Grade 'Turbulence'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 8, 2008.

?

How would you grade Turbulence?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. A

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  3. A-

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ohhh, that was Nelly? I was thinking he might be a rapper.

B+ From me...

I liked that they mentioned Canada! (we DO exist!), also the Flack moments, he is funny as usual. And of course Adam with the Pez dispenser :lol: Also, Mac's seatmate cracked me up with the hair thing.

I found it incredibly predictable. I knew the blond stewardess was the murderer as soon as they showed her at the beginning. She looked soooo familiar to me, and when you have a familiar face like that, usually they are the murderer. Or play a fairly large role in the episode. And now that I look the actress up, i see its that chick from One tree hill, who is now on Law and Order SVU.

I appreciate the spoiler boxes, sorry for being the only loser who doesn't read them :lol:

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ Yeah, that was Nelly. Only, I think the last time I saw him was in The Longest Yard... 3 years and many muscles ago. :lol:

I mean, holy cow, his guns got HUGE! (and by guns, I mean arms, just to be clear) It's sexy as hell. */random*

I didn't know who the flight attendant was, but her reaction to finding the body set me off as a little weird. I didn't think she did it, but something didn't feel right. I thought it was just the acting, but when I found out she was the murderer, that kinda changed things haha.

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Wow

been ages since I been on here. but new season, and a few eps in I simply can't keep my mouth shut anymore.

Can I just say...

1) Adam rocks.

2) Flack rocks. I really personally hope he's not allergic to half naked women. The minute I laid eyes on him in S1 I'd hoped we could be friends. Alas...

3) Stella deserves a hot bucket boy to play stickball with.

Oh, and ...Adam just freakin' rocks. I looooooves me some ho-hos, pez dispensers, and every word they give the guy.

He averages like five words a line, and Buckley's always among the best parts of an ep for me. It's about time they gave him a spot in the credits and a reg slot on the show. "You're the one who requested more field time, Adam..." Hell no he ain't the only one, I been wanting to see him get more airtime any way they'd give it to him since he started on the show. Just hope more field time doesn't dip him too deep in the poop and too far down the road Sanders went when he left the labs.

Flack and Danno were fun. Nothing like a few moments with a mild 'boom' and a fuzzy plush panda silencer. Also thought Nelly was pretty good, and looks like he's going to be an interesting returning character, all the moreso if Flack's the intermediary. They played well together.

Lindsay wasn't overly annoying. Looks like they're saving all that up for not-so-surprises down the road.

There was less of Sid and Hawkes this week, but they both look to be getting more to do in general ths season, which is overdue.

Mac seemed more a vehicle for the storyline than a hugely memorable player in it this time, but I did like his interaction with the wig-dude on the plane. I thought his part in the ep was most interesting earlier in the story while the plane was still up in the air than when he was back on the ground; also thought the parallel investigation in-flight and with the labs all worked pretty well. That said I was also glad that they didn't try to push to have Mac wonder-solve the whole ep in the air.

Kudos to Gary Sinise for his hand in creating the ep - I thought I saw him listed as one of the story's writers os the like?

So far I'm liking season 5 just fine. Dandy-o. Good ep.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  4. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

I gave it an A-

I liked it a lot. I don't watch the other CSIs so I have no pre-conceived notions about the plot. Plus, I didn't know who the blonde woman is either so I sort of looked at the brunette FA first (like some of you did). And I was expecting another all-Mac story but I thought it wasn't all about Mac. Nelly got quite a bit of screentime, heh.

Like Elwood21, I'm really liking this season so far. Still early, I know.

5. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I gave it an A-, It was a great episode but a disappointing ending, other than that it was the best episode of the season so far.:thumbsup:

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I missed this comment somehow. I live in the world called "Earth." So where are you from?

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Ladies, let's simmer down here, please. CSI_Stokes_Girl, try to accept someone might have a different viewpoint from yours. Just as some people see chemistry between Danny and Lindsay while others don't, some see it between Danny and Flack while others don't. If you want to debate that, fine, but leave out comments meant to be personally insulting like "Apparently we live in different worlds then...." Unless someone is posting from Mars and has neglected to mention it, we're all watching the show from the same planet. And PA, if someone makes a snarky, let it be. ;) Back to our regularly scheduled discussion of the episode.

My week has been insane so this is my first chance to get in here and grade it! I gave it a B+. Thoroughly enjoying, albeit not quite as exciting as "Page Turner" was last week.

My favorite part of it? Definitely Flack and Nelly's interactions. Oh, I can't wait to see these two work together. The snark will be flying! :lol: :D

I have no doubt because no one's love for Adam could be bigger than yours! :lol: :D Still, I did love his line "I hate poo" lots. Poor Adam. And his smelly scene where he horrified the girls? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, please! They're great together. And I love how Danny is feistier when he's got Flack around. I think Danny knows he's got his own personal bodyguard in Flack. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear you. I guess I found him less sanctimonious in this episode than I did in "Veritas" so it didn't grate with me. Sinise actually may have written that line because he co-wrote this episode, but most of the time, probably not.

