Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSRaddict5

GSRaddict5 Civilian

Thanks for the warm welcome and the quick reply! I found that too, but it says that "stops just short" of saying it. :confused: I've read so many negative reports on what might happen with GSR...I don't know what to think anymore! I just want something conclusive! Have you seen the preview for 9x02? He asks her, "Why don't you stay?" That implies that she's leaving again! Sadness!

2. GSRaddict5

GSRaddict5 Civilian

JorjaFoxFan; I forgot to thank you for welcoming me. It's much appreciated. Just in case anyone is curious as to who GSRaddict5 really is, I am a 15 year old student living in MN. I caught an episode of CSI on Spike a couple of summers ago, and I was hooked. I was completely in love with GSR from the first episode she was in. I ended up buying seasons one through seven, and I will have a complete emotional breakdown if they don't get their happy ending.

3. minnyanne

minnyanne Dead on Arrival

It is possible there are all ready married ;) and you dont need rings for that. My parents been married for 40 years, both never wear rings and that will never change now:). I wont be surprise if are all ready married i hope we will find by 9x10 when WP leave.:thumbsup:

4. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I think I remember reading that the woman who goes off the balcony is engaged to be married, so I'm guessing that's what the ring is about. Personally, I don't see Sara wearing a big rock around. I would expect that she would have some sort of cool, artsy sort of band as opposed to the traditional solitaire. But what do I know? ;) And yeah, I've also seen the spoiler that says Grissom doesn't respond to a call for the first time ever.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  5. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

Hey all! I'm off work today and have been working on my LiveJournal and the GSR wiki. I love all those lovely spoiler boxes, oh, the torture, but I won't look. Can't do it!!!!! LOL!
    Welcome to our little board, GSRAddict, I hope you like it here, and feel free to check out my site. We LOVE GSR!
    Ok, so without looking at spoilers, other than the promo we have seen after "For Warrick", my thoughts are this:
    Grissom is in crisis mode. He is going to have several 'wake up calls' and that may lead him to his future. I hope Sara stays the whole time and we don't see her onscreen, although, that would be great, GSR til Billy leaves!
    Ok, one question.....are you going to watch the show AFTER Billy bids 'farewell'? I am NOT.
    I'd like to know your thoughts.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hi fans, And on the ring factor, I don't think any of them wear 'rings' when their all working on cases, with always having to put on the rubber gloves, to in the way, have you seen any of them with rings on, ever? and on will you watch CSI, when Billy is gone, I will watch because I love CSI, and Nick, Greg Brass and Doc, & the lab rats are still there, oh and Cath in charge, that will be a bit harsh, no more said on that. I want to see how Laurence Fishburne does, and the stories are always fantastic, if it sucks, then I will not, but who knows it might still be great. And on Billy, he's still holding the executive producer position and will appear, he said "when the ep. is right" so he's not completely done! & that'll be awesome, and on Jorja she also stated "I'll be in and out" so her future on the show is iffy too. It will be a difficult process to not see Warrick, he was such a strong force on this show:(

GIL & SARA[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

It will depend on what happens in these next 9 epis. Honestly, I love the show and hope to continue watching, but if Grissom's departure isn't hopeful and upbeat, I'm not sure what I'll do. I mean, we've watched Sara leave in the midst of a breakdown, we've seen Warrick shot down in an alley ... those departures were well handled, but they were major bummers, IMHO. If every character who leaves is going to be emotionally broken or dead, I have to cut my losses sooner rather than later. I have no interest in seeing Nick, Catherine, Greg, or Brass suffer similar fates.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about how they'll arc Grissom out, though, and am hopeful that the new characters will settle in well with the group and my Thursdays from 9-10 will stay reserved for CSI!

Ali

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

CSI practically gets me though the week , of course i will keep watching after every thing has gone down, i think we at least owe that to the show. TPTB are trying to ensure that fans keep watching even after the main assets to the show have gone.

I've never been a fan of Catherine, i more of tolerate her in a way so i'm not too keen about her getting even more screen time because i think they overdue it on her when Nick and Greg and all the lab rats are also important in the show.

i have no doubt that Laurence Fishburne will fit in fine , they'll no doubt create an intriguing storyline that will keep us tuning in. and i admit that the first maybe...4 episodes after episode 10 i'll be watching mainly to see if GSR comes up in topic at all...i was thinking Grissoms departure will either be near the end of episode 10 and more emotionally dealt with in episodes following or it'll be at the very beginning of episode 10 and it will basically be the focus of the episode and it will be dealt with and done and possibly buried by the time we hit episode 11 , because i'm sure the character arc of LF will begin pretty fast.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they portray LH's characters storyline because the Keppler thing made me want to kill myself :lol: it was only 4 episodes but every time they did the flashbacks that we had to figure out i was like oh good god make it end. it was just so incredibly boring (irritating might be a better word choice :)) for me, i don't know if anybody else felt that way and the writers and producers and all seemed to be happy with the outcome of it , so that makes me worried that they will do something similar.
    the sad thing is that my consciousness of every time those Keppler episodes were on i thought i can't wait until Grissom gets back, but this time if it's bad, it's bad. because there really is no Grissom to come back :(

