The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFraMacKey

DFraMacKey Victim

Hello! I just recently discovered The Fort and decided to make an account and well after days of reading all the posts I have no doubt in my mind that Nick and Greg belong together, not that there was any doubt actually lol.

I think the same! I saw for that episode for the first time I think about two months ago (unfortunately I haven't seen a CSI fan for that long, about six months actually, I just started seeing season 1 a few days agos yay!) and well, I really love it! I saw it twice that day, and well I remember seeing it with my mom and when Nick was relating what he had done my mom just turned to me and said: "Okay, I think that's the most gayish thing I've seen Nicky do, no wonder why you think he has a thing with Greg..." lol
    And then when he finds the napkin and Greg says "You got a number" my young sis said: "Someone's jealous..." and the part of "public declaration of love..." I actually squealed lol, so yeah great epi... cuz well around that time my sis, mom and niece didn't thought about Nick and Greg could possibly have a relationship, but ever since my mom says she just can't picture Nick with any woman... just with Greg now... she blames me (cuz she had been seeing CSI for years, and said he always liked Nick and Greg interaction, but had never actually thought about it beeing something more than friendship...)

So to me, this is like my experience that though some doesn't see The Love for what it is... some really see something, though they don't undestand at first... or are in complete denial...

Sorry about the long post, I think I'm just nervous and I started rambling, hope I didn't break any rules... and well... have a goodnight! :D

Cheers :beer:

2. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

I so hope I did the quoting right. I'm trying something new and I'm a little nervous about it lol. You totally made sense to me and I'm glad I made sense to you. I read that three was a perfect number years back and it just fell off of my finger tips earlier. I went back to read my last post, I was like...uh, yeah...that looks like jibberish. But I'm glad it wasn't.

I agree that both Warrick and Catherine were close enough to know what was going on with the boys, but not inside the loop. Sara just seemed to blend into their life seamlessly. You're right. Greg and Nick are completely relaxed around her. In my head it almost seems like there is a thin wire they're walking with Cath and Warrick. I almost always expect to see a fallout of somesort, no matter how many times I see an episode and know there won't be.

DFraMacKey, welcome! And way to go on converting half of your family to the Love with one episode lol.

3. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Newbies welcome!!

I'm so glad that the love is bringing in new fans/followers/believers lol. Just remember the golden rule 3 lines of good posting pertaiing to the ship.

Right now the important stuff!!

Ahh yeah thanks for reminding me why Rashomoma is such a great love ship episodes. Seriously, when Greg found out that Nick had a girls number he kinda went all jealous like.

Yeah it sad that Warrick and Cath wasn't apart of the whole love display that was going on between Nick and Greg. I wonder why, maybe cause Warrick and Cath are soo similar they would've both said the same thing.

If ya watch closely, Nick gives the game away soo easily, but on the other hand if you dont watch closely enough he dont. Probably because Nick isn't overally camp. Like Jack from Will and Grace kinda camp lol.

Greg's whole ethos is open mindedness, where Nick is slightly more reserved and soft? well especially at the earlier stages. By season 7, Nick portails a character that is tough, and woo be tired anyone that hurts (pig) his Greggo.

And surprissingly by Season 8 "Bull" the tables had turned. Greg is more protectve of Nick.

Awwwww how can anyone not see the LOVE?
    Theres soo many love clues and sexuality clues that them poor actors dont even knows it... They loves Nick and Greg soo much that the characters have blinded the actors!!!!

George and Eric are great actors, cause without them, the love wouldnt be...

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Welcome :D

Jealous Greggo, bless him ;) The more I watch CSI though, the more obvious it is to me that Nick is gay, it's just so so obvious to me now, all the time I see things that make me think yup. And even when Nick and Greg aren't in episodes too much, the love still shows through. I just watched 8x16 and there's a little look between them, well, mainly Nicky to Greg, and it's just so obvious. (when they're sitting watching the videos).

The Love becmoes more and more obvious to me every time I watch, and I'm a love fan (obviously :D), I see it more and more.

I still think Cath is in the know about the boys.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Welcome to the fort DFraMacKey! Recruiing your mom, that's so sweet!

If Nick being gay is so obvious to us, why can't TPTB see it? Are they really so blind? Or maybe they do see it and want to try and make Nick out to be straight out of fear. (homophobic anyone?) Greg so just so adorable that nobody can resist him, especially Nick!

6. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome newbies!

