"The Happy Place" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#902) "The Happy Place"

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES THE CASE OF A HYPNOTIST BANK ROBBER WHOSE LAST HEIST ENDED IN MURDER. - A hypnotist who uses her powers of persuasion to rob banks becomes the prime suspect in a murder investigation. - Nick and Catherine investigate why a woman who was about to be married would have taken a swan dive off of her balcony. Also Grissom investigates the brutal murder of a woman found in an alley. The investigation gets tougher with the discovery that her two-year-old was with her when she was murdered.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    Hodges: Wallace Langham
    David Phillips: David Berman

GUEST CAST:
    Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
    Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
    Det. Vega: Geoffrey Rivas
    Viviana Conway aka Madame Marvelous: Glenne Headley
    Scott Bonfilio: Sam Murphy
    Randy Hopper: Bruno Campos
    Det. Williams: Gabriel Casseus
    Paula Bonfilio: Kristin Dattilo
    Sprig Grenigier: Ricki Noel Lander
    Pamela Adler: Michelle Anne Johnson
    Tom Adler: Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine
    Trixie: Nicole Vicius
    Leon Slocomb: Bruce Weitz
    Tony Thorpe: Aldis Hodge
    Jacob Wolf: Ivar Brogger
    Brett Davidson: Ryan Doom
    Grace Powell: Linara Washington
    Old Lady: Connie Sawyer
    Day Care Worker: Adrienne Smith
    Bellman: Bambadjan Bamba
    Clucker #1: Mark Nelson
    Clucker #2: Martin Chow
    Clucker #3: Baadje-Lyne Odums
    Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
    Paula Francis: Paula Francis
    Gina Cancelliere: Gina Cancelliere

WRITTEN BY: Sara Goldfinger
    DIRECTED BY: Nathan Hope

Thanks To:
    The Futon Critic
    TV.com CSI LV

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I decided to bring this thought over from the other spoiler thread.

3. troll

troll Victim

4. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I'd posted another theory on one of the other boards, but the more I think about it, the more I think you're right, Wojo. Listening to the promo, I think maybe Greg's been called in to process Pam Adler's body ... which would mean a crime was involved (and obviously, it wouldn't be the crime that first put her on life support). I could see Sara being mad if Tom Adler initially lied to her about how Pam came off life support, but I can also see the idea of him being prosecuted for this being the thing that drives home the idea that she can't deal with the whole system anymore. That storyline would also be consistent with the way the writers have sometimes woven really life stories/controversies into the epis.

I'm a Sara fan, but given that she is almost certainly leaving in this epi, I'm ready for that to happen just so the anticipation of angst (at least for me) eases a bit. That having been said, I'm glad to see that there still seem to be plans for a grief counselor to talk to team members in epi 3 ... Warrick has been too important for his death to be a one-epi story.

Ali

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, here is the longer version of The Happy Place promo. CBS finally posted it on YouTube.

And an article on the episode too. Just basicallly saying what the epi is about. It also has the promo.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was in the latest TV Guide dated Oct.13-19 about "The Happy Place" *SPOILER*

Marriage?Grissom Jr.?, what does the future hold for Gil & Sara? The answer could come tonight, since Jorja Fox is back on the scene" & a little pic. of Jorja included!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As I pointed out the last time you posted this. They are just guessing here, they have no idea what's in store.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

You might want to write to the TV Guide, this is their news, not mine, I'm just posting what is in there!

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hmm...post about Grissom/Sara and a baby carriage--scratches head..checks title..okay I'm in the right thread.

So...I'm curious..why is Gary Dourdan still in the credits? Hm.....

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh u remember there was talk that Gary will still be around but not in flashbacks! I think that this will be explained in this episode lol.

Ahh happy place, well from watching the trailer thanks vampiregirl... it makes it all clear, there is no happy place, no happy ending. Life is just life.

Dark dark places this is going to... Great!!!

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually when I got that from the Futon critic, no one was listed as series regular there was just a "Guest cast" listed there. So I went back to the "for Warrick" ep descript and got it from there (ie to copy & Paste) at first I was going to leave his name out of it, but then it is the next ep so I figured I would leave it in for one more ep as there may still be talk about him or a mentioning, Also in case he hasn't been removed from the opening credits. Depending on the site I use if they have the actor/character name listed then it will be left, but after this if it isn't his name will not be added unless he will be in the scene, in which case it would be under guest. Hope that makes sense.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Life sucks and then you get shot in the neck! :(

I agree, I see nothing happy about this episode whatsoever. I like dark CSI, it tells it like it is.

So a hypnnotist talks people into suicide.

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahh lol is that what this episode is about lol cause I got confused lol:guffaw:

Generally speaking a hynotheripist dont kill people they can help a person quit smoking, loose weight. OR a stage show that gets a person to sing like a dog or something, however no matter how much a person is hypnotised they cant act against their free will or so it goes.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

OH charming. A hynotherapist talking people into committing suicide. Maybe the CSIs can take him/her to visit McKeen in jail. Heheheh

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw:Brilliant idea!