"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

Brass was sitting on the other side of the church with all of the police officers. He was next to Mitch and Metcalf.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I sort of figured out from the beginning why Nick is so unemotional. I think TPTB expected us to figure Nick would lose his mind (which I'm convinced he is). So for him to be so unemotional was quite telling of his state of mind. He's in shock.

I think the show balanced everything out for once it's in long haul. Grissom was the one to find him and watch him die while Nick got to be the one to find the guy who did it. I kind of preferred it this way when I think about it. Everyone got their moment to shine in this episode. Greg and Sara go to his apartment; Grissom got to the video but we didn't dwell on it. That part really hurt. I taped it but I'll probably skip over it because it hurt to see Grissom's face which was just etched in grief.

I know this sounds really bad, but I was relieved when they showed Warrick dying because we expected it and knew it was going to hurt so when it was over it was like phew..that awful part is over and we now know he's dead. Didn't make it any easier.

I thought the actor playing McKeen was great, especially when he was goading Nick...holly cow..that was a very powerful scene and even though the spoilers had told us otherwise, my friend and I were still crying, "No Nick, please..dont' do it!" And the look on his Nick's face was gut-wrenching.

That last scene reminded me of the movie Seven actually.

Now I think we're probably going to understand why Grissom is leaving. Having Warrick die in his arms is his undoing. As much as I'll miss Billy, poor Grissom needs some major happiness now. He needs to go hang out with a bunch of bugs in the Amazon Rainforest.

3. Amerz523

Amerz523 Victim

I've never cried during a CSI episode until tonight. And I cried A LOT. mostly in the beginning and at the end; the funeral scene. wow.... I think that was the best episode ever. for sure.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh, I forgot to mention, the preview for next week's ep... when Sara says, "That is why I can't do this anymore!" (meaning the job), for some reason I laughed. The look on her face when she said it was funny like something someone did had disgusted her or something. :lol:

5. KFK

KFK Witness

The ending was so very poignant. It went beyond my expectations. I cried so at the end and my hubby even had a tear in his eye. If he gets choked up you know it was a good episode.

6. AcidQueen

AcidQueen Victim

I don't think I have ever loved Nick so much as I do after this episode. Seriously. I cried my eyes out through half the ep (and especially at the end), and my heart? OMG, my heart just broke for Catherine because all she has now are might-have-beens. :( I wanted to hug them all--except, of course, for McKeen, who I wanted to see fry. Really, it was only fitting that Nick was the one who wound up cornering him--the brave Paladin riding off to avenge his closest comrade-in-arms in the name of Justice. *happy tears*

And the funeral...man, the funeral. I wanted to hug Grissom right there when he broke down during the eulogy, like I wanted to hug him when he found out how Warrick really did look up to him as a father-figure.

Man I missed this show. I really really missed this show.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

SPECTACULAR one of the best CSI episodes ever in CSI history, the whole thing from beginning to the end, the pace was exquisite, we were all sitting on the edges of our seats in silence. So sad, so unbeliveable, so I guess my hopes of holding out that he lived were dashed tonight, tears flowed. Seeing Gil & Sara reunite, together again, and it didn't overshadow the ep. at all, it was subtle and perfect. The team welcoming Sara back, with big hugs, and big kudos to Nick, amazing performance. So he is the one who found those prints, and so furious, that he couldn't even cry till the funeral. Cath amd Mandy doing the fingerprint match. Greg and Sara going to his spot and discovering that he had a son. Sara saying to Grissom 'He loved you" and Grissom replied "I loved him too" when do we ever hear Grissom expressing his emotions? Brass, so always on top of the crime, the whole lab so in shock:wtf: And the chase to catch the weasel, McKeen and the dirty cop with Nick & Brass in hot pursuit, and I was and the rest of us going "NO NO" when Nick wanted so bad to shoot him "shut up" he kept saying:scream: OMG the services, so beyond sad what to say. Billy Petersen magnificent actor, he rules! his expressions, and all of them crying, the grief the pain. I'm still in awe of the most stupendous show, the directing was superb, and the greatest cast ever in TV history:bolian:

8. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Uhm is it just me or was McKeen's backstory incredibly weak? waaay to elaborate
    and why did McKeen call in the cops in the first place?

