Episode 703 And How Does That Make You Kill? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Re: Episode 703 And How Does That Make You Kill? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I know that there were those sentences in Eric's file, but I don't understand the use of a sentence like "we're a good team" in the last scen. To me it was out of context.
    What the purpose of this sentence?
    She let Eric know she read his file??? Well there could have been far better ways to do it even w/ a little sentence like "you'll be ok". Knowing Eric's fixation for her this sentence could have mean more than the sentence she said.
    Did she want Eric to know she read his file??? Well the sentence "we're a good team" was useless.
    Usually it's useless in every kind of occasion & this one prooved it.
    Did she want Eric to know she has feeling for him??? Well....unless she's cold like ice, this wasn't the way to do it. It's stupid that people are like Eric & Calleigh always at the same point wihtout any progression for 3 years.
    They want them together?? DO IT for god's sake. It's an agony:rolleyes:
    Now that Jake is "away" she could easily show her feelings (if she has them) for Eric, but she never does it.
    I'm not saying that EP did wrong in this scene 'cause it was clear that "we're a good team" was for another kind of scene, she had to tell it, but it was completely out of context in a scene where you're trying to tell the other person you read his files. She could have said thousend of other sentences referring to his file. This one the wrost one 'cause obviosuly it was for another scene.

As for Eric investigating I'll always say that he has a bullet in his head, he's suffering from hallucinations, he has problems, he's changing shrink. How can he work?????:wtf:
    Ryan was fired because of his gambling stuff, but, seriously, I prefer a person who gambles to investigate on my murder than a person who barely speaks because of a bullet on his head.
    Since this show is about science I'm always shocked whenever I see Eric working.
    I know this won't change anything but as GNRF said more than once it's disgusting that TPTB write these storylines. It's as if they thought we're all stupid.
    I know a person w/ a bullet in his head can't work.
    I know that a person who goes to the shrink can't investigate on her murder (or the daughter's one).
    I know that a person who investigates on the murder of the shrink can't read her files about the patients.
    I think 90% of the USA population knows these things, but, they still write these storylines.
    No matter if they always do it, they mustn't do it:scream:

*rant over*

2. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Today is Emily's Birthday!!!!!
    Happy Birthday Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Florry86, i just agree with all what you saying. They don't anderstand that we(fans) not soo stupid? They write about conflict of interest in old eps and what now?:wtf: (sorry, my english is bad i know:rolleyes:)

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I thought it was good. Some of it was a little slow, but all in all I liked it. The E/C stuff was good, although I agree that Eric maybe shouldn't have been working the case. I love how the CSI shows pick when to follow the rules.

For your viewing enjoyment, caps of the LabTechGuy (notice the name on his lab coat):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Eric having anything to do with the case just shouldn't have happened,none of it.
    Eric and Calliegh going through the case files of patients was totally outrageous.Calleigh is a "by the book or rules" person.She would never have tolerated this behaviour from someone else,and now she participates in doing it herself. The whole incident was cringe worthy.
    This fixation with Calleigh and Eric needs closure,I don't care how it's done.They can be together or not.The show suffers because the focus is not where it should be,and the stories are not what they could be.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think the "we make a good team" statement was just a way of not anwering his question. You don't want to answer so you say some comment somewhat connected to what you're talking about and walk away hoping you "distracted" the person. That's what I thought she did. Plus I agree with Jennifer who said that she wanted to say not only that they were a good CSI team but a good team as in the two of them. Throughout the whole scene she was being evasive so to not directly answer his question but at the same time giving subtle hints like "would it matter if I did" (or something to that effect) and when she told him that he could tell her anything. I do think she was trying to give him the chance to say something. So it makes sense when you see him trying to get her to anwer something and her trying not to answer and hoping he mentions something. That sounds like a riddle :lol:

Eric shoudn't have been working the case but it's done before so it shouldn't surprise us by now. It's been done before even if this time we have to admit was a lot more obvious.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

M. Travers? I thought the new Trace guy was supposed to be named Luke. Or is that going to be a different character all together? :confused:

After finally watching the episode, I think the "we make a good team" was her avoiding answering the question, so I agree with you about that hiphugger17. But, her telling him he can tell her anything sounded me like she was saying "now that your therapist is dead, you can talk to me if you want". :lol:

The ex hubby (of the woman who killed the shrink's daughter) and his son were cute at the end. I liked Horatio's little laugh at that too.

Next week's ep should have been saved for closer to Halloween. :lol:

8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

New guy sorta reminds me of Danny from NY

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

True! It's like one is waiting on the other to say something, while the other is waiting on them to say something too.

It will come out of one of them sooner or later, in some awkward situation. Episode 6 maybe?

10. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

As others have said, I hope not all the episodes this season will insult our intelligence like this one. Plus, as a Ryan fan this episode also irked me. Ryan got canned and is still getting grief for his gambling problems yet Delko not only worked on a case he had a clear conflict of intrest in but then went through the patient files with Cal. Not only would the killer's gun, confession and everything else get tossed (fruit of the poisonious tree)but Cal and Delko would have been fired faster than Ryan was. As someone who had to see a therapist in the past, TV or not it irks me that neither of them nor Horatio had any qualms about breaching all the patient's privacy like that.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It irritated me as well, but maybe this relates to the premier text being "break the rules" or something like that. Like how H's cracked sunnies was a sign for the season. Im waiting for one of them to murder someone & stuff thier body in the garbage then clearly get away with it :rolleyes:
    All the same, it's annoying as hell, & a bad move from the writers. They're losing all aspect of this show, they done jumped the shark & killed it!

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Protocol breaking aside, if I let that one slide, it was actually a good episode IMO. Better than last week's.

I'm not a huge fan of Eric, and I'm also one to complain that Eric gets too much storylines over Ryan, but his human/emotional side was shown in this episode and I found that enjoyable and heart-warming to watch. And I'm not an E/C shipper either but I liked the E/C interaction and how Cal touched him on the arm as he was geeting mad at the suspect they were interrogating.

Nice touch with H and the little boy. IMO H felt for the ex-con trying to get to share custody of the boy with his ex-wife, cos he's in a similar situation, with Kyle and Julia getting custody of him. I can't wait for the episode with Julia, 'Bombshell' is it? I wonder if H will finally get custody of Kyle.

I like the British lab tech as well. Hope we get to see more of him. And, I'm liking the new M.E too but :eek: I forgot her name!

13. asiagirl

asiagirl Dead on Arrival

The Name from the New M.E is Dr.Tara Price