Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Wow. What an episode
    I loved the subtle GSR...that's exactly how it should continue

When Sara and Nick entered Warrick's place, and Nick said "He hasn't even settled in yet"...cut to Sara with an "I kow what that feels like" face
    And she seems to be getting rid of the ghosts...no more making the bed and taking out the trash in case a nutcase killer comes by...that's a good sign

I loved how Sara made him talk about how Warrick died, and giving him consolation, and showing him the video as proof

I'm not sure what to make of the promo for next Thursday though...

2. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I loved the epi last night and thought they handled Sara's reunion with the team beautifully. It lead me to believe she had had some previous contact with each of them ... the communication was sad and peaceful, but it didn't feel like anyone was shocked to see her. The hug between Cath and Sara was particularly poignant, IMO.

As for next week's promo ...

I haven't looked at the extended CBS promo a second time, but after 1 viewing, it looks to me like all the Sara shots are probably the same day ... she seems to be wearing that little white shirt in all the shots ... some with a jacket over, some without. That having been said, I'm wondering where the bed scene with Grissom occurs in relation to the rest of the epi's events. I was kinda bummed to hear him ask her to stay ... I would think he of all people would understand that she wouldn't be able to do that at this point. But there may be a context I'm not seeing in such a short clip.

We were all warned about the darkness before the dawn, and that JF would be "in and out" so I guess that's where we're headed now. Not that it's not dark already .... I'm so gonna miss Warrick.
    Ali

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

it's the next day so no spoiler boxes required , right?

i thought the episode was amazing. they got McKeen nice and quick, like within the on episode. but really , how cheesy was "Fleeing to Mexico" ? lol.
    so TPTB kind of took out two birds with one stone in this story plot because i don't think we'll be seeing much of Jeffery McKeen anymore. :thumbsup: poor Warrick though, i cried a little when i realized he really was gone..hasn't really sunken in yet :borg:

they didn't put alot of thought into Warrick's son thought , like it was an "omg" moment then it was over. but Eli (?) i think his name was, was adorable at the funeral :p
    but Sara was not 'Stoic' , who ever went public with that comment? she maybe looked strong , I'll give her that but she was terribly sad, and it showed in her eyes the whole time.
    something else unimportant that i noticed , they were all weeping and had teary eyes at the funeral but Catherine was the first one to actually cry. i think that's kind of fitting...i also like how Grissom's speech wasn't perfect if you know what i mean? like he kind of fell apart at the end. very touching episode.

not too sure what to make of next weeks promo...it almost looks as if we're back to classical CSI - Hypnotist and a bikini clad girl :rolleyes:
    probably makes for an interesting story. but wasn't there a spoiler pic from 9x02 a few weeks ago? we're bound for some GSR at least.

the GSR scenes in For Warrick were subtle and didn't steal Warricks thunder. i liked how Sara hugged everybody though :)

better safe than sorry:
    the extended promo looks really good. the scene at the end looks almost heart breaking. where Grissom goes "Why don't you stay?" he sounds so crushed. for a second it looked like she was un-buttoning his shirt :lol: my minds in overdrive
    but it will be a cute scene , something to etch into our brains once she's departed ... again.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  4. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

Hey folks - well, I said I'd be back when the series started and here I am! OMGOMGOMG is all I can say - I've finished crying :( and am watching the epi back for a second time to take in all the details.

Blimey.... I really didn't think Warrick would die, but when Gil came round the corner and realised, I knew it would happen... so unbelievably sad and so touching.

I really thought they did a stellar job with this episode all around. Others have said it already but yes, the GSR was just perfect - understated but soooo personal and moving. Gil's face when he held Sara :(:( Brilliant. And their hands intertwined - so loving and she was so strong for him. Brilliant again.

I think I swore a lot at McKeen all the way through the episode(!) and was jumping up and down when Nick made the connection to him over the car evidence. That's our team - the best.

Haven't seen the promo for next week as I'm still 100% and totally spoiler-free which is cool, but I can definitely feel why Billy would think it a good time to bow out of the show in the aftermath of losing 'a son', as Warrick was for him.

Hugs to y'all x

5. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

p.s. couple of extra review points -

1. As a spoiler-free fangirl, I had Gil's wonderful feeling of shock to see Sara in his office - I totally wasn't expecting it so soon or in that way, and yet it was perfect when it happened

2. I love the fact that Sara was included in the lab, and the big fact that she was the one to break the case - she thought of the fact McKeen might have loaded the rounds himself, which led to finding his prints. She's still got it! :D

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Correction. It was Nick who first broke the case. He was the first one to suggest it was MKeen. Sara suggested evidence that could link him.

I watched the episode a few times.

7. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

Hey there myfuturecsi i did say that in my first post - all credit to Nicky boy, he was Warrick's best friend and he was owed the catch. Poor Nick - he's been through a bad time all in all :( Good to see him being the one to bring McKeen in especially after all that. I was just pleased to see Sara getting to help out actively along with everyone else and showing she's still a sharp lady. It was a real team job all in all as we knew it would be - they'd never let the bad guy get away from them on this one.

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

this thread is for Grissom/Sara not contradiction of a comment , I think the For Warrick thread would be better suited for that. Thank you.

But I agree with O_Cat (welcome back by the way!! We've all missed you!), I'm glad that Sara could still be a part of the case even though she technically isn't qualified to do so. The funeral scene is the hardest thing for me to watch especially with Sara...I mean all of the acting was great but jorja was superb. I'm not trying to take away from the pirpose of this episode but when she was watching Grissom making his good bye speech there was something else in her eyes besie saddness. But you can kind of tell that she won't end up staying...it's just a sub-vibe she's giving off in a way:confused:

9. vixster

vixster Dead on Arrival

I got to see the episode over the internet, and i must say i havent cried at a tv show like that in my life!!!
    The end, when we see grissom break for the first time ever, was the most powerful seen ever. i mean when he was trying to keep control and then he just couldnt, i was crying my eyes out! i luv WP so much!! i loved the seen when gris and sara were talking about warricks death and then when she showed him the video....
    but what did we all think about gris in that t-shirt!! OMG i was like, why on earth does he wear sobaggy clothes!! did you see the biceps!!!! (droools.....) he looks really good this season. But yeah i dont think she will stay...but i dont think they wil break up gsr as why would they when we can see how much they love each other and obviously griss only talks openly when he is with her. realistically i think they will leave together, as why have we been watching the relationship evolve for so many years from them to break up at the very end... that would be pointless.
    Anyway i am realllllllllllllllllllly looking forward to next weeks ep.. cant wait for the bed seen, i want to know what sara says to him.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hi fans, what to say:( I was so shell-shocked after last nights premiere, that I felt like I lost a good friend, and today felt listness and lost, and I guess that's the mouning process. I loved Gary/Warrick ever since I first saw him. Lord have mercy, I had held out that he lived, and was so grief stricken I couldn't believe it. Of course I was happy to see Gil & Sara reunited and the "hug" so poignant and bittersweet. Sara going "he loved you" and Gil saying "I loved him too" And the team welcoming her back so sweet, but on such a tragic situation~ I didn't think they'd catch that weasel McKeen in the first ep. wow, and Nick's great acting, he so wanted to shoot the a..hole, but the Emmy goes to Billy Petersen that eulogy, his acting electrfying, talk about a tear-jerker :( one of the best episodes in CSI history to me. So she's back and with him still as it should be:) The only happy note to this whole mess~ oh, and a footnote it came in #1 in the ratings:bolian:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

*waves* I'm lurking these days, but here is my review of the ep: It's mostly GSR... so... I'm posting pretty much all of it in here for once.

Let's start with Gil finding Sara... He walks through those familiar halls, so dejected, and the camera follows him, as once Sara did in pursuit of his time for, perhaps, a meal. This time, we're following him in a seemingly aimless walk ending in his office, where he finds something he never expected. There she stands, and for this time, none of what has transpired between them matters. Any bad tastes left in their mouths from how she departed need not be addressed, because in this moment she is there for him and his needs moreso than her own. She often in the episode seems out of place in Vegas, to no longer consider it her present and future, but in this moment, she just holds him.

It's very much her supporting him. He buries his head in her shoulder as she holds her hand high on his back, keeping him steady, letting him know that it's ok to let it out. Since walking in the doors, since the moment Warrick died, he's been holding it in. He's been just going through the motions, but in this moment, in her arms, he chokes up, and allows himself to feel a bit of the dispair he's been bottling inside.

When we come back, they're hand in hand, across from one another, and he's telling her about what happened. At first, the "Tell Me" from Sara bothered me, but the more I think about it, it's her coaxing him not to hold it in. Several years back, he demanded answers out of her in her apartment as she weeped out a story she dared not say before. It was a horrible burden to bear, but having someone else there to carry it made it easier, and I feel like she is offering that to him when she says, "Tell me." It's not about her being nosy or trying to pry, but giving him the ok to talk about it, and what's even more remarkable, is that he takes it. He opens up to her, and tells her things that he probably could not tell anyone else.

When the others walk in, their hands separate, but linger slightly, as though sharing that last bit of support and love before rejoining the group. When they got together, Gil and Sara tried to keep their romance separated from their work, so it makes sense that though they are no longer in hiding, they're still not going to be too incredibly overt in front of everyone.

