Gil <3 Cath #29: PureJoy–Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Title for the next Gil <3 Cath therad?

1. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Ready for a Tequila Holiday

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – How 'Bout That Roll in the Sack?

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Partners at Work and at Play

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Back in the Sack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – God, Just Kiss Already!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because It's Been Brewing All Along

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – The Definition of Chemistry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexing Up the Sin City

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Chemistry Since Day One

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  11. Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Because They Have a Healthy Relationship

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I love that episode. Hot damn!

Oh! And I remember writing a fic for that episode with the "Not Enough." I blame Erica - she cons me into this things.

It's called Not Enough. And I'm not posting the link here, because there's an observation room, and then...yeah...well.

I can't wait to see the ET questions either. I think that'd be pretty darn funny.

And if they're trying to break a record in someone's house, let's hope it's Gil's house - because if Lindsey is home...poor kid...no wonder she's had all these issues over the years with her mum and Mr Grissom doing it all the time at home...

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL I believe you saw Hottie's sig. She made an animation using a cap of Gil from Way to Go and a cap of Catherine from Dead Doll and used it as her sig. It was so cute and so hilarious. Let me see if I have it...

LOL here you go:

[​IMG]

So the answer is yes. Catherine does have a hat similar to that one. Perfect match eh? :lol:

I've always loved Shooting Stars. Our duo were totally pulling Mulder and Scully when they were in the desert and the bunker. I love it that they're always protecting each other. :)

Oh now Anne is blaming me for the smut she writes. I didn't make her do such stuff. She converted me into a smuthead. I had been reading her fics even before I got to know her in person. :p

3. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

You say that like it's a bad thing! I enjoyed it muchly. We've said it so many times before but they should make a CSI PPV, sure that would spark a few ideas. *whistles*

Once. All day and all night. :p

Hotties sig! I always loved that, and well that episode was just fantastic. Let's not forget about everything else they share too, wasn't our thread name something like that once? As an X Files geek you could see that they were obviously going for the Mulder/Scully thing. My fav bit of that ep is where they're just walking in the desert, so cute for some reason.

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Maybe Cath borrowed them from him... I could picture her stealing them when he's not looking. Though he might get a little suspicious if she keeps doing that...

5. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

So I watched the Marg segment on ET today and the only thing worth mentioning was...the fact that she would like Viggo Mortensen to be on the show at some point (which I am ABSOLUTELY in agreement with) and that she has gotten really emotional about Billy leaving at certain points. Awwww. :(

6. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I watched it too, Gravy, God she is so damn cool. Gotta say I don't know that much about Marg but what I've seen, I just adore her :D I cheered when she said she liked Mad Men (as it is awesomes) and Viggo (as he is gorgeous :p) The thing about her being emotional about Billy leaving, sigh, so cute. Who's betting that Catherine may cry in thier last scene, doubt Marg will be able to not cry. I so don't want Grissom to leave now :(

Oh and that's another thing I was thinking, I very much doubt that Marg is gonna enjoy being on CSI as much without Billy (no offence to any of the other cast but it's obvious he's the closest to her) so I'm thinking that we might lose her next season. Gonna be nobody left.

Anywho, I made a shedload of GCR/Billy icons, wanted to share the booty with my lovely ladies.
    Here be the linky :D http://ams87.livejournal.com/11050.html#cutid1 Enjoy! :D

7. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I do remember seeing Hotties sig. I just couldn't remember where.:lol: They even wear matching clothes and hats...hello, why aren't they together again?! Oh, that reminds me, I thought of another nice scenerio for them...since they seem to shop for clothing together, how about inside a dressing room?:devil:

I watched the interview too and thought it was funny when she said football was one of her tv guilty pleasures. Now I wonder if Billy got her into that? I couldn't help, but think that since he use to play.:lol: It was kind of sad when she said it gets emotional sometimes thinking about him leaving....I bet she'll cry, I mean come on, who won't?:( I think it definately won't be the same for her after Billy's gone cause just like 19ams87 said, they seem to be the closest. I think she may stick around for another season and then who knows......wouldn't it be cool if Gil came back to get her and they just take off and that's the way she left the show?

Love your icons, 19ams87...I may just have to snag a few.:thumbsup:

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I think she would but try really hard to hide it. I would love to see Gil comfort her... he's more than allowed too. *pokes TPTB* Right? I'm rooting for a great final PureJoy scene... for now at least. We all know that Gil can't stay away from Cath for long.

TPTB would roll over in their graves if that happened... but then again, I would love to see that! And I don't think Billy and Marg would object...

9. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Because TPTB smell. Basically. Oh and a little fact that they're blind to chemistry. Oh and call me Ams btw. And snag all you want :D

Like Karu said, TPTB would rather burn their eyes than see that happen but it doesn't mean someone can't make it happen via fic :D :D I'm praying for an emotionalish final scene but I'm not getting my hopes up, had them dashed too many times to do it again. Silly TPTB.

10. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

So we finally got some PureJoy scenes where looks are louder than words (the best kind). "For Warrick" was a heartbreaker, and with the exception of one thing, it was one of the best episodes I've seen in a long time. The look at the end was spectacular.

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I've always thought that's what's really special about PureJoy. They don't need to say a word. They just look at each other and they know.

I haven't seen this episode (someone said it airs in Australia on Monday), but from what I've heard, PureJoy is still sailing loud and clear.

I also saw THAT scene - and as I've said to Erica before, Billy just doesn't seem to be into it anymore. Not really making it believable.

Meanwhile, who has screencaps? Clips? I need my PureJoy! I promise fic in return ;)

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I just saw the ep and it is truely heartbreaking, and, I'm being honest, I wasn't ever a huuuuge 'rick fan, I mean I always liked him but never grew too attached to him, and it's still heartbreaking. The PureJoy is subtle but somehow very powerful and lovely. The first scene just KILLED me, I mean I screamed 'OMG GRISSOM, HUG HEEEER!' but, to be fair he was kinda zoned out and covered in blood. :( The end scene, the look she gives him, god dammit :( It's so bittersweet, to me she was crying but trying to smile at him and stay stong, urging him to carry on.
    And to add a pervy twist, when she said 'We'll have to take your clothes.' I was like, 'I bet you will!" ;)

Head over to the Billy picture thread, Rocky said she had some uploaded at her site.
    ETA - Here thee go, Anne. http://csi-caps.mysites.nl/mypages/csi-caps/435333.html

It really wasn't that bad, I'm preparing myself for *that* scene, which, to be honest, I'll probs just laugh through or skip. Just thanking the Gods that it didn't take over like it used to. I also loved that it was Cath who interrupted them, oops. Bitter much? As for Billy not being into it like he used to be, I dunno, I mean, I love the man to death but he sometimes contradicts himself a bit. It's confusing. Sometimes he's all like YAY GCR (see article, pics etc :p) and then other times he likes GSR. We'll see what happens in the weeks to come.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought the same thing about the scene where Cath broke down. I was thinking someone needed to hug her. Grissom was of course first choice, but he was covered in Warrick's blood and somehow I don't think that would be too comforting for her. So, I was like... Nicky, Brass, someone get over there and hug that poor woman. :lol:

I think Billy likes the idea of Grissom playing the field. :lol: No, seriously... I think about the GSR stuff, he just said what people expected him to say at the time. But now he's like, you know she's left the show, so its okay to speak about Grissom possibly being involved with Cath. :) I mean, he didn't before because he didn't want to upset GSR fans, but now he probably feels like its okay if he expresses that since Sara's no longer a full time character.

I dunno, but next week's ep... :sigh:

I really like Gil and Cath's friendship though. I really wanted her to go up to the podium and hug him when his voice cracked at the funeral.

14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Actually, I read that TPTB think they're like brother and sister... which is completely and totally wrong! I don't think they were planning on coupling them until Billy and Marg lit up the screen together. *gives Billy and Marg high-fives* Way to go guys... I vote for Billy and Marg to be in charge of pairings. They've done a pretty good job so far.

You've got that right... they've got couple's telepathy so they just need to look at each other to communicate. I doubt many couples even have that... then again, not many have been together for twenty years!

15. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

He could've hugged after she had "taken his clothes" and he had revealed that gorgeous black shirt he was wearing underneath *THUD* He looks so good now. #

I think we all like that idea eh? I do like the theory of him saying what was expected and now he's left (so to speak) he can say what he thinks. I mean, nobody has character insights like they do, not even the writers, well in my opinion anyway. And I'm not just saying it but, in some interviews, when he talks about GSR, man he just seems so tired, perhaps it was because he gets asked about it a lot. I think that's why I appreciated the article all the more, because it was someone asking about Grissom and Catherine for a change. It's what finally got me back into CSI, back into GCR and back posting here. I can easily say I would've never watched S9 if it wasn't for that article. Maybe we're all being played in order to make us watch lol, I dunno. GSR just doesn't bother me anymore. As cheesy as it sounds, I've grown past it. Now, more than getting angry about GSR, I'm just like, whatever, kinda don't care anymore lol. Said it once and I'll say it again, whatever they do with GSR, it'll never, ever be as hot at those ET kisses.

Oh, that's what I keep meaning to ask, does anybody know how long they've actually known each other for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.