What's Your Blood Type?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

You can get free movie tickets down here.

There's nothing better than watching a horror movie all woozy. :thumbsup:

2. CCA

CCA Police Officer

A -

every time I donate I always have something go wrong. First time it was at my school and she didn't think I should because I didn't know my weight and I looked underweight, turns out I was. I also didn't wait hahah the required time and got up after 10 minutes, almost passed out in the hallway...and well I'm not going further it was embarrasing haha.

second time they didn't watch my bag, I have all these nurses standing over me I'm thinking "great I'm about to become an episode of ER or something here!" the bag had clogged and they only got to use my blood for testing and they had to turn the needle over so that ended up brusing me and leaving a scar on my forearm

third time actually went pretty smoothy! Third time is the charge, it was at the cancer walk-a-thon and we went in the blood mobile and they seemed to know what they were doing. Everything went great except for this 18 year guy was jabbing at the mouth trying to show off and talk to me, yet all he ended up was annoying everybody in the vehicle.

So haha those are some of my experineces

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  3. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I am blood type AB-.

I don't really donate blood that much because everytime I try to, the nurses have to poke me like twenty times in each arm, which isn't very pleasant believe me. Then it turns out that they can never find a vein that is close enough or good enough to use. So my arms would end up being bruised black and blue for the next three months if I gave.
    And I'm anemic, so they don't want my blood anyway.:(

4. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Well, I've been a blood donator for quite a while now.

But since 3 weeks, I've been donating plasma. Anyone did that before?
    How they do it, is they let the blood pour into this little box untill it's full ( about 100ml), then they centrifuge out the plasma, and then you get the blood back into your vein, which is pretty weird if you think about it :lol: And then the machine repeats the process untill you've donated a full bag (today it was 650ml of plasma, so I did the blood going back and forth thing about 7 times).
    At the end they sort of clean out the tubes with natriumchloride, which you also get back in your body so you don't get dehydrated. It's a really weird feeling because it's really cold, and you can literally feel the cold substance run through your veins :D

The cool thing is that you can do it every week, plus, you don't feel as woozy like when you donate blood. So I can only recommend it :)

5. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I'm A+

*YAY*

I have donated blood before (twice in high school for the American Red Cross (duh) and I think once after I graduated) and I will never do it again...I'm only 118 lbs and I get super dizzy/woozy and overall horribly fatigued after I give a PINT of my blood...Plus I have had 5 surgries on my legs since 2006 (will be 6 in 2009) and I have lost enough blood and been stuck with enough needles that I refuse to do it voluntarily anymore! LOL

But huge, ginormous props/cheers/toasts/whatever to people who DO give blood. You save lives and congrats for that...I'm just too thin and can't do it without health problems afterwards.

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I got my card a week ago (you get it after you've donated blood twice)
    It's red, it has my name and big A+. The red background is this:
    http://www.haaste.fi/yksityiset/ekstrat.php and to the bottom you see logos for each bloodgroup (you can order those as your cellphone background)

7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I'm quite lucky. I have the rarest bloodtype in the world. I'm AB negative. :)

8. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

^Then I'd suggest to go donate. People need you. A lot. ;)

My last plasma donation hurt like hell. The nurse kept taking the needle halfway out of my arm, then back in again. I was this close to slapping her :p

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm a universal donor, I'm O-.

10. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

I'm nothing special, B+, and I donate blood 2 or 3 times a year. I like the idea of helping people this way, who knows how many lives I have saved, it's a good thought, makes me happy and proud :)

I have never heard of plasma donating, and I googled it and I found out it is not common here for some reason, but I would try that, too if I had the chance.