Sara's little speech within the scene at his apartment is also very telling of how she has changed since leaving Vegas. She mentions how she used to make her bed in case she never came home, and that hit me really hard. I've worked in news, and sometimes things can get so dark. You sit there in a dark newsroom on the night shift, surrounded by people who constantly voice their desire for a shooting, preferably a violent one, maybe a double shooting. It gets into your blood, and it aches. After a while, it's too much to handle. I believe Sara's desire for justice drove her farther than her heart had strength to take, but now she's living a life without that darkness, without the constant reminders of death and her own mortality. She's finally LIVING with a sight towards a future.

Sara tells Gil he needs to see the video, and I love that she can get him to stop, to take a moment out of his time to see how much this man really loved him. They had such an amazing relationship in earlier seasons, and it's just so beautiful to see Gil and Sara standing there, and though Warrick never referred to Gil by name, Gil got to know in what high regard he was held. For once, the accolades are not bestowed upon Gil for his scientific prowess, but for his nature as a human being. I doubt Gil ever thought of himself as "nurturing" despite his ability to teach. For one, he gets to see someone who loved him because of the man he is, because of the life he led. I think that could be a driving force for Gil in helping him realize that there is so much more to him than science.

I love that Sara was the one to come up with the break in the case, to figure out what piece of evidence might help them. It reminded me of so many other times that she was the final piece of the puzzle... with the Calendar and fake victim in that one serial killer case, when she told Gil to "think outside the box," when she realized how the wax in "Invisible Evidence" was transferred. There was something about it that showed that maybe she's living another life, but it doesn't mean she's not sharp. She hasn't lost that magic that she has, which might make it harder for Gil to understand why she does not want to return to her life as a CSI. Just because one has skills does not mean one wants to spend a lifetime using that one section of abilities. Sometimes, people have to branch out. Gil spent years encouraging Sara to do that, to try to keep her from chasing rabbits and listening to scanners all the time. She has finally found that place where she's not doing that, but Gil's not quite ready to follow her out.

12. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

Do we have CSI/GSR hang-over here?....

Oh my … I wanna give you all a big hugs and kisses. And to Alyssa, kiss on both cheeks to you. (you are very good & that was enough gsr episode 1 for me). Thank you. You are all wonderful and fantabulous. Reading these posts meant so much since I am the only one gsr’er here, I think, whose unable to watch(?). Having these beautiful comments & beautiful people made my weekend afternoon wonderfully spent.

I haven’t gone to watch thru the net yet, and my audio is not working so I probably would not enjoy it. *But I appreciate if someone directs me where to go (PM me) for future reference as soon my computer is fixed*. I don’t know if I just wanna delay my gratification & wait until it airs here in the region. And/or maybe I’d settle here for now, reading your views. I’d take what I can get, I trust in the power of GSR loyal fans ;). If I got one like these every week then reading is same way great than watching. I can wait… :thumbsup:
    Is she really? Nice knowing she broke the case.
    Dear Alyssa, you put words into my mouth. Your description of csi sara sidle is exactly what I am thinking of. Well, you just did it much better than mine, (yeh, idol, he he..;)) She left Vegas to find & heal herself. Something has done her good in leaving and we have a gap to fill in, what happen to her in between those times. And if leaving meant a “life”, then who would prevent someone for doing that? All of a sudden I think of this Grissom & Hodges scene in 8x08 (playing cards/game), when Hodges said to Grissom something like “being not ready to leave the job, the challenges, puzzles but Sara was. And you cannot stand in the way of that, when it’s time for someone to move on, you just gotta let them go.

And back to our butterfly, she flies back to us again because of Warrick’s matter. Coming back doesn’t mean staying forever, so (we) gsr will hold on until we have reason to.

So next episode, Sara still in? Is that the one I saw in the pic thread? (G/S in bed?).
    Looking forward to another round guys.

One lazy Saturday afternoon here for you...
    [​IMG]
    Off to go. Happy weekend!

13. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

Thank you for the amazing review,Alyssa!
    I am now on Team Spoiler Free because I want/need to be suprised on how the rest of the show (mainly the GSR) goes. I ruined it for myself with the premier and I won't do it again. I need to feel the GSR love, ya know.
    Hello, all GSRers, have a great weekend!

14. delko2calleigh

delko2calleigh Witness

Woot I am with you PiperGrissom! Spoiler free for GSR otherwise it aint suprising its like "oh look there it was...Hmm I thought it would have been sweeter" Ya'know?

15. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

Exactly! I told ilovegsr that I didn't squee at the hug cause I'd seen it 30 times, I want to be totally shocked (happily) at how it all turns out.
    Now, how is everyone? Are we still feeling the GSR love? I know I am!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.