The Fort for Nick/Greg slash fans #20

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hi there InnocentGuilt. Here's the link to the Cath/Wendy thread:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=56500 Would be great to see someone new over there!! :thumbsup:

After I had watched King Baby for the fifth time I noticed that line, too. I like your idea of Grissom's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. He could have also chosen to say "partner" instead of "husband" ;)

About Nick in Post Mortem, well, yes he was probably terrified for Greg in court and maybe it wasn't the best screencap of him straightening his tie but there was something extremely masculine about it. It's just the way he leans back, ah, can't really describe it. But every time I watch it I get this feeling of possessiveness from Nick.

I think it was Deirdre who mentioned the juror who acted aggressively towards our boys. I remember him but I never thought much of it. Now I have to watch it again!

2. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Interesting theory me likey. I was think about that idea to when I hear that line. So I just watched Fannysmackin'. The main reason I re watch that episode is to see the part where Nicky punches Pig in the stomach. No matter how many times a watch it is never any less satisfying. Then later on in the locker room he says he most def wants to go see Greggo in the hospital. something in the way Sara's face looks when she asks she knows he gonna say yes. Six days till new season so excited.

3. Eurydike

Eurydike Victim

I noticed that too last time i watched King Baby. Great idea InnocentGuilt.

Warrick's feelings about the boys is generally very confusing for me. I always get the impression that he knows, he likes Greg well enough but doesn't like them together, but feels like he should support Nick one way or another. Perhaps he feels threatened by the fact that all of a sudden Nick has a work colleague that he's closer too, Warrick feels shut out. I still don't really know whether Nick expressly told him about Greg or not.

I think he's definitely aware of whats going on between them though, he notices Nick's interest in Greg. But perhaps he thinks it's a flirtation, a not particularly serious thing. In Grave Danger the way he treats Greg, who is clearly numb with shock, is bordering on cruel. He pretty much ignores him, shuts him out, makes no allowances for him, all as if to say 'Don't think just because you sleep with him, you're all that important to him. I'm his best friend.' I don't think he intends to hurt Greg really, Warrick's just so worried he can't think of anyone else's feelings beyond his own.

I get the impression that post-GD Warrick kind of realised Nick and Greg were a lot more serious than he had thought. I like to think they had moved in together by then. Bearing in mind, that the months immediately after GD we don't get to see. I imagine Nick spent more time with Greg, relied on him, Warrick got the message. The fact that Nick doesn't seem all that upset when he finds out Warrick's got hitched without telling him. He teases him, complains that Warrick didn't tell them but their doesn't seem much heat behind it. Almost like he and Warrick are friends but not nearly as close as they used to be.

I worked in places with countless workplace romances. And Warrick and Greg's relationship seems exactly like what happens when one of those relationships gets serious and all the power dynamics amongst their friends have to be re-established.

4. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Couldn't agree more...I see his nervousness and distress and discomfort in this picture. He really came through for Greg with the case and on the stand but for me everything he did was shot through with pain. Because some idiots hurt Greg, and because of all the accusations. I agree it's in the eyes and the way they seem to hold eye contact in that scene is really powerful. I'm loving all the caps recently, it's reminding me of forgotten epis that I really should rewatch. Also, much as I like seeing Nick in a suit, I can't help thinking he looks really uncomfortable in one, bless him. Bet he takes it off as soon as he gets home, starting with that tie :p

I don't think Warrick or Catherine knew about their relationship during Grave Danger. I honestly don't think either of them would have got in that ambulance and left Greg behind if they knew. I also don't think Warrick would have behaved the way he did towards Greg, I guess that's why I find it easier to forgive him. I imagine they all found out not long after. But then again, I have lots of conflicting theories about that! Lol.

Hi, Seabird! Yes, I'm here, just been away for a few days. Thank you so much! *dances around in slightly undignified fashion* I'm so pleased you're enjoying NLS :D Especially that you think they're in character. I'll post the final chapter today on LJ.

Nat x

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I'll have to watch King Baby again, i didn't think anything of that when Ifirst watched it.

I think that Nick looks a bit uncomfortable in that picture, he did the best he could, and you could tell he was angry (not the right word but can't think) about the whole situation.

I don't think Cath/Warrick knew anything about the feelings Greg/Nick had for each other during Grave Danger, but I don't think that they were together then, I think it was the catalyst that made them both finally realise that life's short.

And off-topic, yay innocentguilt, it'll be good to see a new face in the cath/wendy thread :D

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

You know what? I think I have to watch that again, cause for the life of me I dont remember seeing that.

Aww, I just love when Nick straightens his tie, another look that can also be the look of love, is when Nick is trying hard not to fight with that Pig character.

The pain in his eyes is sooo clear that anyone can see. When all he wants is to be with Greg!

Personally I dont think that they're lliving together. Sharing stuff yeah, a few nights here, a few nights there yeah... But I still think that Nick likes his freedom, and so does Greg considering he's an only child.

Even if its only to collect their wage slips, so its sent to different addresses lol.

I cant wait for the new season, I sooo hope theres lots of love moments!

I need love!

BTW~ Ms Maggs site is gonna be (or has been) taken down by now, but all of her older stories should be on fanfiction.

BTW2~ Hey welcome back Saras_girl!!