I could see it being Flack's idea, too. That would be a nice little detail.

I kind of got the feeling she killed her boyfriend because she didn't think she had a choice. If she didn't, he was going to take a whole plane full of people hostage. Not to mention, he was pointing a gun at her. Nice use of those wing pins! :lol:

8. CSI_GEEK_GIRL

CSI_GEEK_GIRL Victim

I too request ATLEAST one Messer and Flack scene per episode!:devil::drool:

It was a good episode, but I guess I was just left wanting more. But then again, I don't think the writers would want to leave any of us wanting less. I give it a B+ and continue counting the days until the new episode.:)

9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Count me in on that vote too!!! :)

And more Adam! Much more Adam! :thumbsup: :)

10. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I volunteer to go and scrub Adam down, believe me, I would not need asking twice... :devil: *Lauches into an Adam induced day dream.*

The ep was one of my favourite, although I think they could have landed the plane a little sooner and given the other characters *ADAM* more screentime, as much as I love Mac, I think he got too much screentime in that ep... Adam was awesome in the ep, he was so cute with his pez despense and his "I hate poop!" line... Aww, I just love him... Ok, I'm going to stop rambling on about Adam... Overall I liked the ep, I'll give it an A-. :D

11. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I did like this episode. I have to say when I first saw the previews I had my doubts only because I was thinking of the episode in CSI. But it truly was its own and they did a good job. In the beginning I was thinking it was one of the flight attendents, but they made me doubt myself! Never doubt your first instinct sheeze!

Of course I loved all Flack's scenes of course. I do hope they bring Nelly back on the show more often, that would be tight!

I'm torn as to which quote I liked more "Assume the position," or "I hate poop!" I'll just say both were equally great!

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I gave it a B +

- Mmmm, I wanna sit next to Mac on a plane, and cling to him during turbulence, and never let go.:devil:

- No, dude, he's not a rocket scientist, just a damn fine lookin' CSI.

-I love when Mac's all smart (anywhere there's a crime scene, Mac will be able to collect evidence. Crime scene at 30,000 feet? No problem!)

-Mac being all take-charge, HOT!!!!:drool:

-Stella's got a great swing! Don't think she was overly impressed by the fireman though.

-So if Mac's on the plane, and Stella's batting, who was taking care of the lab?

-Awwww, he called Stella first.

-Danny, Flack, and the Panda were cute.

-Flack's gettin' smart with this CSI type stuff, picking up the gun right, putting it on his handkerchief, spotting those fibers. Smart Flack = sexy Flack.

-Adam's in the field, and lookin' good in his CSI jacket. Loved Mac teasing him a little about the poopy job. Awww, Adam doesn't like poop!

-Dude, when Mac asks you to take your clothes off, do it! I wouldn't hesitate.:devil:

-Sid talking about sex is always slightly creepy. Bet he's a member of the Mile High Club, though. Lindsay wanted to stop him before he went too far, and started describing his own experiences, on the ground and off, I think.

-Flack and Terence's interaction throughout the ep was great. Flack in Cop Mode also = sexy.

-Love pissy!Flack with Terence at the club, whippin' his gun out and all, very hot!:drool: Flack, honey, I'll assume any position you want, any time.

-I have a shower you can use, Adam....

-Awww, both Mac and Flack don't approve of a guy having 2 families. That's sweet.

-Liked the little 'bet' talk between Mac and Flack. Just a nice moment.

-Mac's getting mad now. He doesn't like letting killers go. Mad Mac is hot.

-Mac's thinking! Thinking Mac is hot. And he worked out the murder weapon. He's so smart.:drool:

-That flight attendant could have been a hero, but she wanted the money. Like Mac said in RND, 'The greed always gets 'em'. I did like that she wasn't prepared to let that guy hijack a plane full of innocent people, though.

-Jeez, you'd think they'd check the air marshals a little more carefully, in this day and age.:rolleyes:

-Looks like Mac isn't going to make it to testify. I wonder what that case was, that he would need to go to DC to testify for it?

I really enjoyed the ep. The beginning was pretty Mac-centric, but I never mind that. I liked the Flack moments, and seeing Stella and Lindsay work together, and Stella outside of work. Liked seeing Flack and Danny working together. Danny and Lindsay weren't really in it much, but I guess that's 'cause they have a big story later on in the season. It's always great to see Adam out of the lab. It was nice that Mac worked at the airport, and left his team to work at the lab.
    I love it when the team all work on one case, too.

I thought for a sec that Mac's plane was a United Airlines one because the logo for the airline looked a bit like theirs!

13. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

It was an enjoyable episode.

I did wonder how the flight attendant was quick enough to even think about using her wings as a weapon to kill that guy. Is it something that they learn in flight training?