i really don't know what were all going to do without a Grissom, Sara and Warrick.
    Warrick..that will definitely be a hard one to overcome, he brought so much to the show that i only realize now by looking back on some of his stuff...i think i took his presence on the show too much for granted. :cardie:

but on more of a happy note CSI: the Complete Eighth Season comes out on DVD tomorrow! (October 14, 2008)
    well..for Canada at least, I'm not too sure if it's the same date everywhere , or if it's even aired everywhere :confused:

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My grandfather doesn't wear a ring. To be honest I didn't notice until about a month ago and I've seen him almost every day of my sixteen years, so it's not like anybody notices when married people don't wear rings. :lol:

I'm still going to watch. I mean, I tried to stop watching CSI when Sara left, and I actually did last a long time. I lasted until about two or three episodes after the writers strike ended. However, in that amount of time I came to realize that I just can't stop watching CSI, it's like an addiction (although relatively healthy) and I just can't say that I'm going to stop watching if one actor leaves, no matter how crucial that actor is.

Yeah, it comes out tomorrow in the U.S and I already have the $60 I need to buy it. *laughs* Now I just need to find someone with a car willing to drive me to Target.

10. Desertwind

:lol: I'm sitting her cracking up, my thoughts exactly, on all of your comments, the Keppler ones yawn-yawn, I watched the first one with him and taped it, then the only time in my CSI history I skipped the rest, so boring.. & so thrilled when Grissom came back:drool: but moving on I'm also sure of the departure with them, they don't want to disappoint all the strong GSR fans who've watched this romance bloom and flower, to throw it off in a ditch, Daved Rambo, e-mailed our lovely Piper and told her "they're are more GSR fans than not" so why would they discontinue or have it end without them together? here's a couple of caps of Warrick's services:(

GIL, SARA AND THE TEAM

SARA..NICK..CATH..GREG & OTHERS

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*gasp* Desertwind, did you spell Grissom's name wrong? XD

The whole Keppler storyline drove me nuts because I was, like, "What the heck is with the psycho criminalist?" the entire time. The best thing he gave us was Sara's line to Catherine in Redrum "If I have something to say to you, I'll say it in private."

I doubt that 6 years of careful development and about 2 years of accomplishments will go to waste when Grissom leaves. I mean, come on, GSR has been an undercurrent for so long in both Grissom and Sara's story arcs, can TPTB really just get rid of it so easily? I think not.

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

lol, that's hilarious :thumbsup: great minds think alike! however cliche that may be :rolleyes:

as for the rings, i don't think that they're the type..it's kind of uncharted territory to them i think. just knowing that they are forever is enough for them. and me :thumbsup:
    seriously, as long as we get some good GSR scenes that reveal something , i will be fine ;)
    again , i just hope that they keep the relationship alive after they've both gone, i think that would be a smart move and a way to keep a little more of the viewers that they'll lose after WP is gone.

you've fixed your spelling error! :guffaw:
    (this is the sure sign that we've got nothing exciting to talk about)

13. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

Hey, guys! A while back when we were talking about our favorite GSR fanfiction online, someone mentioned the name of an actual, REAL-LIFE CSI Novel (yes, novels that are not on the internet do actually exist - amazing) that was GSR based and very well written. Anyone remember the name of it or who posted it? Thanks!

14. Desertwind

gsr_rulz have you looked on the fan-fiction thread? I don't do fan-fiction, so I would have no idea, maybe some other fans on here would know:) this week is "The Happy Place" and an old ep. from S/1 will be featured, wow:wtf: that's along time ago, I found some caps with Sara, and the victim, one with Grissom too~

SARA AND THE VICTIM AND GIL LOOKING ON

SEARCHING FOR THE VICTIMS NAME

SARA UPSET

15. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

Hello guys, wonderful wednesday morning to you all from this part of the globe.
    To answer the question: Though we know it would never be the same again after the three gone, i would probably still watch csi as to curious what happens next (i will try) :cool:. I did lost intererest watching when Sara left and now I came back again. ;)
    Re the csi novel, that is awesome. An adaptation and gsr inspired. :thumbsup:
    You know, back from old threads and gsr became hit, old posters actually compared/associate the relationship to mulder/scully (x-files). I believe that became also a 'hot topic' back in the old x-files days? Who knows we coud get a GSR movie in the future. Oopps, *some fans raising eyebrows*, okay 'CSI movie' with GSR in it. he he...

bye for now. happy thoughts for you all ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.