The sounds of Warrick dying really sent a chill down my spine
    I loved how they showed all the team's different reactions: Gil and Nick just sitting/standing in shock, Cath crying, Greg needing to to something, Ecklie getting the investigation to start, dayshift Coroner having to take over from Doc Robbins

Grissom walking through the lab in shock and drenched in blood was a good way to show the labrats grieving as well
    I don't think the GSR was overdone, the focus was more on the Warrick-Grissom relationship
    Billy Petersen showed what a great actor he is...the horror and grief on his face, especially in the video scene, and of course in the last scene, were just...wow

I like the way they split it between Nick and Griss: Griss got the emotional scenes (findig Warrick, video, funeral) while Nick took on a more active role in the investigation and of course hunted down McKeen. It's a good setup for Nick to take over more responsibility in the lab once Grissom will be gone

Definitely the best of the three season openers

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

And I'm glad that the "spoiler" about McKeen investigating the murder wasn't true. That would have sucked. I wonder if McKeen will die from the bullet wound in his abdomen courtesy of Pritchard. I think if I had been Nick, I might have pulled a "Giles" and walked over to McKeen, bent down and clamped my hand over his mouth and nose very carefully so that it would look like he died only from the bullet wound. :lol: McKeen's just lucky it was Nicky and not Horatio. I don't think Horatio (these days anyway) [or even Delko for that matter] would have hesistated to pull the trigger. :lol:

10. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Easily one of the best episodes in CSI history. The actor's all showed great emotion and the scene at the end where Nick held off on killing the undersheriff was great. The thing that makes the episode bittersweet is knowing that while Jorja and William are leaving on their own accords, Gary fell into the trap like many of the make believe chracters on the show have. Sad to see another great career ended by the scrouge of drugs.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

For me, this was too fast paced. I was under the impression, as other were as well, that the McKeen storyline was to be arched over 5 episodes or so. I'm really not a fan of 'jam packing' all the action into one episode. Too much for me to handle. It's a far cry from the format of CSI even a few seasons ago.

Alas, I digress.....

Again, I thought this was going to be an arc over several episodes, so I was really shocked when Nicky had McKeen at gun point in the forest. My first reaction was OH NO HE DIDN'T when Brass was running up to him.

As much as I am not into all the personal storylines lately, I have to say, Nicky is the one who seriously needed a meltdown. I'm suprised he didn't just randomly start shooting then try to explain to Brass that McKeen got in the way. :eek:

The return of Sara wasn't as 'emotional' as I thought it was going to be. I really liked the part when she told Grissom that Warrick loved him.

Then the ending...

That's the part I also began to cry. William Petersen is an amazing actor. He has played the stoic Gil Grissom for 9 years. It's about time we see him break down. I don't think think he was this emotional when Sara left???
    Anyway, it was very sad and touching that the whole team was there including his ex-wife and his son. How many people didn't think that baby was his? Otherwise it wouldn't have been brought up.

Overall, a really good episode.

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

This was a much more entertaining episode than I had expected it to be.
    I agree with you, heather. I thought the McKeen storyline would drag out over a few episodes. I'm sure glad it didn't. However, I'm guessing it's not over yet. McKeen is STILL alive, so anything is bound to happen the rest of the season regarding him.

I can't remember specific points of the episode I'd like to highlight here right now, but I just finished posting a long review of the episode at my place for anyone that wants to check it out my full summary.

13. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

great review, kaylyne.

i haven't seen the epsidoe yet. so warrick won't return anymore? what about greg, what did he want in Los Angeles?

14. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

He wrote a book about old Las Vegas and had planned to meet with prospective publishers in LA to discuss details (see also the review of last season's finale, last paragraph)

15. Myron

Myron Dead on Arrival

I was unable to watch CSI last night due to a crappy rooftop antenna I have. I lost both picture and sound on CBS (of all days). I was looking-forward to this episode all summer long. I am trying to learn how they caught the Undersheriff and what was the confrontation with him and with Nick. Was there a fight or anything? Was the Undersheriff arrested? Was the Undersheriff involved with the underworld? Did they find the weapon used to murder Warrick? I will have to wait for the re-run.