. I like all of the characters and will continue to watch, I just hope that Grissom is still a part of the show in some way, I know he's a producer, but I mean I hope they mention him often and call him in as a guest star. Does anyone know how grissom will be exiting? Whats his reason for leaving ON the show? Retirement? Maybe he's going to be a college professor or somthing...?

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The how on a characters exit is more for the spoiler thread. ;)

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I will miss Billy/Grissom with every beat of my heart, and I'm glad he's still keeping his hand on the wheel, and will return when he wants, and is still the executuve producer, there was not one thing I didn't love about him..his drop dead looks, his curly hair, the dimple.. the way he talked the tone of his voice so seductive, the way he walked, his expressions, his always one liners his like a pitt-bull on a case and that he was so engrossed in them all, his caring for everyone besides his team, and didn't judge people, no one like him ever........... but has moved already back to his beloved Chicago. I can't imagine CSI without him:([​IMG]

BIILY GOES HOME

On Jorja Fox~
    she's stated "I'll be in and out", so her future is uncertain at least to me with CSI! and also will miss her, her steadfastness her loving of children and victims who she couldn't help, but always cared, her kind compassionate sweet nature, also her fiery anger when the scene called for it. The solace she found with Grissom and the happiness as well. Plus her connection with the whole cast, awesome. Alos can't imagine CSI without her, I've missed the eps. she wasn't in!

Gary Dourdan, is gone forever from this show, and I will also miss him:(, his sensitivity, his kind caring ways, his quick temper, his brooding nature his drop dead good look's,the camraderie with his team mates, He was one of a kind, and no one can ever replace him! good luck Gary

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  9. Speedle03

Speedle03 Dead on Arrival

William Petersen Leaving CSI ?

A friend told me that she was on the internet and found out that William Petersen was leaving CSI. Is this true and if it is why is he leaving and if you dont know just think of a reason why he would leave.

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I will miss Grissom, but I can still see the show going on without him. I started watching the show just because I loved the stories. Overtime I became more attached to the characters, but never so much that I would stop watching if one or even at this point, several leave. It is the same with ER for me. I've watched it from the start with 3 of the people I loved totally gone from the show now, but I still watch because they can still have some really great episodes.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: William Petersen Leaving CSI ?

I agree, Dizzney. I too will miss Grissom, but I think the show still will be good even after he leaves. :)

SpeedleO3, WP is leaving to pursue other interests. He's leaving after the tenth episode this season. He's going to be doing a play.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  12. Cassis

Cassis Civilian

I will miss so much William Petersen as Grissom have loved him from Manhunter an LADILA.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

From Yahoo News:
    I did not even know this poll existed. I wish I had. I would have voted that I will still keep watching. :(

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah that's sad.

But had the CSI writers spent time on character development of the others, the impact of Billy's departure wouldn't be so severe.

Oh well, maybe the show will go to an independant channel or something..

15. erep

erep Witness

I also was not aware of this poll, and would have voted that I'd keep watching even after Petersen's exit. I think it's sad when people threaten (and that is what they are doing -- threatening!) not to watch a show simply because a star leaves. YES, Petersen is irreplaceable. YES, I really miss Jorja Fox as Sara. YES, Warrick was a great character. BUT! What's always made CSI stand out among other TV programs, at least for me, is that the ENTIRE cast is so good and the writing is so strong and the concepts are so different. I think the audience should continue to show its support and only remove that support if and when the show actually ceases to be good. I'm there for all the cast -- old and new -- until the time comes when I no longer think the stories are fresh and the acting is strong. I think Lauren Lee Smith is, so far, doing a great job. I'm expecting the same from Fishburne. I think fans need to chill out and let the show evolve, and "let" our favorite stars move on with their lives.