The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

I noticed a lot of people talking about a lack of comfort scene in 'For Warrick' and how disappointing that was. And it really was but there was a nice place to insert one. In Grissom's office as the rest of the gang is finally together again, Nick and Greg both come from the same place. It's not the same as an actual scene, but it could be them alluding to one...

I too was disappointed by the funeral sitting arrangements. I thought that was kind of odd because none of it made sense. The only on the did was Sara and Grissom sitting next to each other. I thought for sure that Cath would sit on the other side of Grissom them Nick, then Greg. That would make sense in my head. Of course I was also surprised by lack of Lindsey there, so maybe the writers just aren't all there.

In my head when I first saw that scene I immediately started looking for a reason why and I'll share with you. I think Catherine needed morale support when she went to the funeral of the man she loved. At work she could kind of keep it buried, but it's a whole different playing feild when she's at the actual funeral. I think she needed the support of her friends and Nick and Greg were the obvious choice because Sara and Gil are so wrapped up in each other and I think these days she would feel sort of outcast from Gil and Sara...like a third wheel.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well even though there was no comfort scene between the boys, we still got them together in the hotel room. Nick seemed really down (for obvious reasons) and just let Greg do the work. They did however share many looks with one another. This particular cap comes to mind.

[​IMG]

While Brass is on the phone with McKean, Nick and Greg share a look from across the room. It seemed very telling to me, eye comfort perhaps? We all know they can communicat very well with just their eyes.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  3. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

Hi everybody, long time no post!

I actually enjoyed the episode (I saw it yesterday) and to be honest I was surprised that I did. I'd actually expected very little Nick/Greg interaction, so I was pleased that we actually got the scene of them working the motel room together. Wojo is right, the entire time Greg is working on the fingerprint, Nick is staring at him. That could be interpreted as being interested in the results of the scan, but I feel he was actually searching out Greg as an anchor, a comforting rock in a sea of distress. If he was just waiting for the results, I feel he would have been behind Greg, perhaps pacing the floor until the results came through. It's not the first time we've seen Nick do that. But instead he sat there quietly, seeking eye contact with Greg.

And as was mentioned earlier, when Sara arrived, both Nick and Greg entered the room together. They'd obviously been somewhere together, and there's no doubt in my mind they had offered eachother some sort of comfort then, even if it was only a hug or a hand on the shoulder to say "I'm here if you need me"

It was a shame that they had Catherine be the one to phone Greg at the airport though. Perhaps Nick was just too upset to speak at that point? We know he was only able to shake his head at Catherine when she first arrived, he was overcome with emotion. Perhaps he asked her to ring Greg for him?

And aww, the photograph! I actually teared up at that point. But all the ships, neatly paired off together. That was SO a sign.

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah of course the boys/men communicate their love and each others pain in other ways than just vocalising it! I think that their unspoken gestures of love, of pain, of need makes it all worth while....

It so clear that Greg is just as broken by Warrick as Nick is... The pain in Nick's eyes is sooo heartbreaking to see!

Even towards the end of the episode, I was praying for Nick...

That picture where Greg and Sara finds in Warricks appartment was lovely really..

I think thats a cast picture possing as their characters as opposed to their characters lol.
    Does that make sense?

5. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I was surprised by that as well. And I see your point about Cath needing support form both sides from the boys. But still it would have made more sense for her to sit next to Griss and Nicky on her other side. Also like your idea about the boys coming from the same place when they all meet up in Griss's office. Just the way the boys look at each other brings tears to my eyes. I was glad(that sounds so odd in this situation) to see the writers had Greggo as broken up about Warrick as Nicky was. I was kinda worried that they would treat him like a outside or something. Through this we can see the differences if how the boys express emotion. Nicky keeps things bottled up where as Greggo lets his emotion show to other more. so much love in their eyes for each other.

6. nickfangirl

nickfangirl Prime Suspect

I just saw the episode on demand, it made me choke up! I am unsure what you guys meant by a change in Nick's behavior...Then again, I am bad at predicting.

