CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

That would have made Lindsay look pretty inconsistent, given that she just told Danny she loved him--twice--at the end of the fourth season. I don't think it would have looked good for her to half a season later be knocked up by a different guy.

Yeah, whether they intended to bring back Rikki pregnant or not is probably something we'll never know, but I do think the drama between her and Danny was likely going to be of the romantic variety.

Yeah, I definitely don't disagree, and I don't think that D/L was necessarily supposed to be over for good by any means even if Danny and Rikki picked up their fling and Lindsay moved on with a new guy. But I don't think that TPTB had any intention of making Lindsay pregnant, which is why I'm saying that Anna's RL pregnancy changed the storyline.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Actually I think it would be pretty consistent in terms of the way tptb have developed the D/L relatiohsip. Maybe it would've made Lindsay look inconsistent (but they could have played it as Lindsay finding out about Rikki then hitting the other guy on the rebound) , but then again it wouldn't be the first time.

Until we got the pregnancy spoilers I honestly thought that D/L were over for the moment, that Lindsay would have a rebound fling and that 'something' (possibly a rekindling of the fling) would happen between D/R. But, I still believed that tptb would revisit D/L with the whole 'rescuing' thing by the end of the season.

3. Top41

Maybe inconsistent was a bad word choice...it wouldn't have made her look good, in the same way that many thought Danny didn't look good after sleeping with Rikki. Whether it was because people thought he cheated on Lindsay or because they thought he slept with Rikki to fix something that couldn't be fixed, it definitely made him look troubled. And that works for Danny, but TPTB seem to keep trying to put forth this idea that Lindsay can do no wrong--whether it be because she leaves a crime scene or neglects evidence during a time when the lab is being evaluated. So it wouldn't have been consistent with the way TPTB want to present her to have her hook up with some guy and get pregnant.

That's how I assumed it would play out as well.

4. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

TPTB have invested too much into D/L to Lindsey move on with another guy and Danny to revisit his fling with Ricki. I really doubt that they would ever have made Lindsey pregnant if it wasn't for AB being pregnant but other than that the only change I think they've made is that D/L have got together sooner than they intended. They probably wanted to drag it out for a while longer. Cos of course they can't be happy together, this is tv.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

What have they invested? They showed them flirting, then Lindsay pushing Danny away. Danny went to Montana, sure, but I think he would have done that to support any member of the team. They slept together once that the audience saw and then there was nothing until Lindsay dropped the bomb that she was "in love" with Danny. Everything the audience has learned about their relationship has been filled in by TPTB in interviews. IMO, they spent too much time talking about what the audience was supposed to be seeing instead of actually investing anything into the actual storyline. In fact, they've invested so little in Lindsay as a character that the show wouldn't miss her if she wasn't there.

I agree that this is a TV relationship that is going to be the typical on/off situation, but that doesn't equate to a big investment.

6. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I meant in terms of time. Sorry, I meant meant to make that clear. They've spent too long hinting at a relationship to just drop it.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Since all they've been doing is hinting, I don't see how any amount of time can be too long just to drop it. If they had actually shown a relationship develop, then yeah, it would be strange to just all of a sudden drop it without explanation.

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I kind of think they'd probably thought there'd be a chance of AB getting pregnant again in the not to distant future. The fact they contemplated having her first pregnancy play out on screen made me think they'd give it a whirl at some point (assuming of course that AB was more comfortable with that scenario the second time around as apparently she wasn't the first). Actually that's one of the logistical reasons why I never thought they'd bring Rikki back pregnant because I assumed they'd be saving that for Anna/Lindsay. As much as I'm certain Anna didn't go to tptb and ask for permission to get pregnant :)lol:) I do wonder if it was discussed as a possibility at some level. If it occured to me that a woman of Anna's age who had her first child getting on for two years ago would possibly be considering having a second fairly soon, I'm sure it occured to the ptb that it might happen.

As for D/L, as much as I thought they'd play the drama angle for most of S5 I did think that they'd be back together by the end of the season. I'm just not sure the ptb would abandon them altogether when, love 'em or hate 'em, they do generate much discussion/debate/interest.

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

JellyBelly--->Discussion and debate yes but interest?????????????????? sorry, i don't buy it. The only way we discuss them if because we hate them together or not

I'm sorry for Danny. I liked him until the beginning of S2. Then he dissapeared into DL dimenssion urgh

I can imagine the type of spoilers we are going to receive

I can imagine the type of scenes we are going to watch
    and I can imagine how S5 is going to finish (a cheesy ending. No doubt. Only to feed melodramma momma and company)

Deb

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  10. scheriinh

scheriinh Hit and Run

**groans*** tell me about it.is this season gonna be all about the pregnancy?*groans again**i was hoping for a little of smacked smackeroos, now it looks like i might have to wait for the next season:(i doubt if the writers are gonna add more melodrama than what is already available.but thanks to u all my smacked family,for keeping me optimistic

im wondering though,what will tptb do IF Melina will get pregnant in real life?who will they make the dad this time?mac?hmmmmmm....thats interesting....

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Sheriinh---> inside the Smacked family thread i allow myself to be optimistic. Here i allow myself to be so darn realistic:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nobody can tell me the pregnancy is not going to be under the spotlight because it's already is and before it is known inside the series. Could you imagine future episodes?:wtf:

The pregnancy, the angs and even one member suggested Stella being jealous of L's baby. GREAT! It's everything about it.:vulcan:

Ah! i guess producers will LOVE the childbirth scene. A melodramma is not melodramma without it (or should i say soap opera)

I really want S5 ends for good and S6 starts. That's my biggest dream (or nightmare???):angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz:

Debbie :klingon:

12. scheriinh

scheriinh Hit and Run

omg,i really hope we dont have to suffer thru a childbirth scene.excuse me tptb,did i somehow wander to another show.something like ER maybe???

13. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i seriously don't need to see a birth scene on this show!! this is the one thing that i'm like "oh shit" about b/c i do not wanna see that. this is an f-ing CSI show if i wanted to see a scene like this with a main character i'd put on ER or Grey's Anatomy.

scheriinh i like your comment.... maybe you wandered into ER haha. that's how i feel sometimes with NY i feel like i'm watching more personal drama than a crime show.

does anyone remember reading in TV Guide i believe how when Anna Belknap was pregnant the first time the writers were thinking about writting that into the show? i can't remember who said it but they said that it wouldn't have been right at the time and they decieded not to do the storyline then.

i'd say now would be pretty good to do this current D/L story but both characters are in such a mood and have been brought down so low that it hardly seems good at all.

i think we all just have to wait and see what will happen. right now we're all just speculating and making the whole thing out to be this horrible thing (*if it does turn out to be bad just smack me, i might do it to myself*)

14. Top41

All that was mentioned was a quote from Anna where she said the decision not to write in the pregnancy was made because "people who are pregnant can't work around all the chemicals in the lab" or something to that effect. I'm not sure what's changed in the last two years, unless the chemicals are suddenly not dangerous to pregnant women.

15. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

^Too bad it can't be like the X-Files, huh?

Anyway, I have a question about the earlier spoilers. It was mentioned that the higher ups asked Mac to fire Stella. Does this still hold true?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.