Wojo, I think you've made a point there (bolding is mine). Of course, they're not blind; they see The Love as everybody who's not biased. Along the years, the writers have been dropping hints here and there about Nick and Greg's sexuality. But, sadly, small minded bigots still exist...

For eight years, the boys have flirted, we've seen them being jealous and possessive, they've checked out each other's butts, touched (alot), and given longingly glances at each other. That should be a big bold statement on a procedural show like CSI.... if they were a male/female couple, that is.... But it's a gay couple we're talking about here and TPTB have always chickened out...I guess they're afraid of losing viewers.

It seems that on CSI, gay characters are always victims or murderers because everybody knows that there are NO GAYS working on Las Vegas Crime Lab. That would be so wrong....:mad::rolleyes:

Anyway, who can still deny the obvious? ;)

"Marriage is a public declaration of love"

(Nick looking directly at Greg in "Rashomama")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  7. InnocentGuilt

seabird, I love that scene so much! They were so speaking directly to each other.

I don't know. I think TPTB are totally freaking out about the Love for no reason at all. They may lose some viewers, but if they do, they obviously weren't really into the show. Besides, how many fans would they gain overnight practically. I would practically worship the show...not that I don't now.

bubbles, I do think Cath knows about the boys too, but I think they're still closer to Sara because Cath seems to mother them both. At the very least she mother's Greg. In every scene I see with the Cath and Greg together she's always doing something that I just find familial. And I kind of think that's why there's a subtle line between the boys and her. It's like, they have to be on best behavior in front of her. They can flirt and touch, but nothing too lovey-dovey or Cath will get onto Nick, lol. I don't know, that could just be me.

Who else besides me has a countdown for the CSI season premier?

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Oh yeh, I think they're closer to Sara, Sara is just like one of the guys really, and they can both be themselves around her, which is why the 3 of them get on so well. I see what you mean about them having to be on best behaviour around her, but I don't really see that.

And on your point Wojo, I think that TPTB must see the Love, there's no way they can't. The looks, the looking, the subtle glances and little lines, as already said, if they were a hetero couple they'd be canon by now... And on the same note, i think Eric and George are secret love shippers;) because, a lot of the moments cannot be scripted, unless TPTB are totally going to out the Love next season, which i doubt it!!

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I loved this episode. And this look;)

For me they could be a canon after Pilot. Their very first scene was really obvious. I'm sure that TPTB know about Love, in some way they made it. Lol, it's only their fault that they have now big slash fandom. Anyway, I agree with you bubbles in point that George and Eric are secret Love shippers. They're really good in their job and know how to act. A lot moments (especially those small ones) I think they made by themselves.

10. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

:lol: Love! Family conversion, it's impressive! Rashomama is a brilliant episode for both of them, so many lovely moments that can only be ignored if you're wearing Big Frickin' Straight Blinkers. In my little humble opinion of course. And also, welcome to the Fort, DFraMacKey :D

InnocentGuilt - I do! Can't wait for the new season. I'm actually getting the new epis the day after they air so I shall have to restrain myself from coming on here until I've seen them.

As for the Cath/Sara debate...personally, I always see Nick as closer to Catherine and Greg closer to Sara. In terms of who they would confide in, at any rate. They both know, at any rate, I think. We're talking about two very observant (bordering on nosy) ladies here...

Nat x

11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Oh they do but then we go back to the whole fear of losing viewers things. Since CSI has such a large fan base they worry about losing some of their less open minded viewers by introducing a slash couple. But must I bring you other shows that have done it and still have a huge fan base. coughTorchwoodcough. I love the idea of Eric and George being secret LOVE shippers. Their chemistry is just off the charts.

^^ Yes Nicky may be closer to Cath. But as InnocentGuilt said shes seen more as a mother figure to the boys. And we all know Cath would/is very acceptive of the boys. But think about how you act with your partner around your mom and your best friend. Theres a big difference. So thats sorta the way I see it.

12. DFraMacKey

DFraMacKey Victim

I am counting down the hours for the premiere lol, my mom's going crazy cuz anytime I see her I tell her how many hours and minutes are left...

I just saw some hours ago "Who are you?" amazing chapter, I liked the scene Nick had with Greg... OMG the chest pat, I don't know but was it just me or when Grissom said "It means she wasn't kill in Hawaii" it looked like Nick was itching to touch Greg and then he gives him that beautiful smile and of course a couple of seconds later the pat... it, to me, was pretty obvious that there was something, I don't think they were seeing each other but definitely Nick was interested!