I do however have an irk. In my book Ultimate CSI, it gives character profiles in it, it says Nick was born August 18th 1971 (lol I'm April 18th 1988) and says Greg was born May 7th 1975. That makes them only 4 years apart. Is it just me or does Greg seem younger then that? Looks and personality wise. (Nothing against George Eads of course, I hope I look that good when I'm 40-41:drool:) I guess it is the maturity levels of the two of them.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL, thats cause Eric has a baby face, and so then will Greg.(We share simila stuff lol)

Regarding Nick and Greg at the funeral, I dont know maybe Cath should've sat next to Nick and Grissom, only reason being is that both men are her clossest friends, (make sense?) of course Warrick was close to most of the team.

Ahhh theres sooo much angsty avenues that poor old Nick could go down in no one knows what will happen!!! Poor Greg, he looked soo lost as well!.

I hope that our gay boys/men consolled each other after the funeral. Yeah cause Nick will need Greg now more than ever- unless he goes over the railings cause of all the angsty.... :scream:

Yeah I'm with you MsCatherineBrown, its good to see that TPTB included Greg in there. Good also to see Mandy,Wendy, Henry, Bobby, etc all was there...

Just sad though, so lets hope that the next instalment is gonna be a bit more lighter.. but then darker as well, cause it needs to get to the bottom of darkness before it gets light again!!

Yeah, I totally agree with Nick being tooo emotional to be able to call Greg back, and thats the reason why Greg did the fingerprinting as well, maybe for Nick he's experiencing hell all over again. (first him, Greg,then sara, now Warrick) Clearly Nick is in a state of disbelief and shock.

The texan is just barley holding it all together.

We saw Sara hugging the team, but it wouldn've been nice just for one to see Nick and Greg hug, then Greg hug Cath and Grissom. If its a case of sexuality and TPTB arent brave enough as Seabird said, then why did we see Sara and Cath hug and not Nick and Greg? (BEMUSED!)

BTW, welcome back old members and hello to new ones!!!

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Agree with this point in the church. I also thought that Cath should sit next to Gris and next Nick. When I was looking at them (I mean Catherine, Nick and Greg) I noticed some movements. I don't know, maybe it was only my imagination. I spotted that (possibly) Cath took Nick's hand (not sure, but Greg's too). When I saw it I thought that when boys sat together they surely would take their hands (romantic, don't you think?). That's why I like this moment with Cath. Maybe she made 'cause she knows about them and wanted them to feel closer?

I'm also happy that writers showed sad Greggo 'cause of Warrick's death. Making him an "outsider" would be stupid. He was also his friend, they had worked together for years. I felt a little bit strange that Nick was so calm and Greg more emotional. I thought that Nick would be with so big anger.

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahhh I have a cunning plan (or idea lol, i just wanted to use that!)

I need to rewatch that, for the hand gestures! Cause i missed it!
    But logically I get ya there Deirdre, cause their hands would be touching! Cause say Cath is holding both of their hands, but in her lap, so Nick's knucles would be touching Greg's. (See?)

Ahh, good you raised that issue of how comes Nick kept it to himself whilst Greg is openly upset.

That is who they are right? Nick keeps things inside himself, and it bubble bubbles (like a vocano) and then he explodes!!! There will be, by definintion of his character episodes where he will brake down!

Although the single most heartbreaking moment for me, was Nick's cheek was wet, a single tear dripping down his face!

Nick Stokes is heading for angstville, population one!

Greg, on the other hand is a more relaxed person that is in touch with his emotions. He just cries, lets anger out, his hoplessness and needing to do something (his conversation with Grissom in the hallway)

But because Nick and Greg are soo different, thats what makes their love strong.

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Exactly! It was really sad moment and normally I should notice that a little bit later (I mean re watch epi, at first watching I'm often missing small things). But I spotted that really fast. Especially when we know how Catherine is dealing with someone's death (Eddie, she liked to be alone). But 'cause of Warrick's death she was more "open". I think that she also needed some hand contact. But in the same time (that's why I like the idea that Catherine knows about boys) she thought about Nick and Greg. In such a moment they needed intimacy too and she gave them that. It's impossible to not love Catherine:)

Cause is more relaxed person I thought that he would deal with it differently. But honestly, I like how writers had done it. It's ok, I think. I said that Nick was more "calm" but definitely behind this he was really uptight (scene with McKenna and that he missed, that was great!).

