The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

No offense, however we are not allowed to discuss the actors sexuality in this thread, the mods really frown on that. Just so you know.

Yes, it's true. Nick and Greg would make a believable couple that is why we love them. Even though CBS would lose viewers if they made Nick and Greg a real couple I really think they would gain more viewers, especially from the GLAD community.

2. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

I totally agree with everyone about Nick and Greg's chemistry. It's BAM! kind of right there. Almost tangible, in my humble opinion. I honestly don't know if it's George/Eric doing the subtext or it's the writers. Maybe both. I don't know--if TPTB are so gungho about giving Nick a (female) significant other, then why would they have put so much subtext in? :rolleyes: Just another mystery, I s'pose.

So I, for one, am extremely excited about tonight's episode. Definitely got my fingers crossed for a Love scene!

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I don't think that the writer's write the chemistry (or they don't mean to) because I don't think TPTB would want to go down the slash route (especially in the beginning). Maybe they know how many fans like the love, and they do write to keep us happy, as I think they try to do with a lot of ships :(. But the Love is so strong, someone somewhere is in on it. ;)

4. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Hi guys! I know I haven't been here in sooooo long, but i come bearing spoilers!

In the first epi of the new season, I think we get to see Nick wearing the glasses. It was a side view of him, and I couldn't make it out too clearly, but I'm pretty sure i saw those frames!

Also, someone simply MUST tell me if there is a live chat tonight!

-Lynn

5. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

If you aren't already in the Nick/Greg live chat, go here:

http://csi.wetpaint.com/page/The+Forum+of+Love

Remember, we watch the show live on the East coast, so if you don't want spoilers, don't participate.

Hi guys! I've been meaning to drop in for TWO weeks. *sobs* I missed you all!!!!

I'm just gonna say that I can't wait for the season to start. This summer has been so loooooooooooooooong! GAH!

I'll post my opinions of the show at... 1am? LOL I think. LATER!

6. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Hi all. For those who dont know me I am Stacy, only_true_love or even OTL for short. I havent been around in forever so welcome newbies.

I really loved last season for The Love with all the subtexty moment. Those who know me, know I love Fannysmackin' despite what happened.

This has likely been asked, but since tonight was the season premiere, what does everyone want or hope for this ship? It could be of course that they become canon, or something as simple as Greggo somehow admitting he is bi-sexual.

I will definately try to be on here more often,b/c I have missed you all and cant wait to get to know all the newbies. :thumbsup:

I wanted to know if anyone has heard anything more on the old rumor of our lovely gay cowboy Nicky getting a girlffriend??? If god forbid it happens and its more than one date. I have a plan, so no worries. Hope this poss. spoiler question, doesnt make anyone freak out, esp. after tonights premiere.

7. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Ee! Tonight's episode... :D Also, if anyone has, like, a screencap of that picture in Warrick's house/apartment... Send it my way? The one with the team. I just realized there was more than one of them. x3

I wanted to know if anyone has heard anything more on the old rumor of our lovely gay cowboy Nicky getting a girlffriend??? If god forbid it happens and its more than one date. I have a plan, so no worries. Hope this poss. spoiler question, doesnt make anyone freak out, esp. after tonights premiere.

I haven't heard anything but I haven't actively been looking for it either. And even if this were true, I think I would totally chalk it up to hidden grief. Because he was surprisingly calm during this episode... I don't know. I expected a little more emotion from him. I don't know. Maybe that's asking a bit much?

But no, I'd totally think he was doing it because he was overcome with grief. Hah. If he were to get a girlfriend and Nick would flat out admit it, I'd just say "He's lyinggg! It's a cover. :D" I'm so deep in denial, I can't climb out now!

Have there been any newbies since I last posted? If so, hi! :D I hope you find the Fort a wonderful place. We tend to be pretty inviting, I think.

I noticed talk of Rashomama somewhere too. 3: If I had the means to watch that episode, I totally would.

I don't know. I sometimes wonder if it's accidental. Which could explain the reason why there's a lot less now and more in the earlier seasons. Or there was some certain amount of attraction between actors, whether it be platonic attraction or...not...platonic attraction. Or if it was meant to happen but then just let it drop. If there were any writers dropped, maybe they were the one's putting all of it in?

I do wonder sometimes, though, if we're just completely crazy for even thinking that we're seeing anything. :| And then I think I'm crazy for thinking that. (As a side note, I wonder if those who wrote all the articles with the subtext mentioned were shippers or not. x3) But I just.. If it's really there and we're not just imagining things... What? Why aren't they doing anything about it!? They'd have an insanely good chance at upping any sort of viewers. :scream: Just...Come on. *shakes head*

I keep having this thought that one day there would be some big reveal about Nick & Greg's either relationship/attraction. Like, full-episode worthy. O__O Unfortunately, I know this will not happen. ._. But still, it's kinda nice to think about, right? A girl can dream. :3 And if the series ends and nothing happens, I can just go read all the good endings in fanfic. :D Related to fanfic, I have a lot to catch up on. ): I promise, soon! I have a four day weekend next week, let's hope I get something out of that that isn't used by writing essays or trying to outline a plot.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The premier was great! Did you all notice the photo Greg found at Warrick's place? A photo of the six of them together, and Greg was standing next to Nick with his hand on Nick's shoulder and Nick has his arm around Greg!

The boys did not comfort each other (But I didn't expect that) but they did have some scenes together (one in a hotel room). It was a good episode.

9. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

Yeah, A La Cart was great. I wish we had more of those conversation.

10. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome back, suckerforasmile, twins, only_true_love and katlynn!! We miss you and I hope we see you more often on The Fort this season :)

No, we haven't heard anything more about the Nick-is-getting-a-girlfriend storyline. I hope they definitely drop it and stop trying to make Nick look straight because, come on......:guffaw:

There was only one scene between the boys in "For Warrick" but I didn't expect more. TPTB aren't brave enough to show Greg comforting Nick, right? Right! :scream: Although they had no problem showing Sara hugging Nick and Greg (maybe because Sara always had this sister-brother relationship with both of them and it isn't really threatening to GSR anymore).

But this pic made my night (the three main ships together):

[​IMG]

Our boys look very couply here....;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

It seems I haven't posted in ages, so ...

Welcome to all the newbies, DFraMacKey and Billy! Have a fun time with the Love!!! :thumbsup:
    Welcome back twins and katlynn, it's been a while!!! ;)

There have been a lot of posts, so where do I start?

First of all, Rashomama is such a great Love episode. The Public Declaration of Love directly directed to Greg was sooooooo sweet and Nick never seemed gayer to me too.

Second, I'm impressed DFraMacKey, turning your family into Love fans!!! Quite the achievement but thinking about it. They're both way too obvious!!! :lol:

I don't think the writers or the actors know about how subtexty Nick and Greg's interactions are. If they did, well, wait, they do have less screentime than in earlier seasons. So maybe they noticed at some point? And just lately they decided it would be safe again to let them work together, at least once in a while??? I can't make up my mind.

I so hope there won't be a girlfriend for Nick, he's way too gay to pull it off!

About the season premier form the girl who hasn't seen S8 and the premier, sounds great and I just love that photograph with our boys so close. I mean the three major ships are present, GSR, YoBling and the Love. The first two are (almost) gone and just the Love remains. They could have easily let Greg stand next to Sara and Nick next to Warrick, they were best friends nevertheless but no, someone out there decided to be good to us Love shippers.

So, I guess, I covered most of the topics from the previous days. Let's keep the Love alive!!! Forever ...

12. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Well, welcome back to all our old posters, and a big HI to every new person!

The premiere was pretty awesome, I do have to admit. My favorite part would be when Nick had the gun on McKeen. That was amazingly intesne--and I even knew what was going to happen. Wow. Just wow.

My fangirl senses went off the charts when I saw the picture in Warrick's house and the way it seemed as if Greg was purposely going with Nick everywhere. I think Greg knew that Nick was going to break down sooner or later, and he would need someone.

All I know is that I am DEFINITELY looking forward to the "change in behavior" that should be coming in a few episodes from Nick.

[​IMG]

^^ That absolutely made my night. I didn't even realize that all the ships were together in that picture, but now that I see it, I just love it even more. It's a heartbreaking picture, to me anyways, because I know that one of them isn't coming back. =[

And is it just a "coincidence" that Nick and Greg are together? NOOOPE.

In regards to the girlfriend thing for Nick, I wouldn't believe it, but I am thinking they [TPTB] have something up their sleeves. Call me a pessimist, but I don't think we're out of the Girlfriend Woods just yet.

Of course, in response to that, we'll all know that Nick getting a girlfriend would just be another beard. He's in horrible pain from his best friend dying, and he would need some sort escape. He's a handsome guy--he could get a lot of ladies, and maybe he just needs *someone*. Maybe if he does get a girlfriend, that means that he and Greg aren't living together, and Nick feels this incurable loneliness at home.

Back on the topic of "For Warrick" (but not really), I was kind of sad that there were no comfort scenes between Nick and Greg. But, like Wojo, I wasn't really surprised, seeing as how I never expected TPTB to actually do that. A scene I would like to see, though, would be Nick all alone in the locker room. He's had a rough shift, and in his locker is a picture of him and Warrick. He slams shut the locker and falls heavily onto the bench. Greg walks in to go to his locker, sees Nick, and sits down beside him--he puts his hand on Nick's shoulder. They don't say anything, and Catherine walks by, and the camera follows her.

Honestly, is that too much to ask? It isn't even gay at all! It's just friendly!

13. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Love that picture. All paired off the way I like. Well at least we got a scene with the boys together with no one else. The way they look at each other you know they are trying to comfort each other from a distance. Nicky was in a very weird place the whole episode I thought personally. We see his angry get a little out of control. Disappointed they where not sitting next to each other in the funeral scene. seabird I agree, that the writers are just too worried about showing them together. Irritating get with the times you fools. Sara and Greggo most def a sister brother relationship.

14. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Welcome "old" members who are back! Hope that you'll spend more time here:) And of course hello to all newbies!

Seabird - when I saw it first time (few mins back, lol) my first thought was "OMG, all three main ships!". It really made me happy too. And of course Nick and Greg looked very very couply.

About the girlfriend idea:
    I'm agree with you at this point. She can be only beard. But it's a little bit hard to believe that he would that. For it can be only a mistake by writers. For us Nick's preferences are clear so why he would need to find a girlfriend? Yes, I know, writers, TPTB etc. But sometimes I really hope that they stop hiding the truth which is obvious.

I'm looking forward to see "For Warrick":) I hope soon...

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Beard beard beard beard did I mention that if Nick got a girlfriend she'd be a beard? ;) There's no way he could pull it off having a gf, he is just too gay. And too into Greg to even think about a woman in any way other than friend, mother, etc etc. No way. I hope TPTB give up on the whole girlfirend idea.

I like the pic of the cast, would have been better if Cath were near Sara though (I'll never give up on this ship in my head lol). I like how our boys are next to each other though ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.