A thing that has been plaguing my mind is something from s1ep3 "Crate n Burial" when Nick enters the break room with the same chem set that Grissom, and Sara says: "You keep that, might learn something" and he answers: "Stop flirting with me" that turned on my inner fangirl and all I could think was: Hey Nicky, Greg flirts with you too, wonder why you never tell him to stop lol... thought I might comment it...

And lastly... you were commenting about George and Eric being Love shippers... that'd be totally awesome wouldn't it? Anyway this got me thinking after I was talking with my mom while makig lunch... she told me that she liked The Love over the other CSI pairings cuz everytime she sees a Love scene she actually believes it, and said she can actually feel the love (wich is what everyone here can feel right? :hugegrin:) so it makes me ask you something... hope no one gets offended, and well I don't know if it's off topic or not... but well... there had always been rumors about you know George and Eric being more than friends... what do you think? I hope now I'm not breaking any rules :confused:

And thank you very much for the warm welcoming! :D

13. InnocentGuilt

Thirty-one more hours until I get the premiere for CSI! I can't wait!

Uberhaupt! I had to get that out of my system. DFraMacKey, I don't know about Eric and George being more than friends. It's every bit possible, but I'm up in the air about it. I think they're very close. George let Eric house-sit for him, and I don't know about you, I wouldn't trust just anyone with my house and animals. But I'm not sure if they're more than friends. If they're not they're obviously open-minded about it, because look at the Love scenes we have! *waves hands around at invisible tv*

Okay, I watched the episode with the psychic (I don't remember the name of it and upstairs is way to far to walk to check my DVR) and Greg says he may have gotten some of his grandmother's psychic ability. First off, let me say that I am a very bored person and I can't help myself, but I read somewhere that Greg often makes hypothesis (plural form) about cases that often turn out to be true. I was wondering if anyone couldn't point some of these episodes out...cause I can't find them. But I did notice that Nick more often than not makes a prediction about a case that is often true.

Also, I was watching the episode with the 'Blue Paint Killer' (names are not my forte) and I was noticing the scene where Nick and Greg are working the van. I like how Nick made Greg crawl into the van to look for evidence and then he just stands there doing nothing. I was thinking, 'No, not subtle at all!'

14. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

The psychic episode is Spellbound (s6) and the Blue Paint Killer (lol) is What's Eating Gilbert Grissom? (s5). I love Greg talking about psychics and his Nana, it's adorable. I also like how Grissom tries to persuade him that the occult is a load of rubbish and there's only science...I like to think Greg has a bit of belief in stuff like that, I think he's pretty open minded :)

Greg does quite often make random little suggestions that change the whole thinking about a case. I'm thinking specifically of when he was in the lab, and trying to impress the CSIs, especially Nick. For example, his theory about the mountain shadow effect in Anatomy of a Lye (s2) pretty much solved Nick's case for him, and likewise his knowledge of scuba diving in Scuba Doobie Doo (s2) also helped Nick, as well as being a great opportunity for some Nick/Greg UST/flirting.

So yeah...I don't know if he's psychic but he has a lot of random knowledge that he seems to share with Nick more than any of the other CSIs in those early seasons, I always think he was trying to impress him/get his attention :D

Nick tends to get feelings about cases and follow his instincts when other may take a more detached, scientific approach...good example is Gum Drops (s6) where he is determined that the little girl is not dead when everyone else disagrees and the evidence would suggest that she is. (he was right).

I'm shutting up now. I don't know if any of that in any way answers your question...! Lol.

Nat x

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I half agree with you ;) I used to think that this was deifntely the case, and Cath was closer to Nick, and Greg to Sara. Now I'm not so sure, because I see Greg, Nick and Sara as a close threesome (in terms of all being friends, not Sara joining the boys in any other instances...) Anyway... I've lost my point... ;) I think that in terms of confiding in people, say for example if the boys had an arguement, Greg would go to Sara and Nick to Cath, but on the whole, the 3 of G,N and S (how lazy) are close together.

The chemistry is absolutely phenomenal. It's just wow. I guess it's all down to the viewers, I don't think in terms of 'business' (strange seeing as my degree is marketing ;)) but I guess CSI could lose a lot of viewers by introducting a slash couple. On the flip side it could gain a few too. And people who are fans of the show full stop would carry on watching anyway (for example, I dislike GSR, but I wouldn't stop watching because of it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.