Nick was really uptight and like you Candy, I see him as a volcano. Surely in future episodes will see that something wrong gonna be with him. It's making me really sad but we know how great actor George when he's doing angsty moments. We're going to have a great role, maybe as awesome as the acting from GD? I hope so. That thought it's making me a little bit better. But still sad cause Nick will have so much trauma:(

Oh, I didn't comment that moment when boys were in the McKenna's place. I saw there Love. Nick was staring at Greg so intensively. Of course we can say that's because he's waiting for the results but I don't think so. When you're waiting for something really badly your sight is often not concentraited on one point. Often you want to turn your head, compound eyes etc. Nick was just staring! That means something and we know what.

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I guess I can't really comment on the ep as I haven't seen it. But I like the idea that Cath took both of their hands, knowing that they'd need contact themselves, as well as her needing the support of her friends. As you say Deirdre, you've gotta love Catherine;)

I saw the cap of the boys at McKeen's place, and it does look intense. I can't wait to see the ep so I can give my thoughts properly :).

I just saw For Gedda though, and the looks in the cafe, wow, are even better when you really see them, not just in caps :) I feel like each moment we get through looks are more intense, I know there's been less touching in recent seasons, but I think the looks they share have been more intense than ever.

I hope that with Nick having some angst, we'll see George's fantastic acting, but hopefully, we'll see Greg there to support him throughout.

12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Hey all. Just dropping in to say that Australia is fast-tracking the new season, so I'll be getting "For Warrick" tomorrow night. It's brilliant, actually, our Monday lineup at the moment. 7:30 - Top Gear, 8:30 - CSI, 9:30 - Supernatural, 10:30 - Torchwood. CSI and Supernatural are all new and fasttracked, Top Gear is the Australian version, and Torchwood is Season Two.

I grinned when I saw that picture. I'm definitely going to be looking out for that photograph at Warrick's place tomorrow night. I'll also keep an eye out for the scene where Nick is staring at Greg. We really do need some 'love', in all senses. Hopefully the writers will start droppping some more in for us, especially since GSR and Yo!Bling are... well. Fingers crossed nothing happens to our boys, because ultimately they're next!

In the TV Week mag here in Australia, Eric Szmanda says that this season Greg will be promoted to CSI 3.

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

You're right bubbles. With all this great angst (I really hope that it'll be something great) Nick will need a support. Who else can comfort him better than Greg? Maybe in those epi/s we gonna have nice comfort scenes? Who knows? "For Warrick" was really only for Warrick so no comfort scenes between Nick and Greg was justified (of course as a comfort moment we can take this one in church). I hope future will give us more;)

14. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I'm yet to see the scene, but I'm guessing that Nick and Greg don't sit beside each other at the funeral? If that's the case, that doesn't really mean much. Sorry to bring up Torchwood (again), but in episode 2x10 "Something Borrowed" when Gwen and Rhys were married, Jack and Ianto sat on opposite ends of the pew with Tosh and Owen between them, and by this point the Jack/Ianto relationship is firmly established. It's not until after that we get their first public display of affection when they dance together.

Oh dear. Now I'm thinking "public declaration of love', lol. I really need to dig out by CSI dvds again. It's been a while. I'll have to jump back on on Tuesday with a proper breakdown of my take on "For Warrick". I love the fact that Australia will be getting the episodes so soon after they air in the USA.

15. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Wow. Level 3? I thought he was just moving up to level two. Hmmmm. Now I'm wondering.

Ah, the funeral. The only thing I really noticed was that Catherine took Nick's hand, but I'm not sure myself if she took Greg's. It'd make sense if she did, though, because she is close with both of them.

I really like the idea that she would put both the boys' hands in her lap, just so they could be touching. She could've been holding them at her sides, but I prefer the lap idea better. Shows that Catherine can be her amazing self even in the midst of a total tragedy.

^^ Bolding is mine.

Serenity, I totally agree with you. Nick needed something to latch on to, something that wasn't going to fade away or disappear. Greg was the obvious choice, and Nick needed the familiarity of Greg, too. He needed someone, and he had Greg just by looking at him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.