And sorry for not posting that often ppl! I still love ya all and love Nick and Greg!!!!

Well I guess we all see different things!!!

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think it's really interesting we all see different little things from the episodes, I mean I totally miss some things, then when I go back it's just 'that wasn't there before'. But the fact we all see differently is interesting, but great as it gives us more to talk about :)

I don't know whether they're living together or not. I'd say not, but if they've been together since, well, I say beginning of Season 6, but obviously we all differ in when we think thy got together, but, if they've been together a few years, I guess they could be.

Nick wanted to let fly (more than he did) with that evil Pig guy.

8. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah, cause personally the only thing that I'm more than half sure about is when they finally got together, but what I'm not to sure about is their living arrangments.

But the only thing I'm sure about is that Nick Stokes is totally in love with Greg Sanders, has been for a very very long time. Also that Greg Sanders has met his soul mate, his long term lover and potential husband material in the form of Nicholas Stokes!

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

For me it's a very nervous scene. This moment was really hard for Nick.

About all the GD discussion again;) I'm very close to Candy's point that they had few dates etc. But well, it's very hard subject for us all. I found few moments that Warrick or Catherine knew earlier than action in GD. All depends on our points of view. I really believe that was much earlier, maye earlier than we all think. Relationship and fascination is hard to hide and we know that they need to grow so... If we take first and second season with obvious moments (or not that ovious, lol), Catherine or Warrick should be blind, and we know they're not.

Totally agree:)

Seabird, once again thanks for the Love reminders. This smile is so cute and so obvious.

10. InnocentGuilt

InnocentGuilt Hit and Run

I totally agree that it's so much fun to see how everyone takes certain scenes in their heads. I think it's even better that we can all talk about it, because other people can call into question something that another person may have missed. It broadens the senses, and I think makes the Love a completely solid relationship.

Seriously, the only reason I watch CSI is so that I can see the character interaction. I don't want to see how they solve the cases, though some of them are hilarious in what happens; I just want to see how they work together because the writers of that show and the actors make the characters real. I like seeing how the friends interact with one another. I search for things like that. I'm a sad individual I guess.

Watching Rashomama (sp) today, loved the intrance scene with Nick, Greg, and Sara. I like the friendliness between all of them. I think by that point, though Warrick was still a close friend of Nick's, I think those three had become like a tri-pod. I also think that though people are meant to go two by two, three by three adds stability. Three is a perfect number...and I'm getting like waaay too into my philosophy. I'm sorry. Tiredness and depression, not a good combo.

Anyway, that was the first time I had seen that episode and I just fell in love with all the moments Greg and Nick had.

Bubbles, I'm not sure I can message someone just person to person yet, so I have to do this here. I have that story posted up on ff.net under InnocentGuilt, just like on here, and I have the link on the Cath/Wendy thread if you want to read it.

11. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ What a great episode Rashomama is. InnocentGuilt I totally agree and love how you state the relationship between the boys and Sara. Well Sara does come off as Greggo's bets friend next to Nicky. And Nicky and Sara have known each other for years and are good friends as well. I also think they tend to be way more comfortable around her cause she knows about their relationship. I also like how she never seems to feel like a third wheel with them. Like even when the boys are talking about something she able to be part of the conversation. Where as with Warrick or Cath we see them as sorta on a little more on the outside of the boys. I'm glad that Nicky and Greggo have someone like that they can just be themselves around. Well at least more then they are with other people. Hope that all made snese.

12. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yes totally I really enjoy watching Rashomama again and again for obvious reasons!

Nick's interaction at the wedding is classic and how can anyone forget the whole "declaration of love"

See, TPTB are soooo bad u know... That "Declaration of love", totally was for Nick and Greg, but isnt it irronic as well that it also mentioned other ships in that love triangle?

Yeah I agree, with Sara things were natural, they didn't have to lie to anyone or pretend when they were with Sara... With Cath and Warrick, sometimes its how they see Nick and Greg together etc.

Aww i still feel sorry for when Nick lost his car!!!!

That was a classic storyline, and great for all love fans. For Nick publically said I love U Greg!

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I loved Rashomama too, it was one of the best eps of season 6 IMO. Nick never seemed gayer to me (is that even a word?) I mean the way he talked about the flowers smelling so sweet. Well not normal straight man talk IMO. Of course the declaration of love scene was just awesome for us Love fans.
    Also Greg's slight jealousy over Nick getting a number from a bridesmaid, and Nick was quick to point out that he didn't ask for it. Reassuring his boyfriend perhaps?

14. nickfangirl

nickfangirl Prime Suspect

Did the new season start up yet? Sorry all I've been out of the loop for a good while, I've been busy with two other slash pairings one of which involves a Werewolf and a Goth, and the other involving a punk and a pink shirted young man and their psycho friend. (Cookies for anyone who knows either of the pairings I am referring to and/or what they are from ;). Oh and that college thing, yeah...studying and...yeah.

Anyways, I've got some surprises in store for you if you know about the first pairing I'm referring to, it involves a character who acts like our own Greg, which is amusing in that of itself. From the way you were talking, I'd say we are nearing canonality, yes?:lol:

15. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

Personally, I think they have both a thing for blogging. :) I mean, can't you just see them both blogging about their lives on like Livejournal, Xanga, or some other blogging site? I sure can. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.