"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

I thought it was excellent! Just enough of everything and not too much of everything else. The part that got me was everyone kind of standing/sitting around while Warrick's body laid there. And poor Super Dave. :(

2. verycool

verycool Victim

i had tears in my eyes while watching the episode. it was such an emotional show. wow!!! The parts that got me was while warrick was being interviewed for his psych test (didnt know he had a son) and he implied grissom was the father he always wanted, and when grissom spoke at his funeral. omg. And poor Nick standing there pointing the gun at the under sheriff. wow.
    The show exceeded my expectations.

3. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

Awesome episode. The only was a little misty at the beginning of the episode when Catherine walked up to Gil and Warrick's body. I didn't actually tear up until the end of his eulogy. The writers definitely sealed the deal when they had Grissom end with the "I'll miss him" comment and kind of break down.

4. CSIFan119

CSIFan119 Hit and Run

I pretty much cried the whole episode. Of course, i cried every time i saw the promo. It was an awesome episode and McKeen got what he deserved. Grissom really got to me with his emotions. I loved the end scene with Nick was great. It was one of the best episodes of CSI. He was the reason I cried so much. I'm really going to miss Warrick.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  5. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

To see Grissom, who usually does not show emotion, just to break down like that was so great and sad at the same time. I cried when they panned to the picture they used at the funeral with Warrick smiling so bright.

6. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

Of yeah I forgot at the beginning of the episode, Grissom staying with Warrick's body the entire team kind of got me too.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Man, Nick freaked me out..I thought he was gonna..

And when said.."Mckeen" you could hear the evil tone in his voice...

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Living on the West Coast sucks something awful...

9. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Part of me wanted to see Nick put a bullet in McKean's head, but, (1) I hate violence, (2) Nick would have to have been arrested, and (3) Nick realized that if McKean lives, he will get his just dues - in prison. There probably are a lot of guys in prison who would love to get a piece of the Under Sheriff.

Almost every CSI had a great scene except Bobby Dawes, who was no where to be seen. Most were well represented though.

Grissom, who was covered in Warrick's blood, will never be able to erase that night from his mind. No doubt this will be the catalyst that will cause him to leave.

Probably not a proper time to say it, but I can't help it, so I'm going to say it anyway...Greg looked incredible!

It was a good decision Doc Robbins made to have the dayshift do the post on Warrick's body. I still think that in real life Warrick's team wouldn't have been allowed to do evidence gathering. But this is TV, and we needed to see it.

This will go down as one of the all time best CSI episodes.

10. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

This episode ranks just under Grave Danger for the best CSI episode ever.

11. saramarie2008

saramarie2008 Dead on Arrival

Yea, I also thought Nick was going to shoot him. Mckeen deserved to be shot, and tortured, but I'm glad Nick didn't do it. No one else needs to go down for Mckeen.

12. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

Bobby was in it in two different blink and you miss him scenes.

13. muse2greats

muse2greats Dead on Arrival

I so wanted to cry at the end during the funeral. Nicky so wanted to let the tears roll, but he held back.
    Did anyone else see the look when Catherine grabed his hand I mean you couldn't see it but he looked down and then he looked like he just wanted to cry really bad.
    I was like a giddy school girl all day and boy I was def satisfied with this as the premier. I have to agree that there was just enough of stuff. I do like the fact that it was Nick that figured out that it was McKeen and How he handled himself when he really wanted to shoot the evil sob.
    We really didn't get much of Brass or Greg footage during the funeral. Oh well.
    I am so stoked for this season. I think it's gonna be a great one.
    Peace all...

MUSE:bolian:

14. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I cried. I cried, and I cried!
    This episode succeeded my expectations.. it was.. awfully wonderful. Seeing Grissom break down like that, hit me really hard! I loved the scenes where the whole team was together. It signified that strong bond that they all have.. and brought back a little bit of what used to be. The emotions, from everyone, were so real! I loved it - by far, the best episode yet!

..Rest In Peace Warrick

15. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

I very rarely come in to the CSI Vegas boards, but I've watched CSI off and on from the begining and after seeing this episode tonight, I just had to come in and throw my three cents in.

The beginning was simply breath taking when Gil found Warrick. I think I stopped breathing while he attended to him , holding him and seeing his life dwindle. Of course during this time, Gil wouldn't have thought the Undersheriff had anything to do with it , so it didn't matter much that McKeen didn't move quick enough when Gil called for the medic. I hushed everyone when Catherine came and saw the sheet being pulled over him and I felt for Nick as he sat there in disbelief. In a nutshell, the episode really felt real. The emotion was real, the grief, the disbelief and even the anger was real. I love that after all these years, we can still see that idea of a team running through Vegas, which some shows are lacking *coughMiamicough*( hey , it's my fave among the rest, but I can say fully that I don't like the way the team dynamic changed) but I digress. Vegas has been all about the team effort, and it was seen in no better effort than tonight.

I do like how they included everyone- Even Bobby. He was at the table in the break room ( I suppose) when Gil walked through the lab. It was a milisecond shot, but he was there.

And Nick...I heart him so much, because it took a strong man to look that idiot McKeen in the face and let him live, especially after what McKeen said about Warrick. I give it to Nick who kept his head on straight.

The funeral was devestatingly sad. It's a momentous moment when Gil Grissom looses his composure, and being that he lost the 'heart of his team' , it's well placed. All the actors did a superb job in a finely superb episode.

It's got me watching again, that's for sure! Excellent episode!